Vt Off Topic Club

Archangel gave me the idea.

so often we manage to get off topic or just want to banter, why not have its own thread

I'm Lisa or Kitsune, currently residing in colorado. 3 dogs- 1 very large mastiff, 1 small shiba inu and very blind german shepard somewhere in the middle. 2 kids, 1 boy-19 yrs and 1 girl-21 years. married 26 years.

Love all things Monty python, mostly country music- but then theres Alice Cooper, weird al yanchovich, Queen, Styx.......

heres a great wierd Al song:

well, i am going to stay on topic in the off topic thread.

my name is David aka Stirfry, i was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio, and am one of the VERY FEW Clevelanders that LIKE Cleveland. I am divorced, i have a 5 year old daughter, and 2 year old identical twin boys. i'm 37 years old, in my 3rd semester of college (attending college for the first time) majoring in Law Enforcement.

i like NASCAR (all series) and stock car racing in general, shooting handguns, watching History, Science, and Discovery Chanels, cover songs and parody songs...

...and i dearly miss Jack Bauer, Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly. :(

here's an awesome Venetian Princess song.

Edited by Stirfry

That video was great !!!!

my son is the ultimate computer/gaming geek and my Daughter is the Queen of the Anime Nerds. Sent the video to both of them !!!

Good for you going back to school and law enforcement no less--tough gig. Explains the lack of extra funds. you have your hands full.

Liquid well spent.

Monty python meets star treck:

This could get fun.

I'm Jeri aka Nana. I live in Nebraska, in a very tiny town in the middle of the state that no one (who doesn't know me) has heard of before. Been married 25 1/2 years, have 3 grown children (2 girls and 1 boy) - and 6 grandchildren (4 boys, 2 girls between the ages of 2 and 11 - who mainly call me Nana and thus the strange choice of a user name here :rolleyes2: ). Our dogs are Great Danes. (I love Mastiffs, Lisa!)

My music taste comes from my growing years, I'm sure. I like everything from country music to mid 70's groups like Queen, Styx, Air Supply, Eagles, CCR, etc.

5691_1036463811076_1809905158_78602_8022656_n.jpg

Smoked Lemon Pepper Chikin!!!!!!!!!

We have a whole off topic section on the RC Forum I'm a member of. offtopic.gif Just that section is bigger than this whole forum!!!! Thats a bunch of BS!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

Will post my "Off Topic"........ On topic bio later. Goin to in-laws to eat some GOOD left-overs!!!

Edited by ThaHodgehound

That's one of my current favorite songs.

I've never had a mastiff, but I'd love to. Right now we have too many Danes to even consider another dog, but maybe someday. I need to see if I can figure out how to post pictures. I've never tried.

Nana-

click reply

below reply box - under attachments- click choose file

then will allow you to pick a picture from your computer. I usually have the one I want in a desktop folder.

once you select the file--click the attach this file

done.

would love to see a pic of your hoard.

Stirfry--The best part about mastiffs--they don't use as much room as you would think. they are a pretty low key animal. if in a very small place would just need to be walked. huge lap dogs.

Edited by kitsune

You just described Great Danes, kitsune! Our boys don't care that they weigh 160 pounds+, they'll still jump onto my lap, but they're still babies. And they do take up a rather small space most of the time. We have a small back yard and they'll take two or three laps and they're done. They are big couch potatoes really. LOL

I'll work on getting a pic or two up.

OK, I'm Richard, AKA Tha Hodgehound, AKA Stick Killer, and I am a RC Addict! Hodgehound is a term I came up with as a name for the group of people that call my home flying field (Hodges Hobbies) Their home away from home. There are about 25 of us that are the owner of Hodges Hobbies "right hand men and women". Hodges Hobbies is the flying field most Rc'ers can only dream of! It's is actually on the Hodges private land "farm". The field is 300 feet wide and 1800 feet long.And as well manicured as a golf fairway! ALL of it! To top that, He has a HUGE Hobby Shop right there on the flying field. I really can't describe it like it deserves to be but, it is an RC Meca! www.hodgeshobbies.com

Enough of that...

I'm on my second and LAST marriage! I'm coming up on being married for 14 years to the most wonderful wife and mother in the world! We have a very smart and energetic (ADHD) 8 yr old boy that definitely keeps us on our toes! We have a 10 gal. aquarium with, at the moment, about 30 Sunset Platy's, 3 adults and the rest lil babies! LOL We had a tabby cat with a bob tail that I found abandoned ,eyes still closed, and bottle raised it. He disappeared a few months ago. I'm thinking somebody took him because he was very friendly. I also had a dog that I bottle raised. I had to put him down at 9 yrs old. We were very attached to this dog and have not wanted another since. OK enough rambling.....NEXT!!!!!!!!!

You just described Great Danes, kitsune! Our boys don't care that they weigh 160 pounds+, they'll still jump onto my lap, but they're still babies. And they do take up a rather small space most of the time. We have a small back yard and they'll take two or three laps and they're done. They are big couch potatoes really. LOL

I'll work on getting a pic or two up.

sad part--is mine really does have her own couch....hows that for spoiled.

Hey Richard !!! anybody that does that for animals must have a big heart. It is always hard to put an animal down. our youngest dog we had to put down was 5yrs--lymphoma. Breaks my heart everytime.

Very glad you are with us. still waiting for my chicken......

5691_1036463811076_1809905158_78602_8022656_n.jpg

Smoked Lemon Pepper Chikin!!!!!!!!!

We have a whole off topic section on the RC Forum I'm a member of. offtopic.gif Just that section is bigger than this whole forum!!!! Thats a bunch of BS!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

Will post my "Off Topic"........ On topic bio later. Goin to in-laws to eat some GOOD left-overs!!!

Hodgehound! You fly RC? Or drive or sail? :D For a long time I flew electric heli and loved it; I'm just such a klutz it got very pricy for me. I'm looking for another living room flyer now, then when the weather gets good will get the big bad boy out again... ;)

Edit: I've really been thinking about building a nice RC sailboat. I think that would be a blast. Mount a camera in a glass bottom and on the bow, and go to town! So to speak.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Good morning All--can I tell you--I really, really hate chores !!!!

company coming--clean house, take tap, go to work (work nights)

I do however love my roomba--just don't make it angry....

(part 1)

(part2)

Hodgehound! You fly RC? Or drive or sail? :D For a long time I flew electric heli and loved it; I'm just such a klutz it got very pricy for me. I'm looking for another living room flyer now, then when the weather gets good will get the big bad boy out again... ;)

Edit: I've really been thinking about building a nice RC sailboat. I think that would be a blast. Mount a camera in a glass bottom and on the bow, and go to town! So to speak.

About the only RC I have NOT done is sailing! LOL The video on a glass bottom would be too kewl! Yeah I been through 4 helis! The indoor/ living room flyers have really come a long way in the last 5 years. Who would have ever imagined you could fly an AIRPLANE around in a 12 X 12 room! LOL

sad part--is mine really does have her own couch....hows that for spoiled.

Hey Richard !!! anybody that does that for animals must have a big heart. It is always hard to put an animal down. our youngest dog we had to put down was 5yrs--lymphoma. Breaks my heart everytime.

Very glad you are with us. still waiting for my chicken......

Yeah, I am a 6' 3" 250 lb. soft heart! rolleyes.gif

AND everybody wants my.................... chikin!! dribble.gif

About the only RC I have NOT done is sailing! LOL The video on a glass bottom would be too kewl! Yeah I been through 4 helis! The indoor/ living room flyers have really come a long way in the last 5 years. Who would have ever imagined you could fly an AIRPLANE around in a 12 X 12 room! LOL

No kidding man, light electric has changed the whole game! I love that stuff.

Alright guys----thats :offtopic: ........oh wait, so that's on topic------I'm so confused--- :wallbash:

Me too! About time we had a thread that felt natural!

Hodgehound you're right about electric. When I was a kid I built and flew u-control glow plug planes; I loved the dizzy side effect! And rebuilding balsa aircraft, I guess. :D Electric has made the whole RC thing much more benign and even (depending) much less expensive. I have some old fuel engines though that are wonderful works of engineering and art; I kind of feel like we've lost something flying electric. Well, or not; it's sure fun! You're getting me all worked up to go flying man, and it's been too windy the last six months to even think about it. (Hence the sailboat idea I guess.)

Alright guys----thats :offtopic: ........oh wait, so that's on topic------I'm so confused--- :wallbash:

Thats the whole point, being off topic is actually on topic.....

since there is no topic--alls fair and nobody can claim 'off topic'--because its still on topic....

right?? something like that.

its 4:45 am, I would so much rather be sleeping instead of working (kinda)--ok back on topic-time to go back to work

Me too! About time we had a thread that felt natural!

Hodgehound you're right about electric. When I was a kid I built and flew u-control glow plug planes; I loved the dizzy side effect! And rebuilding balsa aircraft, I guess. :D Electric has made the whole RC thing much more benign and even (depending) much less expensive. I have some old fuel engines though that are wonderful works of engineering and art; I kind of feel like we've lost something flying electric. Well, or not; it's sure fun! You're getting me all worked up to go flying man, and it's been too windy the last six months to even think about it. (Hence the sailboat idea I guess.)

LOL KInda like playing with all this stuff!