Question About The Vape Cloud

Quick question. I was vaping at my desk yesterday with the delicious midnight, and my co-worker "who is a non-smoker" was saying that he was feeling the effects of the nicotine. Is this possible? The midnight I was vaping was 6mg of nicotine. If this is possible, then I don't think I will be allowed to vape in public.

Thanks,

Rob

Highly unlikely. There's always going to be one. That's why I try to be discrete when I vape in my office. If one person complains, that's the end of it. You should try vaping 0 nic and see if they still "feel" it.

There's another thread around here someone - exact same thing happened to someone else, turned out to be a very funny thread.

Found it:

Second Hand Vapor

Edited by Brian

Highly unlikely. There's always going to be one. That's why I try to be discrete when I vape in my office. If one person complains, that's the end of it. You should try vaping 0 nic and see if they still "feel" it.

There's another thread around here someone - exact same thing happened to someone else, turned out to be a very funny thread.

Found it:

Second Hand Vapor

Great. Sorry about starting up another thread. I should of used the search fuction first.

:whistle:

Could it be possible that the PG or VG could be drying the non-vaper out? I was vaping in a car with my buddy once and he made me crack the window. He guessed that PG was one of the ingredients and said that it was drying him out. I was pretty impressed by his guess as I did not mention anything about what was in the juice. He has taken PG in other medicines and knows the side effect.

Great. Sorry about starting up another thread. I should of used the search fuction first.

:whistle:

No - feel free to post any time! That was not my intention - just remembered someone else had a similar situation - thought you may be interested in reading it.

Edited by Brian

Horanld, that's really interesting. I have some friends that ask when I'm in there car, are you going to use that in my car? Like ya, it's not going to harm you, calm down!

ah yeah, just as a funny aside, a ran a little experiment after my little run in with a snotty nosed tattle tale. I have taken a few colleges into my confidence and have used my pv, at 26 mg/ml rather heavily in the office but out of sight. its weird not only have i gotten no complaints, i got thanked for not using it inside... experiment successful? maybe.

Sorry I missed this post earlier. With some people who are non-smokers, all they have to see is something that looks like smoke to them and they are having trouble breathing. It's just their way of keeping in control of others lives.

Glad your little test was a success.

Good luck and happy vaping.

you should see people at the mill i work at when i vape in the breakrrom its great my managers love it so they havent told me not to. plus everyone there chews so they cant tell me i cant have my form of nicotine

I doubt it but the person could be sensitive to PG. I would try to hold in the vapor a little longer before exhaling. Better than your buddy complaining to the HR department

I think this is sensible advice. While I don't advocate hiding vaping, neither do I believe in getting in anyone's face with it. The last thing we need is for HR depts to start banning vaping! We want them on our side, and any coworker tattle-tail could make that difficult or impossible. It could only take one complaint to end it for everyone in the company.

I'm sure fortunate in my work environment; no one around me has any problem at all with my vaping, even the VP whose office is right behind me. :) (I don't think he would deign to notice me vaping though - or doing much of anything else. :D) One attorney did a double-take one day, but then he remembered I'd talked to him about e cigs previously, and realized that was what I was doing. He did notice that there was no odor, and couldn't come up with a reasonable argument against vaping in the office at all. I could tell that disturbed him in some small way, I think because it looked like smoke, but at least he and most of the other people around here are rational. I am lucky, and I realize it.

The VP of HR for my company has vitited out plant many times. She's a light smoker and had no interest in quitting, but thought it was really cool that I had quit using it. On the other hand, her husband was a heavy smoker so she got him an ecig. Don't know how it's working out for him yet, but will ask the next time she's at the plant. Anyhow, after seeing me outside vaping she told me I could vape in my office. I still do it kinda discretely though because I know it only takes one person complaining and it's all over.

Good job Brian, I think you have one of the calm and persuasive personalities that gets people's confidence up. You should be a used car salesman! You'd get rich.

Seriously though, I agree about discretion. Since I'm so strong on the whole "there's nothing wrong with vaping" schtick I have a hard time hiding it. But I don't go blowing vapor in anyone's face, either. One thing though - when I'm hot boxing some LR atty to burn out the bad taste, I do it in my car. :D I bet people think it's on fire. he he!

Another coworker clued our boss in re vaping. I open the office early, so until the heard arrives I vape @ my desk... then off to the boys room! I know it is old school...but it is a tradition. So far no problems! Curiously, our boss is a off and on again smoker. When he is not smoking he can be a anti smoking natzi. Monty