Vp2 Switch?

I have a VP2 that I love but lately the switch has been acting up. I have to push the button REALLY REALLY hard to get it to fire. If I push the button normally the led's will come on but no vapor. I have tried cleaning the contact points to the atty and inside contact points for the battery but nothing helps. Any ideas!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Lynn

I've had similar issues with mine after two months. The switch would act up by either making the LED flicker; had to wiggle the switch to get it to stay on; sometimes the LED would work when there was no atty connected and it would go out as soon as you connected an atty to it. I simply don't know what's going on inside. You are probably just going to have to send it back for warranty work. That's what I did. They fixed it, and it works fine now. I haven't had that same problem since. They're pretty good about turning around repair work and getting the device back to you in about 7 days.

Good Luck!

I have a VP2 that I love but lately the switch has been acting up. I have to push the button REALLY REALLY hard to get it to fire. If I push the button normally the led's will come on but no vapor. I have tried cleaning the contact points to the atty and inside contact points for the battery but nothing helps. Any ideas!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Lynn

I have heard some people say they occasionally clean the switch itself with some alcohol. You could always give that a try, but be careful with alcohol on the atomizer connection as it can eat away at the silicone and damage the connection.

Sounds like the switch has gone out. Your only option would be to replace it.

I suggest using your warranty :) If your warranty is over, Vaprlife offers a $30 repair service in which they will repair anything that has gone wrong with the unit.

Not only that,they will completly go thru the unit, clean, repair, buff, a full recondition. Not bad for 30 bucks. Good folks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kragax

I just got a VP-1/801 back from VaprLife after they serviced it, and they did a fine job. Pretty quick turn-around, I had it back maybe 10 days after shipping it off. They replace the switch and the atty connector as a matter of course, clean and polish, etc. The thing looks brand new, and performs like it, as well. I've got a Spade doing the same thing (sticky switch), so I'll be sending that off soon.

Since I've switched over to 510 attys (first the Spade and now the eGo), I'm bundling the VP-1 up with three 801 attys and some batts and chargers I have laying around and giving it all to a good buddy of mine who wants to vape but is on a fixed income.

Anyway... thumbs-up to VaprLife. Cheaper to fix a VP-series unit than have to buy new any day.

Thanks for your help everyone. I think that I will send it back to Vaprlife, but since it is kinda working I think I will order a new one first cuz I would hate to be without one. These VP's are great.

Thanks

Lynn

Thanks for your help everyone. I think that I will send it back to Vaprlife, but since it is kinda working I think I will order a new one first cuz I would hate to be without one. These VP's are great.

Thanks

Lynn

Maybe spend a little more and pick up a Joker, that way you have a HV option as well.

Thanks

Lynn

Oh yeah!! Gotta have backups!! Once you find that perfect vape, you need more than one - just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine failed again for the second time. I sent in once and it lasted a month. Now it's out of warranty and I don't think I'll send it in anymore. I can't see paying $28 plus $6.95 shipping every month to keep it running. Plus the last time it came back to me with vise dents in it. I wasn't to happy about that.

Mine failed again for the second time. I sent in once and it lasted a month. Now it's out of warranty and I don't think I'll send it in anymore. I can't see paying $28 plus $6.95 shipping every month to keep it running. Plus the last time it came back to me with vise dents in it. I wasn't to happy about that.

Interesting... I don't know what I'm going to do now... It's not like I NEED it anyway withh every other one I've got now. Sad really. LOL.

Interesting... I don't know what I'm going to do now... It's not like I NEED it anyway withh every other one I've got now. Sad really. LOL.

I liked the VP2 a lot when it was new and working. I'm disappointed I had so much trouble with it. My wife has a VP1 and it's still working great. It just seems a small percentage of Vaprlife mods have problems. I've already read some people are having problems with the Joker. I was going to buy a Joker when they came out but changed my mind when I had so many problems with my VP2. Instead I bought a Buzz VariVolt.

I liked the VP2 a lot when it was new and working. I'm disappointed I had so much trouble with it. My wife has a VP1 and it's still working great. It just seems a small percentage of Vaprlife mods have problems. I've already read some people are having problems with the Joker. I was going to buy a Joker when they came out but changed my mind when I had so many problems with my VP2. Instead I bought a Buzz VariVolt.

Hyper, my son and I both ordered a buzz as well. They should be here in a bout a week...can hardly wait.

Hyper, my son and I both ordered a buzz as well. They should be here in a bout a week...can hardly wait.

I know I would certainly like to hear what you think of it after you get it. That thing looks pretty sweet and seems to be quite versatile. :thumbsup:

And how do YOU like the Buzz? It looks like a cool PV.

I've only had the Buzz for 4 days now but so far I'm lovin it. I bought the Buzz because of the variable voltage and the voltage is regulated. I read so many reports of people blowing attys at 5 and 6 volts, so I wanted a mod that could do 4.5 volts. According to Janty 4.5 volts is the highest you should go for atty life. That's what their Baby J is supposed to be whenever it comes out.

I also like that the Buzz's voltage is regulated. So it's going to stay at the voltage you set it at instead of like most mods where the voltage keeps dropping as time goes on.

I know some people aren't happy that there isn't a digital voltage readout on the Buzz and they joke how you have to carry a multimeter around with you but I see it as set it and forget it. Find the voltage you like and leave it. Why would you need to keep changing the voltage? I can see where you would change it according to the atty or carto you're using but after that you leave it alone. Right now I'm using a 510 Mega atty and cart at 4.5 volts. For me that's the perfect vaping experience.

When it comes to batteries I wouldn't recommend AW Li-Ion or high drain. I'm using AW Li-Ions and only get 5 hours out of them. Other Buzz users report Ultrafire last much longer. WitchWay says she gets up to 11 hours using Ultrafire and a 302 atty. She only got 7 hours with both kind of AWs. I have some black and red Trustfire batteries on order because the people on the Candlepower forum claim those have the highest tested capacity.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24980

I highly recommend the Buzz. Mike seems to be a great guy and he answered all my questions by email quickly. :thumbsup: