Better Stock Up

The postings are starting about the FDA and Customs starting to seize small e-cigg shipments from China and I suppose other countries to individual consumers.It will not be long until full fleged histeria sets in and you will not be able to find any attomisers in stock.There will no doubt be a run on high strength nic base as well.I have a feeling this is the year when "Big Tobacco" rides in to our rescue with a method for our protecters to gather the tax revenues they need to pay for all the new and proposed programs .Get ready for a long summer of drama.

The postings are starting about the FDA and Customs starting to seize small e-cigg shipments from China and I suppose other countries to individual consumers.It will not be long until full fleged histeria sets in and you will not be able to find any attomisers in stock.There will no doubt be a run on high strength nic base as well.I have a feeling this is the year when "Big Tobacco" rides in to our rescue with a method for our protecters to gather the tax revenues they need to pay for all the new and proposed programs .Get ready for a long summer of drama.

Ah, looks like my safety net may just get tested this year. Got about 25 spare atomizer (501 & 801) along with a lot of high strength nicotine base, but now I'm thinking maybe I need more...

Ah, looks like my safety net may just get tested this year. Got about 25 spare atomizer (501 & 801) along with a lot of high strength nicotine base, but now I'm thinking maybe I need more...

Not fair. I need time to figure out what combo I like best. But maybe get many packs of cartos and attys/batts. I'm luckier than most as I don't need nic, so I can always VG and flavor...

Last year we went through one of these spells ,I was using 801/302 low bridge only and you could never find any in stock .That is when I got my adapters to put 510's and 901's on my power gear.I figured it increased my chances of finding something on stock,and I made it through.

"I'm luckier than most as I don't need nic, so I can always VG and flavor" Roger that.I have been on no nic lately myself as I sorta expect that eventually we will get hosed.

I've been using a little bit of nic lately, but go for very long periods with no nic. I may stock up on the nic juice just a little bit more to make sure I have it if I need it, but I really wouldn't need too much to make it through for a very long time. I'm looking to really stock up on attys as I don't have nearly enough right now. I've been thinking 20 or 30 would be good, but now I'm thinking maybe twice that many. :o

Awwwww, thanks Brian. I do try, you know?

Well that's freaky. What in the world are these people thinking?! You'd thing the govt would want to keep tax payers alive if nothing else. Well, we've seen it coming for a long time, I guess it's time to get real. Thanks for the heads up mcquinn.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Dave for the most part vapers don't pay any tax ,some pay state sales tax .If you really like to spend large chunks of money like our goverenment you stick with the guys who are dumping trucks full of money in your coffers.These also will be in my opinion the ones the goverenment will allow to meet our vaping needs in the near future.Just my opinion,time will tell.

This is the stuff to believe, for true; govt's all about money. Always, when something govt is doing doesn't make sense, just follow the money and it will spring into clarity. Whether big tobacco will step in with a vaping alternative is an open question but I would be surprised if they didn't; there's too much money to be made. My concern with that is that they're going to limit nic strength to some ridiculous low level that will force me back to smoking anyway. The only good I can see coming out of US manufacture of vaping supplies would be good attys.

I am not so sure when it happens we will have the luxury of going back to analogs.Maybe cigars or pipes as those must not be as harmful or the taxes to discourage smoking would apply to them as well.I believe the details are being worked out somewhere and "big tobacco" will become "big vapor" the liberals will have won and the tax money will still be rolling in.Dave you are correct I believe in that nicotine will be closely metered out in the new products.As long as pipes and cigars get a free ride people can still find ways to harvest the nicotine and that I alluded to earlier will result in a bootleg society of underground activity.We are all just guessing and some of us are looking for wose case scenarios.So don't get mad ,keep it in perspective and do what you gotta do .

Amen, brother. I'm trying to find how to derive nicotine from tobacco. It's not a simple task, unfortunately. At least, not the way it's done for us today. Probably there will be a 'good enough' method at some point though. I'm always open to suggestions and sources of information. ;)

I am sure the information is out there.From what i hear you can find information to do about anything on the internet.Not that I would ever look :innocent: I did see a video of someone soaking Snus in PG and stuffing the soaked Snusbags in a pennstyle cart and getting vapor and by his claim nicotine from it.

Yeah, the snus thing is great for tobacco flavor, but doesn't get much nic at all. No need to inquire how I know. innocent.gif I'm wondering if one of those machines they use to derive essential oil from flowers and stuff would get nic out of tobacco. It would be a fairly expensive experiment, one I wouldn't try until I was about to run out of my inventory of actual nicotine.

I would guess you would need to soak tobacco in alcohol or water and then press or spin the lquid out ,filter it and that should have most of what you need in it.Dang it I don't even use the stuff anymore but you got me curiouse.I will get back if I find something usefull.

How to know how much nic you're getting is another story.

That is something I've been trying to look into and maybe someone here knows the answer. Are there any test kits out there so I can confirm nic content? I imagine since most people have no need for a test like this it most likely involves real laboratory equipment that just would not be financially viable for 99% of the people out there. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

I would guess you would need to soak tobacco in alcohol or water and then press or spin the lquid out ,filter it and that should have most of what you need in it.Dang it I don't even use the stuff anymore but you got me curiouse.I will get back if I find something usefull.

I'd be much obliged man. As far as testing for nic content goes, there is a way to do it that doesn't require a complete lab, but it is pretty involved, at least it would be for me. When I get a chance I'll try to find the thread where I saw this but I think it was in the ECF DIY Liquid forum.

I'd be much obliged man. As far as testing for nic content goes, there is a way to do it that doesn't require a complete lab, but it is pretty involved, at least it would be for me. When I get a chance I'll try to find the thread where I saw this but I think it was in the ECF DIY Liquid forum.

LOL, you're so right, I tend to forget ECF is out there... http://www.e-cigaret...aps-method.html

And it gives me an excuse to buy some sulfuric acid!

Edit: So after reading through the procedure a few times it really does seem simple and straightforward enough. I have the graduated cylinders so all I really need is some Bromothymol Blue and the .12n Sulfuric acid, but neither are expensive so that's easy enough. I really don't know how many times I'll need to do the test so maybe it's not really even worth the $8.00 I'll spend on supplies, but hey it's in the name of science. Everything is more fun when science is involved!

Edited by GDub

Oh man what I am finding so far makes me glad I don't use that stuff no more.I am not too sure I feel comfortable sharing the info I found ,but I will say it is way more involved than just soaking or boiling tobacco.That would give you a tobacco extract for flavor purposes the nicotine is a little bit trickier to get out.With the one method I read about I pictured in my mind Richard Pryor running down the street.I don't see any way so far that what we are vaping came from tobacco plants.Nicotine is in a lot of other plants it is a natural insecticide.

Edited by mcquinn

Of all the times for this to happen... I still need to stock up more! I can't do it all at once. I'm a trickle stocker lol. The thing that kills me, is the fact that I was 1/2 - 3/4 off nicotine.. yep, I was on my way to becoming zero nic altogether... and then I went and bought some 510 cartos to try and I ordered nicotine cartos...and I enjoyed the fact of non-refilling/dripping and couldn't stop puffing, and now I'm back on steady nicotine. This is so unfair. I need more time... as does 3/4's of the addicted to nicotine nation. I'm definitely writing all the senators in every state once I get a form letter. This so sucks.

Thanks GDub. This would be handy if we started having to derive our own nicotine somehow. Mcquinn I hope at some point to do enough research to find what you have. If you care to PM me any links that would be great. I'm not a lab person really, but I am in the habit of making my own stuff when necessary or desirable.

Uma, we're in the same boat. I think I'm just going to forgo paying something this month to get that final quantity that will get me to the two-year level. At that point it'll be time to start experimenting with making my own nic.

These bans are just crazy. We're fighting big money, and it's an uphill battle. But look to the open source software community for ways to win despite big money rolling everything it has against you. OSS is taking the world, because people can band together to achieve great things. We need not roll over and give up, regardless how it often feels that's the only alternative. Let's fight the good fight on all fronts.

These bans are just crazy. We're fighting big money, and it's an uphill battle. But look to the open source software community for ways to win despite big money rolling everything it has against you. OSS is taking the world, because people can band together to achieve great things. We need not roll over and give up, regardless how it often feels that's the only alternative. Let's fight the good fight on all fronts.

OSS is alive today because our community has high-powered lawyers like Eben Moglen organizing and lobbying for us. I hate to be a downer, but if ecigs are going to survive in America, we'd better find some lawyer advocates who are willing to spend a lot of time in DC lobbying congress and refuting the anti-addiction emotionalism with scientific fact and Constitutional precedent.

You can vaporize tobacco in an Iolite. That way you don't have to extract nicotine or smoke tobacco. You can use an Iolite for e-juice, tobacco, molasses, or pretty much anything you want that can be vaporized. I'm thinking about getting one for shortages or a ban.

Edited by Schizophretard