Vaping Vs Smoking And The Stealth Factor

Honestly, the reason my brain first considering ecigs was NOT quitting smoking!

It was: "how can I sneak a smoke in at places/times where it would be hard to not to?"

This is why I started.

And it's the first 10 or so biggest benefits I've gotten from it!

Man, first few days I would make a habit to vape everywhere I couldn't smoke: elevators, bathrooms, office, at home when I was otherwise 'done smoking for the night', etc.

What I didn't do was to publicly vape in places I knew I couldn't smoke. Hell, even in the mall right next to the smoke everywhere (GOD I want to type 'smoke anywhere'... it makes so much more sense!) stand, I didn't try it, although I very much wanted to. I walked all the way out of the mall to where I could smoke normally, even threw the cart wrapper garbage in the smoker's outpost thing outside.

I just am not up to have to fight in a restaurant or mall or other non-smoking building to explain that I'm "not really smoking". You know, you're in the store or whatever, you have an ecig in the pocket. You could just pull it out and take a few hits, but you KNOW you'll be attacked by an employee or something. I feel like I need to carry a pamphlet or something.

Despite the whole initial 'stealth smoking' factor, I've now come to realize that this is a killer smoking cessation tool. It doesn't have the first-cig-of-the-day kick to it, but for the rest of the grind it's almost as good. And the HUGE widening of places and times you can use it is great! The lack of negative (direct and indirect) effects compared to 'analog's is another key factor.

Anyway, came for the stealth, staying for the quitting :)

I love getting to explain it to people. And most people are not even going to say anything they will just look at you weird. i usually dont do it around a family. like kids and stuff. but thats about all. i do it everywhere i can. i was at the mall the other day and went to the smoking everywhere booth and they told me to leave cause i would take away there business! lol. i laughed so hard!

another thing i noticed, as it relates to vaping where you couldn't smoke...

when i am between classes, when i smoked i would go out side and have a whole cig, or two. but with vaping i found that 2-3 hits from a PV on my way from one class to another was all i needed.

i wouldn't even consider only taking one or two hits from an analog... i would simply finish it, even if it made me late.

Edited by Stirfry

I travel frequently for work and I choose not to use it in most indoor public places as well. I don't use it in the airport or on the plane, it just seems inconsiderate with the level of stress traveling alone can put people through, why add to it. I will say I love being able to use it in my non-smoking hotel room. I hated taking the 20 floor elevator ride, and then worming my way through the lobby just to smoke a cigarette, I mean I spent as much time going to and from my room as I did smoking the cigarette itself. I actually used my e-cig in the movie theater not long ago, just held my hits a little longer to cut down on the amount of vapor exhaled.

I travel frequently for work and I choose not to use it in most indoor public places as well. I don't use it in the airport or on the plane, it just seems inconsiderate with the level of stress traveling alone can put people through, why add to it. I will say I love being able to use it in my non-smoking hotel room. I hated taking the 20 floor elevator ride, and then worming my way through the lobby just to smoke a cigarette, I mean I spent as much time going to and from my room as I did smoking the cigarette itself. I actually used my e-cig in the movie theater not long ago, just held my hits a little longer to cut down on the amount of vapor exhaled.

Ha, I was just thinking about using it in a movie theater. Again, my mind is still reeling with the possibilities of vaping in all the forbidden places. But then I considered the vapor, minimal and quickly dissipating as it is, could actually interfere with other people's vision of the screen. I don't want to be a huge **** (unless situation calls upon it).

Ha, I was just thinking about using it in a movie theater. Again, my mind is still reeling with the possibilities of vaping in all the forbidden places. But then I considered the vapor, minimal and quickly dissipating as it is, could actually interfere with other people's vision of the screen. I don't want to be a huge **** (unless situation calls upon it).

You may have figured it out by now, but here's what I do to "stealth vape".

Keep a retractable ball point pen on you. When you feel the need to be stealthy, Take the pen apart. Take as big a drag off your device as you need to. Exhale through the tip of the pen-you know, the part where the barrel of the pen tapers down to a small hole for the ball point to go through. Try to find a pen that doesn't make a whistling sound when you blow through it. You'll be amazed to see very little to NO vapor come out. Enven if there is just a little vapor, it won't be enough for anyone to notice compared to the great plume of vapor coming out your mouth if you didn't use the pen tip!

If you don't have a pen tip handy, you can always exhale through a spare atomizer. Just put your mouth over the threaded part. It helps if you already have a drip tip or blank cartridge already connected so you don't get juice everywhere. Spread the word; I don't know just how many people know about this already.

I try not to do it in public places where smoking is not allowed.

I don't want to have to deal with people. no matter how well you explain yourself, people still look at you side ways...

I do vape in my house, which is something I'd never thought of doing before with analogs. loved smoking but didn't want my house to smell like smoke.

I nearly ruined my car from smoking in it. ash everywhere no matter how careful I was and how much I cleaned... have ash in places I can't get to with a vacuum still, and have burned a couple spots in upholstery which makes me feel angry with myself. :mad::no

I did try couple times vaping in the public bathroom and no one noticed. felt like James Bond or something, all sneaky like. :lol: