How Long Do Pre-Filled Carts Last?

vandyke

Ok, that's a pretty vague question, what with various size carts for different models (I assume..(?)) and different personal rates of use.

Any metrics? # of puffs, # of hours, etc? I think some of the less reputable sales literature compare a cart to multiple packs worth, but I'm not seeing it. That, or I'm vaping WAY TOO MUCH because it's too easy to do and you don't get the same effects as smoking too many cigs (except the when you get way too much nicotine).

Impossible question to answer?

Carts generally don't last long at all. You're waiting on a 510 from the VaporPro, right? Did you get some juice also? The carts are easily refilled, you just need to buy some juice. Often the problem with carts is that the filler just doesn't work well and the juice doesn't flow down to the attomizer so you have to keep topping off the cart. There are several options for different cart fillers and I'm sure you'll get some good advice from members who do use carts.

I posted some links on your other post that explain direct dripping... you should check that out. Many of us direct drip to get better flavor and vapor. You may also want to look into the 510 cartomizer. I direct drip most of the time, and use a cartomizer when driving or on the go. They are pretty cheap, last a lot longer, and can also be refilled at least a few times.

The carts that attach to the 510 only last about 2-3 cigarettes worth at most. But suppliers sell liquid by the bottle so you can refill. A bottle on the other hand will last you about a week and that's if your vaping like a mad man :)

There is one exception to this and that's a cartomizer. A cartomizer contains the cart and atomizer in one. These can be purchased empty to fill on your own or prefilled. Once full they will last about 100 puffs. Sometimes more sometimes less. To give you an idea of how much that is, the average person takes 10 puffs from a cigarette before it's done :)

Carts by themselves really don't last very long.

Did you get some extra liquid???

I am a combination drip and cart. my ideal cart filler is the blue foam from strictly ejuice https://strictlyejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_49&products_id=222&zenid=v5fl3ml9ihrpco5keoklj5j1l5.

with the carts--you pull out the white filler--fill the cart with liquid--stuff the blue foam into the liquid and 'fluff' to the top of the cart. add a drop or two to the top of the cart--attach to the atty and vape.

When you get to that point we can help you along......

I've been trying to figure that out for over a month now. I noticed if ya ask different people, ya get different answers; different literature will guide ya differently, yadda-yadda-yadda. There's way too many things to factor in to come up with a universal answer. Your best bet is to just try different things (you'll find many ideas to try here) take note of the different outcomes and you will find what you're looking for.

After reading many different sources and trying many different things, personally, I have come to the conclusion that direct dripping is hands down the best way to go. Have ya tried that yet? I went nuts trying everything else and didn't listen to everyone hyping up the dripping thing. Finally, I got tired of crunching numbers and experimenting with how long carts last compared to a pack of smokes and just tried dripping. Since then, all else seems trivial, LoL!

I personally feel carts are a nice temporary fix while driving short trips or something, but I feel that's about it. Everyone's different though, take your time and try different things, you'll find what your looking for.

;) Hope this helps ;)

Jim, you have a point. When I finally quit comparing vaping to smoking--I was much, much happier. I drip when I am hanging out and use carts when I am out and about.

The only thing that matters is experimenting and finding what works best for you--comparing vaping and smoking is apples and broccoli.

Excellent post Bigjim! I tried just about everything just trying to get a cart to last me on my 45 minute drive to work, but gave up. Cartos solved that problem. :)

Good, I was worried when I blew through my overpriced (I think!) $10-for-5 smoking everywhere carts in like about 24 hours. Or was it 48? Hmm...

I was also pre-emptively replacing them when I thought there wasn't enough vapor or effect.

A few times I've gone back and had an analog to compare and contrast. As much nicer and more convenient that the vaping is to smoking, even after vaping what I considered 'a lot' most of the day, one Marlboro packed a punch like the first smoke of the day. I'm not saying I'd stop vaping or anything, I definitely see me migrating there. Also, the doof at the mall stand gave me mediums instead of highs, for whatever THAT'S worth...

Anyway, definitely waiting for the 510. And liquids. Er... alot. Well, not a lot maybe, but a variety. I made two orders over two days, pretty much got one of nearly everything ;)