Throat Hit: 3.7 Vs 6 Volts

is it just me or does everyone get a stronger throat hit when vaping at 3.7 volts?

sure at 6 volts the vapor is hotter, but not neccessarily stronger.

i just started vaping my VP1 1.0 & 2.0 and VP2 cuz im always frying my attys using my 'chuck'. im using the same 901 atty and the same awesome vapor marlboro 24mg juice and the hit is stronger at lower voltage. why is that? :o

Maybe your 6 volt device is burning up the juice, that would explain why the throat hit is coming in stronger at a lower voltage; the juice is preserved at lower voltage. I'm having much success at 7.4 volts with a 5.2 ohm 510 atomizer, and 6 volts with a 4.5 ohm atomizer. If combine a standard joye atty and 6 volts of power, it's almost as if i can feel 'positive pressure" in the atomizer chamber when I vape it. Its like it wants to shoot out of the chamber! As far as throat hit, I feel it more at higher volts with my atty combinations, i'm not burning up the juice though cuz i'm still keeping the wattage close to 10 watts.

What kind of batteries are you using? I've been using LiFePO4s in my SB and I've gone three weeks with the same 510 atty and no burning taste. According to the post below, the LiFePO4s only put out 5.18 volts under load. Not sure what size batt the Chuck uses, but it may be worth a try if they fit.

My link

is it just me or does everyone get a stronger throat hit when vaping at 3.7 volts?

i just started vaping my VP1 1.0 & 2.0 and VP2 cuz im always frying my attys using my 'chuck'. im using the same 901 atty and the same awesome vapor marlboro 24mg juice and the hit is stronger at lower voltage. why is that? :o

I'm using HV attys at 6V. Otherwise I think the juice actually liquifies and runs away from the atty. 3.7 with Cartos is nice. Love my low-res on the spade as well.

I received my P/T almost 2 weeks ago. It has been hard to put it down. I had to order an adapter for my car. Now begins the learning curve. So far, I smoked one atty, but it may have been on its way. I tried a h/v atty, still learning. Most concerned with overheating and blowing another atty, but I have back ups. Trying different flavors, not all holding up the same. I have noticed the marked difference between 3.7,4.2, and 5. All are good vaping. Oh, by the way I did order my Joker, can't wait, want to take the 5v portable! Further , my JB arrived Thursday... rocking it with 24mg RY4...Awesome...when I get it to work right. Holy crap I will be needing more juice! Monty

I received my P/T almost 2 weeks ago. It has been hard to put it down. I had to order an adapter for my car. Now begins the learning curve. So far, I smoked one atty, but it may have been on its way. I tried a h/v atty, still learning. Most concerned with overheating and blowing another atty, but I have back ups.

Have you tried a Joye 302 (801) on the VP/PT? That's all I use on my VP/PT and haven't lost one yet, but I don't use it full time, only in the evening and weekends. I use a 510 on everything else, but the 302 is just right on the PT.

Have you tried a Joye 302 (801) on the VP/PT? That's all I use on my VP/PT and haven't lost one yet, but I don't use it full time, only in the evening and weekends. I use a 510 on everything else, but the 302 is just right on the PT.

Brian, Ditto on that exactly. I love the 302's on the VPPT, all I've been using for months and months now on it.

I have noticed that too, with certain juices I get a better throat hit on 3.7. The tobacco flavors seem to give a better TH at 3.7. I've been vaping french pipe and vanilla, both juices on a Silver Bullet at 6v, and in my VP2. The french pipe definitely gives better throat hit on the VP2 vs the SB, and the vanilla gives better throat hit on the SB vs the VP2. Maybe since the tobaco juices are thinner, they don't get fried at the higher voltages, wheras the more fruity or sugary juices are a bit thicker, so they hold their original qualities better at higher voltage.