Yet Another Question

I just whipped up a batch of orange cream juice not bad but prolly won't make it again soon. 18mg, good vapor, liveable throat hit but, not as sweet as I would like. any ideas on how to sweeten it up some. I used:

3.00 base

4.5 PG

1.0 VG

1.5 Flavor

Would more VG sweeten it? Or is there something better?

Edited by Kragax

Thanks for the links GDub, I'll have to check those out.

In the meantime, I would think maybe more or all VG for sweeter taste. The base and flavoring should counteract the thickness of the VG.

Not played with the orange flavors much--sounds interesting.

This is another reason, I do not care for Loranns flavorings. Not only are they very thin but they require sweetening for many flavors and the ones that are sweetened are sugar based which will wind up in the atty. Gdub is spot on with the Ethyl Matol but I have found that it reaches its saturation point rather quickly before providing enough sweetness. What Ethyl Matol does do on its own, very well IMHO is remove bitter or harsh tastes from a liquid. I prefer to use this in conjunction with Ethyl Matol

http://capellaflavordrops.com/capellasimplysweetconcentratedliquidsweetener.aspx

It is liquid splenda and from my use it does not seem to leave much of a residue on the atty.

Sweetening Loranns can be rather tricky, this is another reason why I prefer using decadent vapours concentrated flavourings. They are already have well balanced sweetness and are made to be atty safe.

Thank you all for your help. My Rasberry is fine as with the berry flavor a lttle tartness is okay. I was looking for the orange cream/creamcicle (sp) taste and was just a bit disappointed. Trial and error LOL. I need to get some flavorings other than Loranns.

For what it's worth, marshmallow flavor is ethyl maltol. It's pretty easy to find.

Dang Burn, I wish decadent vapours had more flavors! But I bookmarked it on TW US just in case... ;)

Just did some research on the TW, Cappelas, and Tasty Puffs websites. I see there are a lot of options that are made more for juicing. I have to work up a couple of test orders. Thanks Again

@ Dave:

53 aren’t enough? =)

@ Kragax

Capellas is not engineered for juicing, yes, they have "e-juice" category but like loranns it is food flavoring that people use for that. This doesn’t mean they are horrible but you do want to keep an eye out for which flavors contain sugar, sugar kills atties in a similar fashion as they kill car engines when placed in the gas tank.

Many Loranns flavors contain sugars or for other reasons shouldn’t go anywhere near an atomizer. I found a good guide to using Loranns (if that’s your thang)

http://www.exogenesis.co.uk/Loranne1.htm

The link above was found on one of the best vaping info sites I have found:

http://www.tji-java-ide.com/e-cigarette/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Tasty Puff is closer as it was made to add taste to a joint...errrrrr.....blunt.....errrrr...cigar... I have some but don’t particularly care for them in e-juice. I haven't experimented too much for them but when I get the flavor strong enough, it has a weird aftertaste and throat hit.

The only two that I know of that are expressly made for e-juice is Decadent Vapors and Tasty Vapor. You can order a doubler of a flavor that seems to be straight flavor. I don’t know if it is concentrated like Decadent vapor is but it is made for e-juice and would probably work at larger % but I have not tried it.... (yet)

http://www.tastyvapor.us/-c-11.html?TVid=1f99982683575a71db20083b77bc3972

May have to check out capella. I have been using flavour art for quite a while and really like them, but the stock is still a bit(alot) low at liberty flights.

technically I have enough flavors to last quite a long time--but there are so many to try.

I adore Decadent Vapors - but unfortunately have had a very nasty falling out with TW. if Nick every gets his own site going, I will be one happy camper !!!!

I also use flavored liquid at higher strength, PG or VG and then add the flavoring. seems to give better flavor, or at least easier to get the right flavors. mixing with the unflavored can be a bit trickier--I tend to add multiple flavors to find the right balance.

Happy Vaping

Again, I am very new to this and the learning curve looks mighty steep from here. Im trying to develop a few flavors that would keep me happy in the event of a ban, plus I like to dabble. Finding the right flavoring seems to be the struggle. What one person used another says is bad, ect. Id like a good flaring that won't cook my atty that has a slight sweetness like I get fron Chris' Grape Soda. My Rasberry came out pretty good, orange creame, yuck its going down the drain. It's hard to know what to buy and then everything has to be emailed besides. Don't really know which direction to go next. If you add a splenda based sweetener is it bad for the atty? Are the Tasty Vapors and Decident sweet?

I certainly woudln't consider the learning curve steep, I think many have opinions and take a pride in their own craftsmanship. Really, it is as easy as counting drops (or adding up measurements).

The only splenda type sweetner I have used is sucralose in liquid form. I have not had any issues with it.

Yes, Decadent Vapours do have sweetness to them, the flavours are already balanced and not overpowering sweet.

For my money, Decadent Vapours are the best and easiest flavourings to use. TW is running a promo now for a DIY kit that contains premium liquid nic, bottles, VG or PG and 3 Decadent Vapour flavorings for $55. The liquid nic is 54MG and at 30ML, you will get far more than $55 worth of ready to vape e-juice out of it. It really depends on the strenght you mix. Every bottle of platinum ice (liquid nic) comes with a mixing/recipe guide. There is also a helpful video on the site when you open up the page for the DIY kit. It really shows how easy it is.

For my money, Decadent Vapours are the best and easiest flavourings to use. TW is running a promo now for a DIY kit that contains premium liquid nic, bottles, VG or PG and 3 Decadent Vapour flavorings for $55. The liquid nic is 54MG and at 30ML, you will get far more than $55 worth of ready to vape e-juice out of it. It really depends on the strenght you mix. Every bottle of platinum ice (liquid nic) comes with a mixing/recipe guide. There is also a helpful video on the site when you open up the page for the DIY kit. It really shows how easy it is.

I checked that kit out, mostly because I've never tried the Decadent Vapours flavorings and wouldn't mind giving them a spin, my only issue is the price isn't much of a discount over purchasing pre-made juice. As you said depending on the nic strength you mix to it will vary, but mixing to 24mg/ml you get about 80ml of juice for close to $60. So pretty close to retail prices.

Hey Kragax--I wish I could tell you there was an easy answer. unfortunately it really does come down to personal taste and experimentation.

I haven't tried the sweetners (yet)-may have to give that a try.

The VG is a bit sweeter than the PG. The Lorann flavorings are very concentrated and don't add much sweetness. I have not yet tried the capellas flavoring. Some of the flavour art flavorings are a bit sweet.

When mixing try to use small amounts. I usually experiment with about 1ml of base liquid and just a couple drops at a time of any flavoring, VG or PG. that way if I get a flavor I really don't like its not such a waste and I can usually vape it.

I just keep experimenting a little at a time until I get what I want. I have been mixing for several months and am just getting the hang of what I like and don't like.

it does get easier, I promise.

Yeah, the mechanics of it are fairly simple. I have syringes, graduated cylinders ect. I also have my nic base and 500ml of PG. The problem is getting flavoring that will be safe to vape and having the right amount of sweetness. I don't think it would be too healthy to vape Red Dye #5 for instance. Some Loranns use artificial colorings. I also want to make sure if I add a sweetner that its not going to cook my atty. The Tasty Vapor doublers look interesting I believe all you would have to do there is add you nic base until you get the strength your looking for. Like I said the mixing is the easy part. The right flavoring well, for me right now its a crap shoot. I don't want any coloring that is bad for you and I don't want to cook my equipment, but you can't expect commercial mixers to share thier recipies either. I just hate to spend a lot of money jumping from company to company. It's aggravating when everything takes a week to get here.

Edited by Kragax

I checked that kit out, mostly because I've never tried the Decadent Vapours flavorings and wouldn't mind giving them a spin, my only issue is the price isn't much of a discount over purchasing pre-made juice. As you said depending on the nic strength you mix to it will vary, but mixing to 24mg/ml you get about 80ml of juice for close to $60. So pretty close to retail prices.

I agree with the nic price, not that much of a savings (I think the unflavored 100MG at my freedom smokes is just as good). However, for $55 you get abit more than the nic. I do not buy the platinum ice anymore for cost reasons but I have enough Decadent vapors to fill up my swimming pool. =)

GDub,will you be at Sarge's meet? If so, I can bring some DV with me.

I agree with the nic price, not that much of a savings (I think the unflavored 100MG at my freedom smokes is just as good). However, for $55 you get abit more than the nic. I do not buy the platinum ice anymore for cost reasons but I have enough Decadent vapors to fill up my swimming pool. =)

GDub,will you be at Sarge's meet? If so, I can bring some DV with me.

Hmmm, I really hadn't planned on going because I have to travel out of town (just to Dallas) that week for work, but I'll run it by the wife and see if she's down. I'm not usually the most social person so I tend to ignore these events, but it never hurts meet some people with similar interests from my neck of the woods. Like I said I'll run it by the wife (after being gone all week long she may not appreciate me scheduling a weekend event) but I'll definitely give it a shot.

Yeah, the mechanics of it are fairly simple. I have syringes, graduated cylinders ect. I also have my nic base and 500ml of PG. The problem is getting flavoring that will be safe to vape and having the right amount of sweetness. I don't think it would be too healthy to vape Red Dye #5 for instance. Some Loranns use artificial colorings. I also want to make sure if I add a sweetner that its not going to cook my atty. The Tasty Vapor doublers look interesting I believe all you would have to do there is add you nic base until you get the strength your looking for. Like I said the mixing is the easy part. The right flavoring well, for me right now its a crap shoot. I don't want any coloring that is bad for you and I don't want to cook my equipment, but you can't expect commercial mixers to share thier recipies either. I just hate to spend a lot of money jumping from company to company. It's aggravating when everything takes a week to get here.

I found a few things around the forums. Have you tried an e liquid calculator? I also came across a list someone compiled as to the vapability of lorann flavorings. Good luck.

excel based : ejuce_calculatorv11.zip

online calc: http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

Lorann vape list: LorAnn Flavourings.pdf

ejuce_calculatorv11.zip

LorAnn Flavourings.pdf

Yes, I use the calulator. My issue was with the sweetness of the flavors as some were down right bitter. But that has been all figured out now thanks tot the help I got here.

After a lot of reading and investigation :detective: and help from you guys, I found what I was looking for. I got some flavorings and sweetner from Tasty Vapors and had at it. The issue with the Orange Cream was the flavor itself, not recommened for vaping, My Rasberry with some sweetners is pretty good, but the cinnimon is GREAT! Im a happy camper and have enough supplies to last me quite a while. Many thanks to Kitsune, ddavelarsen, GDub,and Burn and all the others for their help. This forum is great.

P.S. The sweetner is Sucralose several places handle it but Tasty Vapors sells it cheap.

Edited by Kragax

I was pondering the sweetness issue also and was wondering if anyone tried using a dash of artificial sweeteners such as nutrasweet or sacharine. I haven't looked into this at all and have no idea if it is safe for attys or if it would even work.

Anyone know?

Sugar is bad for the atomizer, the sucralose is recommended to be atty safe.

This explains what it is:

http://capellaflavordrops.com/capellasimplysweetconcentratedliquidsweetener.aspx

There are other suppliers as I said in above post. :shiftyninja:

I was pondering the sweetness issue also and was wondering if anyone tried using a dash of artificial sweeteners such as nutrasweet or sacharine. I haven't looked into this at all and have no idea if it is safe for attys or if it would even work.

Anyone know?

I don't know how comfortable I feel about using these sweeteners from a health and safety standpoint. Eating some of these sweeteners has shown to have negative health effects, let alone inhaling them...

edit: I wonder if ready made juices already have these in them. I don't like the idea.

Edited by haft2doit