Noobie Hits His Stride!

amcnutt

Well it's almost day six for me and I feel great! That said I wanted to share with you the "level" I just hit today! You guys were all talking about pass throughs and extra batts. and attys. I'm thinking, man these guys are crazy! That said, I got some anyway :) (Takes a hit using his passthrough) Well, let me tell you, I am on drink three today and the desire for an analog has been (kinda) kicking in. (my wife caved and had 3 yesterday) This is the first time that I have really thought about lighting up since buying my 510. So (takes a drag.... thank goodness for the pass through) I have been sucking on this puppy constantly for the past hour and just had to fill the cart up again and this time it took 8 drops! Up until now the most I needed to fill it up again was 3 drops. ( Takes another drag, used to be upset that the light was blue instead of orange like an analog... now cares nothing about the light, which is good because there are no lights with the pass through.. did I mention I LOVE the pass through!) ( Note to self, buy some more attys in light of the New York crap!) So, just filled it up and have to admit that I would love some thicker vapor but totally love the taste (555) more than my old analog, but the reason I am writing this is to tell you all that I see what you all were talking about, and had I not listened to what you have said I would most likely be sucking on an analog and feeling guilty about it! FOR ALL MY HARD COME VAPORS AND FORUM ADVISOR'S PLEASE KEEP READING! So, (pause for a 10sec pull... is that bad for my atty?) I now know why I am writing this message, my brain, which I am sure is trying to trick me into smoking again, (I know you all know how rationalization works) is thinking, you have not had a real smoke in almost 6 days, you should try one to see if it's nasty, see what the differences are... (crap my wife has an analog!) Please, what do you say to my brain..... OH wait, she lit it, (I swear this is real time) that stinks.... wow, that really stinks, I'm good now, the desire is gone.... how can she smoke that? (takes a nice big drag (thank you passthrough) of his 555 and smiles, I think I am good now) You know I think typing this message saved me, thank you so much Vapor Talkers!!!!!!

PS, this is totally in real time and the smell of my wifes nasty analog truly saved me from pulling the trigger!

WAIT!!!! WOW, my wife and I just traded e-cigs (she is menthol and I am 555) and I found out that her atty is ROCKIN! It crackles when you hit it and makes a ton of vapor, mine is only 5 days old, should it already be dying?????

That was both inspiring and amusing :) Congrats on making it thru the craving, I can tell you that after 13 months there are still times I want to light up an analog, but they are very few and far between now. As soon as I smell one the craving goes away.

I totally relate to your feelings about the passthrough, I've only had mine 2 weeks and I can't believe I survived all this time without it!

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into the mind of amcnutt. :D I'm glad we could be here for you. It does help to get the thoughts out of your head and into written words. Now you need to thank your wife for saving you from smoking the analog. :)

WAIT!!!! WOW, my wife and I just traded e-cigs (she is menthol and I am 555) and I found out that her atty is ROCKIN! It crackles when you hit it and makes a ton of vapor, mine is only 5 days old, should it already be dying?????

It probably isn't dying, That happens with mine as well, you may have your atty too wet. If you are dripping, hook on the pass thru and vape on it till it tastes bad don't add drops, you should see the vapor get better just before that taste changes, If you are using carts, you may be over filled, use an empty cart with no filler and do the same thing as above.

Also My cravings for analogs went away when I stepped up to a higher nic content. I found Mg works good for me

It will happen occasionally, and there can be some triggers. It's been over four months for me, but I do still get a craving, but not often. Once I ate a piece of chocolate and OMG I had this feeling through my hole body telling me I HAD TO HAVE A CIGARETTE AND HAVE IT NOW. I hit my VP/PT hard for a bit and it went away. The other trigger for me, and everyone else I'm sure, is stress. There have been a few times at work when I wanted to smoke. Luckily I now have a SB at 6V (5.2V really) and it's good at killing cravings.

Edited by Brian

In the 6 months since I gave up analogs, there way only once - lately - that I thought about having one. Freaked me out! I'd been using 0 nic for quite some time, but still had some 12mg. I went and loaded up with the nic juice, calmed down immediately, and didn't think about an analog again. I seem to do really well at 0, but let some big stress pop up and go back to the nic for awhile.

I'm thrilled that writing to us helped get through your craving. That's just fantastic. Keep up the good work. It really does just keep getting better and better. And that dependable pass through can help a lot, huh?

AMCNutt, That indeed was a very enjoyable writeup.LOL, I have been without an analog for 10 days now. Everytime I seriously get a craving for one, I simply pick up Marissa(Long story, But she was a very good looking X girlfriend) and vape away. Im really hoping I get my Joye510 from Arno by tomorrow. I have seen that Ban going on in New York and Im just fuming over it. I wont get into my thoughts as I love this site and dont want to be banned.However, Im very certain that all of us are sharing these very thoughts.Keep your head up bro, this vaping stuff works and I really dig the Idea that I can smoke here in the basement as I type this and I am not harming my wife or kids in any way..Except for my son asking me what Im doing with a flashlight in my mouth all the time.LOL..Good times.

Great story...and an even better outcome.

I'm not sure how many have gone from analogs to e-cigs without a single craving, but I'll bet the number is really small.

There hasn't been one day out of my 100 that I didn't want an analog. The only thing that helps me is to vape a little harder (if that's possible) and turn to the forum where I know others are going through the same thing.

Glad you could hold out, and if you fail once in a while don't sweat it, we all go into this the hard way.

So, glad you like the pass through and keep holding on.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Thank you all for the great responses!! My craving passed at that moment and has not returned. I sucked my atty dry as advised (man was that nasty) and all seems to be well now! I re-read my post, sorry it was a little scatter brained!! Glad most of you got it! Vape on my friends, vape on!

Thank you all for the great responses!! My craving passed at that moment and has not returned. I sucked my atty dry as advised (man was that nasty) and all seems to be well now! I re-read my post, sorry it was a little scatter brained!! Glad most of you got it! Vape on my friends, vape on!

Hey...that's what this forum is all about as far as I can tell.

It's about helping each other and having fun doing it,

If it was all about ourselves we'd all have our own website and nothing would get done.

So good luck and happy vaping.

I absolutely loved the story. I could just visualize you sucking away on your passthrough. I think we have all been there at one point or another and another and another.

Thats why we are all here, and what makes this such a great place.

next time you flood the atty--try just pushing a corner of paper towel or kleenex and let sit for a couple minutes (you'll be amazed at how much liquid is in there). add just a couple drops to the atty and vape.

BTW--congrats on 6 days !!! I can guarantee that cigarette your wife had tastes as bad as it smells.

Absolutely felt I was there with you. It's been 34 days for me and the worst time for me is the morning, when I get up. I still look for the ashtray as soon as I pour my cup of coffee. Have to slap myself back to reality and grab the ol 510. That's when I really want the strong tobacco flavor with the higher nic. Guess I need to jump start myself and then I'm good for the rest of the day. When the urge hits, I think of when my sons come to visit and mention that the house smells so different...no stale cigarette smells. Must mean I smell a little better, too. By the way, it also helps to tell yourself you just won't smoke today...not forever; just today.

gypsyladee I know what you mean the morning with that first cup coffee is the worst part of the day for me as well I just grab my VP-PT and hit it a few times and the cravings all go away, it's been only 25 days for me and I know it will get better.

I have one thing going for me that others don't I am single so there is no one els living in the house and I refuse to buy analogs so there not around to tempt me.

My only concern at present is the ban in New York, I live in Illinois and I fear that it's only a matter of time before they get to us.