Spreading The Love!

I was driving to my friends house tonight, vapin' on some super yummy VT grape soda. As I pulled into the Tim Horton's coffee shop (usual stop on my way to his house), I was thinking about that super yummy VT grape soda and how I probably would have never tried it if it weren't for this awesome community's pay-it-forward disposition. At that very moment, a warm fuzzy feeling filled my gut and I felt all giddy! (Yeah, it's cheesy, but whatever!) I started to think of ways that I can contribute to the community in a pay-it-forward sense. After a few minutes of pondering, it dawned on me... why limit this to just the on-line community? It felt like some sort of revelation. When I got to the window to get my coffee, I paid for mine and ended up paying for the car behind me too, (figures they had a $10 order!) I told the guy at the window to let the car behind me know I said "you're welcome, just Pay-it-Forward some day". It felt sooo good to do that, even if it cost me $11.55 for a medium coffee! Heck, it was well worth it. Maybe next time I'll get lucky and only have one other cup of coffee to cover!

That really is a great story !! Just doing something kind for another person you know or don't know really does give a warm fuzzy feeling.

I am certain the guy behind you was amazed and will hopefull pay it forward. Kindness can be very infectious.

Thank you for sharing that--made me smile !!!

Oh BigJim that was sooo nice of you. Haha .. I can picture them pulling up to the window and not even understanding what the cashier is telling them. Random acts of kindness are so rare anymore.

Kudos!

Haha, it just popped in my head... I think this would be a cool new thread... What if we started a new thread, where we'd declare a random day or week or something, where we all went out and performed a small, random act of kindness and reported back the ideas we came up with and the experiences from it? Nothing crazy, but maybe things like taking out the neighbors trash or cutting their lawn, leaving behind an inspiring book at the coffee shop, or even pulling over to help that guy push his broken down car out of the road. Maybe we could influence each other with creative ideas and trying different things!

What do you guys think?

:)

Edited by Bigjim

I really like that--we could change the world one good deed at a time.

I am game.....

how fun

(does adopting my sisters 5 year old blind german shepard count???--they couldn't find her a home and just couldn't keep her and couldn't put her in a shelter.....) now I have a mastiff, shiba, maine coone (big cat) and a blind shepard. not counting my 2 kids in college.

hmmmmm--i'm guessing i like chaos.

Edited by kitsune

IMHO - if you post it, you are looking for thanks, just not from the person you helped. So it still counts as a PIF, and if that's what will keep you performing random acts of kindness than that's cool too.

Yeah, i suppose you right. I didn't really look at it that way, just thought it'd be cool to get some different ideas and inspiration for the cause. Kind of a double edged sword in a sense I see :(

Not judging - whatever works is good, point is to get someone else to pass it on so it still works. My father taught me some things a while back, tried to pass on to my kids, not sure it worked. My daughter thinks I am foolish for helping people out with their computers, thought I was crazy for helping a random stranger get their car out of the mud (I ended up covered in it). I explained again how it works, there's time, might get it, might not. I think my son gets it. I have plenty of faults so its kind of a penance for me and therefore selfish. But do whatever works, for whatever reason.

i thought this would be a good place to post this....

this proves that kitsune really does walk the way that she talks...

as some of you may know, i ran into one of the worst situations a vaper can be in (aside from having your only unit die), which is being broke, AND running out of juice at the same time.

well... this afternoon a package arrived with some homemade juice and some other juice related goodies, and saved the day!

i know for a fact that i would not have been able to hold out until my expected cash came though... so not only did she just go above and beyond to help someone she didn't even know, she very likely saved me from falling off the wagon. not to mention doing so with some AWESOME homemade juice!

not only did she helped me in a material way (with actual juice), but also in proving why Vapor Talk is such am amazing place.

and all she asked in return: that i pay it forward when someone else is in need.

thank you kitsune, and thank you VT!

I'm pretty sure I blushing all the way to my toe nails !!!!

I'm just glad I could help. I have had a few people help me out over the last year.

Jim--Thats what I was thinking. We kinda get stuck in our own heads and ideas--I think it would be nice to have some new ideas. I don't think its really looking for a pat on the back or any such--sometimes you just need to share a good feeling or a great idea.

Since I have been here, you guys never do anything less than amaze me! People helping out people they have never seen or may never see is such a great boost to the soul! I just hope that I can be here long enough to help out people the way you guys do! I may never be able to afford to "pay" a new PV Kit "forward" like Ecig did for me, but you can bet I will find a way to do something! Even if it is just taking a newb under my wing and show them the ropes, or like kitsune did and send someone in need some juice or atty etc.

I LOVE VT, YOU GUYS....and GALS!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL clap.gif