My Dse 901 Pass Thru Mod !

ThaHodgehound

Cool! So, does the cigarette lighter adapter thingy bring down the volts?

Oh - yes, you're hooked! :thumbsup:

I guess it does Brian. It is a plug for hooking up ipods and mp3 players and such.

How do you recharge it?

I recharge the 3 cell LiPo with the charger I use for my RC Planes. Takes about an hour to charge. I've been using it for 2 days now and it was fully charged. I checked it a while ago and the voltage only dropped 0.2 volts in two days! I may be good for a week or 2 on a charge!

Clever .I always thought portable phone battery packs would be good to use just couldn't find an easy way to chrge them,unless I used the one that is in my phone I use I could switch them out.

Edited by mcquinn

You could probably rig up some rechargeable AAs in an old electric toys battery holder or something simple like that. 4 would make 6 volts. Not sure if the cig plug adapter will work that low. One of my flying buddies showed me how to do this set up. I just copied him.

I don't care for more than 4 volts and prefer 3.7.On my mods I put my batteries in parellel for longer life at 3.7 volts.I use 4.8 ohm resistors on my homemade passthroughs to chock them down to 4 volts.I guess it is a matter of personal taste.My kissbox passthrough is essentially what you have ,a passthrough you can use as a battery powered stand alone unit.

I just love how inventive everyone around here is. Well, everyone except me maybe. But I love seeing what you've all come up with. Granted...when you talk about how you did what you did and how this or that works, etc., I have no clue what you're saying, but I sure do it enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing.

And yes, you are hooked. It happens to everyone sooner or later. Usually sooner. :rolleyes:

I just love how inventive everyone around here is. Well, everyone except me maybe. But I love seeing what you've all come up with. Granted...when you talk about how you did what you did and how this or that works, etc., I have no clue what you're saying, but I sure do it enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing.

And yes, you are hooked. It happens to everyone sooner or later. Usually sooner. :rolleyes:

Hooked? Hooked? I'm not hooked, I can stop anytime I want to----Right?

Well been using the battery on and off for a few days now and the voltage is still at peak capacity! Looks like I'll be vaping for a month on a charge before it even gets close to needing to be recharged! punk.gif