Now That They Have Been Out Awhile.....

Now that cartomizers have been out a while, what is the general consenus? How long do they last if you fill your own? How is the throat hit? I hear the flavor is good. They are not really expensive, but I get long life from my 510 attys. Always looking for a better throat hit though.

Now that cartomizers have been out a while, what is the general consenus? How long do they last if you fill your own? How is the throat hit? I hear the flavor is good. They are not really expensive, but I get long life from my 510 attys. Always looking for a better throat hit though.

I like them and I have done some digging on them so I hope you find this useful.

They are cooler atties than regualr 510, I have the ones purchased from VT rated at 3.2 ohms. This is a full ohm greater than standard 510 atties. The coil will run cooler which, for my tastes, results in a better taste for 510.

These cartos are very "airy" meaning that while the flow of air is very good, the vapor can be somewhat light unless you really concentrate on taking a slow and gentle pull. On the very bottom of the atty is a vent on the poitive connector that is quite large. This is where the air is coming from (in addition to the holes on the sides of the connector). What I did was plug this with (unchewed) chewing gum, just enough to cover the hole. This resulted in a much thicker vapor and similar draw to a standard 510.

Regarding TH, I personally dont beleive that Atomisers play nearly as much a role in TH than the juice. If the draw is too light (airy) then it obviously will affect the TH. Once I plugged the bottom vent/intake slot, the TH was the same as I get with standard 510 atty.

PEG 400 will add TH and vapor density to a juice. I am currently playin around with the PEG 400 and will post a review soon.

Edited by Burn

Found the MSDS here http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9926620 wonder how close this is chemically to anti-freeze.

These cartos are very "airy" meaning that while the flow of air is very good, the vapor can be somewhat light unless you really concentrate on taking a slow and gentle pull. On the very bottom of the atty is a vent on the poitive connector that is quite large. This is where the air is coming from (in addition to the holes on the sides of the connector). What I did was plug this with (unchewed) chewing gum, just enough to cover the hole. This resulted in a much thicker vapor and similar draw to a standard 510.

OH! great idea w/the gum, I'm gonna try that... I love the cartos on my Tornado w/the cone, but on my 510 & passthrough sometimes it's like sucking on air - frustrating when you want a couple of fast nicotine hits between errands or on break.

I must be doing it wrong, cuz the gum seems to blocking all my airflow...

abc gum in my carto sounds like a sticky mess waiting to happen, lmao ;)

LOL, yes, unchewed. The end of the ATTY doesnt (or at least for me) get hot enough to melt or affect it. You can really use anything you want to block it. I just found some gum ot be effective. If covering the hole blocks all the air flow then open up a little bit of it. It worked really well for me and the flavor was excellent.

I am not familiar with PEG400. What is it? Its not ethylene by nature is it? Do not want to use Ethyene glycol.

From the TW FAQ:

PEG (400) - You will see this abbreviation used with some e-liquid sellers and across the forum, it stands for "PolyEthylene Glycol", and the "400" relates to its molecular weight. Not to be confused with Ethylene Glycol, which is poisonous, PEG is fully approved for pharmaceutical use and is used in a variety products like mouthwash, cosmetics and foods. See 'What is in the e-liquid' under 'Personal Vaporizing Liquids' further down this FAQ.

What is Polyethylene Glycol 400 or PEG 400 used for?

Polyethylene Glycol (PEG 400) is a low molecular weight grade of Polyethylene glycol. It is a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. Due in part to its low toxicity, PEG 400 is widely used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations. In vaping usage, it tends to plant itself in the middle of both PG and VG. It provides a decent throat hit while still providing a excellent amount of vapor.

ive had my cartomizers for about 4 days now! ive been using the same one this whole time. and im not really sure about how many times ive filled it but its been a pretty good amount. i found that a dry one can hold almost 20 drops. and you will get a better throat hit and a better amount of vapor! I would buy some! they are amazing! especially if have a long drive to work or a long drive home cause they last alot longer. so you would not have to drip while driving.

as for cartoz i think they are a great product , but i use them on a wetbox and dont have to refill them so i dont know if it is hard , but i can say this the vapor and ttaste are as burn said better and more pronounced i havent tryed blockin the inlets yet dont see the need atm , but ofcorse i have to try it now cause theres a posability that i can get more vapor lol , thanks burn now i have to try it lol. you rock bro

Thanks for the info. I've been holding out till I heard some real info on them and not just product hype.

I've tried the kr808's and they are ok, but nothing to write home about. They seem to get a little too hot for my taste.

So I guess I'll have to give these a try.

Thanks for the info. I've been holding out till I heard some real info on them and not just product hype.

I've tried the kr808's and they are ok, but nothing to write home about. They seem to get a little too hot for my taste.

So I guess I'll have to give these a try.

If you are hesitant and want to try, I'll send you some. I've been stockpiling!!! I have about 80 cartos and looking for more. PM me if interested.

I like them, but I still direct drip whenever I can. I use the carto for driving and when fishing. I don't get much TH from it and it seems TH is the biggest thing for me. As for the "airyness", I think it depends on what you use it on. On my Spade I find the draw perfect. However, on a VP2 with a 510 adapter, very airy and I don't like it.

I like them, but I still direct drip whenever I can. I use the carto for driving and when fishing. I don't get much TH from it and it seems TH is the biggest thing for me. As for the "airyness", I think it depends on what you use it on. On my Spade I find the draw perfect. However, on a VP2 with a 510 adapter, very airy and I don't like it.

thats a great point, when I put the carto on my eGo with the cone on, the draw is much tighter and better. i am not familiar with the design of the spade but could it be designed in a way that slows the draw so the vents arent so open?

It might just be that I'm doing something wrong... either with my dripping or with the cartos, but its seems to me that the flavor is 'different' when I use a carto than when I drip. As by way of a for instance, when I drip Dulcis I get more of a 'Burnt Caramel' flavor that I find very good, rich and deep. When I use the same juice in a carto I get more of the tobacco flavor. dont get me wrong, its still good, just noticable different. its the same with all the other flavors I've tried, not bad, just different. TH is no different to me. All in all i like em, I still drip 90% of the time, but the Carto is great for a long drive or a party night when I don't wanna hassle with dripping. One thing I did notice, and will likely be an issue once my Joker shows up, at 5v it gets wicked hot on the lips. Just my $0.02.