New Xhaler Button

Tektronik

I know there's not many out there who use an XHaler religiously, but for those of you who do, NHaler just came out with a new button/switch assembly for their XHaler and their "mini" XSHalers.

I got mine in the mail today. They just came out before the memorial day weekend. It's a small modification- you remove the standard brass button/switch rod which makes contact with the inner body of the tube and replace it with a similar looking contact rod except this one has a small threaded hole in the top of the brass rod and you screw in a delrin button that is the same diameter as the delrin sleeve which protrudes from a hole in the tubing near the bottom end (on the side).

After you put everything back together, the New delrin button greatly improves the feel of the switch. Its now much easier to activate the device with any finger, and puts less stress on your middle and last two fingers should you choose to press with those fingers. You could just palm the whole thing and squeeze and the device will fire with ease!

The action is still firm enough so it won't accidentally activate if its situated in you pocket just right, but when I took everything apart, i stretched the spring just a little to make it a little more firm (to my liking). I'm telling, you, it's simply a much better action than the previous standard button/switch! Plus, now I don't have to polish the old brass button every week like I used to (along with the brass atomizer endcaps)

Go to NHaler's website and check it out! Drew even made a video on how to do the install and even includes the right size allen key for the screw. I'd take pictures, but you all know what an XHaler looks like right?

Now all they have to do is make that switch with a locking mechanism like the GG! That would be so sweet!

By the way, i just put a new "skin" ( Nhaler sells different foil adhesive skins) on mine and it's practically a new toy all over again!

If you already own an Xhaler or Mini XHaler and haven't used it in a while, you'll breathe new life into it with this small modificationcool.gif

Tektronik

OK, Fine, here's a picture

post-1685-079461900 1275439257_thumb.jpg

post-1685-079461900 1275439257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tektronik

Great review Tek! Thanks for the heads up. Never used one but often considered the XHaler. Button placement has always been its downfall for me though. I'm really glad to hear how cool NHaler is with their customers; that's very important.

Nice Mac you got there! ;) But was that -- gasp! -- M$ Office I saw on there?! Oh, say it ain't so! I do dig Chrome though. We have our docks arranged almost as a mirror image of each other, which I thought was a hoot.

Great review Tek! Thanks for the heads up. Never used one but often considered the XHaler. Button placement has always been its downfall for me though. I'm really glad to hear how cool NHaler is with their customers; that's very important.

Nice Mac you got there! ;) But was that -- gasp! -- M$ Office I saw on there?! Oh, say it ain't so! I do dig Chrome though. We have our docks arranged almost as a mirror image of each other, which I thought was a hoot.

How are you getting by without MS Office 2008? Open Office? The Mac is great; I'm running two monitors, but there's still a learning curve on how to manipulate the desktop when you have all sorts of stuff open. I'm sure it's because I'm so used to windows that I don't know the ins and outs of the OS. Any recommendations on learning material?

Edited by Tektronik

How are you getting by without MS Office 2008? Open Office? The Mac is great; I'm running two monitors, but there's still a learning curve on how to manipulate the desktop when you have all sorts of stuff open. I'm sure it's because I'm so used to windows that I don't know the ins and outs of the OS. Any recommendations on learning material?

I feel your pain on that one Tek. It took me a couple years to negotiate the learning curve, and switching when I go to work every morning took even longer. ;) My recommendation: Finder is key, F9 is your best friend. F11 is your second best friend. But I don't know how that'd work with dual monitors, you must be a god or something. thumbsup.gif

And yeah, I use OOo because I can't bring myself to give M$ any of my money; not ever. Most people don't realize how deeply corrupt and dishonest they are, but I do and they haven't gotten anything from me but spite for like 12 years. And never will. Okay, soabbox off! :D

Congratulations on joining the good guys!

Thanks for the update! I bought Jeffb's old Nhaler and I hated the button. Otherwise, it's a great device! I'll have to pick up the new button ASAP.

It can, under certain conditions. Tight jeans, don't even try it. Loose clothing, including shirt pockets, cargo pockets, et. all, no problem. The tension on the spring is strong enough that it won't go off unless you're really careless. My military uniform--ABUs (AF) has a pocket inside the cargo pockets where the XHaler fits perfectly and upright. I've never had it fire in my cargo pockets before. Keep in mind that the switch has a "long throw" meaning that you have to press it all the way down for it to fire. The spring tension is enough to kep this from happening unless you stuff in a tight pocket haphazardly.

In my opinion, the Xhaler is just one step away from a locking mechanism now that the new switch upgrade allows the button to rotate freely. It wouldn't take much to make one more modification to the plunger to make a locking switch. I'm sure as soon as NHaler realizes this, they will go to work on it!

Definitely consider the XHaler. It's a well built unit that fires every time, but and there's always a but, you have to maintain the switch yourself about once a week. You have all the voltage options and can use two different battery sizes. It's not as bulky as the SB, it's more simplistic than any VP series device which means there's less that can go wrong, and the best thing is, it fires every time (again, provided you maintain the switch about once a week). If you get one, definitely get one with the new button! If you have any more questions, PM me.