Is It Time To Upgrade?

elbell

I think this qualifies as a noobie question. I have only been vaping approx.6 mos. I do not know all the terms used and I don't know much about other units accept for using the Joye 510. I replace the atts as needed and have also bought a couple of the mega batts which last much longer and I like that. I drip my juice. I like vaping with the 510 but this is all I know. My mega batts are now starting to die out and I'm not sure if this wud be a good time to upgrade to something else or if I shud just get a couple of new 510 mega batts and stick with what I have and what I like? I read where a lot of people advance up to something bigger, better or just different and they rave about it but then other say they always go back to their favorite faithful 510. I do not have a lot of money to invest in an expensive one but I would be willing to advance up a bit since I'm going to have to put out money for new batteries anyway. Please, any thoughts and/or suggestions?!? :help::question:

Well you've got a couple off choices.

1. You can upgrade to something like the Janty eGo which has a 6 month warranty and batteries that last about 10 hours a piece. It also uses the 510 atomizer so you can stick with what you know and like.

2. Buy a couple more mega batteries which will save you quite a bit more money. :)

Other than that if your happy I see no real reason to upgrade to anything larger :thumbsup:

If you are just wanting to try something different maybe you could go with the kr808d-1. This one uses cartomizers and you can get an adapter to use it with your 510 attys as well. That way if you do not like it more it is not a total loss. If you are looking for something bigger than that I am sure someone will come along who will help you! I dont know too much about the bigger models :) Hope it helps a little

Nothing wrong with moving up but I would first make sure you have a good working backup in case the bigger and better doesn't work out or breaks. I gave up on the Janty stick and went back to the 510. I think my spade and indulgence are awesome, but if performance falls off I'll go back. It's the easiest, cheapest most dependable option out there (IMO).

Great advise! It seems to always come back to the ole faithful 510. It makes me wonder why I read where people are raving about so many other models? You wud think everyone wud just use the 510 especially when most of the others cost so much more. Hummm....?? Well thanks for the info on the longer life battery option w/the Janty eGo, I will check it out and I guess I will also go ahead and get a couple more of the 510 mega batts and stay with what I know & what I like. Thanks again! I absolutely love this forum and the people on here. I always get answers to my questions.

Of course you could just buy some more 510 attys, a regular 510 battery or two while you put in your ego order so you have a backup and an ego. Its tough to give advice without knowing details (how much to spend, do you need a longer battery life, more voltage, etc.). My point was make sure in case something happens you have a fallback so you don't have to go back to analogues as its really gross if you quit them for more than a week.

I really love my spade, perfect for portability and battery life with an extra battery in the pocket. 510 attys on that as well. Indulgence handles different attys including the 510 and is reasonable ($60) for the basic unit. Expandable to 6V.

Most people are upgrading for bettery battery life or higher voltage, but still continue to use the 510 atty. As far as I know, the 510 atty is considered the top atty by most. Some like the 801 or 901, but most seem to like the 510 best.

I have to agree with Chris. If you've been happy with your mega batts, the either more mega batts or an eGo would be the way to go.

Great advise! It seems to always come back to the ole faithful 510. It makes me wonder why I read where people are raving about so many other models? You wud think everyone wud just use the 510 especially when most of the others cost so much more. Hummm....?? Well thanks for the info on the longer life battery option w/the Janty eGo, I will check it out and I guess I will also go ahead and get a couple more of the 510 mega batts and stay with what I know & what I like. Thanks again! I absolutely love this forum and the people on here. I always get answers to my questions.

I think it's a mix of things. Some people get bored and want something different. Others just like one feature over the other. For example some members LOVE cartomizer models because they don't leak and don't have to be refilled as often. However others I hate them because they don't feel the throat hit or flavor is as strong. It's all preference really :)

I think it's a mix of things. Some people get bored and want something different. Others just like one feature over the other. For example some members LOVE cartomizer models because they don't leak and don't have to be refilled as often. However others I hate them because they don't feel the throat hit or flavor is as strong. It's all preference really :)

Oh! So there is a reason why I have seven differnt mods! Cool - I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. :unsure:

Some of the points I've noticed with bigger mods is that there are maintenance free models and devices that you might need to do a little work to keep them running. Of the maintenance free models, if anything malfunctions with them, you have to send them back for repairs. The types that are fully disassemble-able, then you have to get in there and do some cleaning about once a week to keep them running well. If you're the type who doesn't mind taking stuff apart to clean, then that might be the choice for you, otherwise, if that doesn't suit you, then go for the maintenance free type and keep a backup handy (such as your OEM 510 stuff) while you send yours off to get repaired.

It seems like the popular upgrade is the eGo. I'd have to agree, that's a sweet unit. Keep in mind that it's still a bigger version of your 510. You will still eventually have to replace the batteries, which are proprietary and they are more expensive than your 510 batts (standard or mega).

I personally prefer to use devices that allow you to be able to buy rechargeable batteries from online stores. The batteries are generally cheaper and have the same amount of charge cycles. When one starts to fade, you can buy another one for 5 or 6 bucks. All is needed is to get over the initial cost of the device itself.

There's certainly much to consider, then again there's nothing wrong with sticking to you 510 stuff. I actually went back to my 510 for a day or so because I was feeling a bit nostalgic. A 510 atomizer with a mega battery and a plastic drip tip is fun and convenient. My bigger mod is hard to use in public sometimes. It attracts attention, whereas a little 510 is easy to hide.

Good luck in your decision- hope you don't fall into "analysis-paralysis" mode like me on choices like this.

So many choices so little money...I know the feeling. The 510 is a great model, no doubt about it. It's the best small unit out there. So I would suggest that you have a spare battery or two, but if you want to try a longer lasting battery without spending a lot of money you could try what I did.

I ordered a Tornado battery from Totally Wicked and the quick usb charger and one atty cone. The whole order was only about $45.00 and since I already had several 510 attys I was ready to go. The Ego/Tornado battery lasts about 8 to 10 hrs for me and the quick usb charger has me recharged in less than 2 hrs. Also, if you don't want to use the usb charger you can just get the 510 extension adapter for the standard 510 charger for about $4.00 and it will still charge the ego/tornado and your regular 510 batts.

It's another way to go if you're interested.

Good luck on your choice and happy vaping.

Of course you could just buy some more 510 attys, a regular 510 battery or two while you put in your ego order so you have a backup and an ego. Its tough to give advice without knowing details (how much to spend, do you need a longer battery life, more voltage, etc.). My point was make sure in case something happens you have a fallback so you don't have to go back to analogues as its really gross if you quit them for more than a week.

I really love my spade, perfect for portability and battery life with an extra battery in the pocket. 510 attys on that as well. Indulgence handles different attys including the 510 and is reasonable ($60) for the basic unit. Expandable to 6V.

What is a spade like?

Would someone who direct drips still might like a cartomizer or typically just those who use a filled (filter type) cartridge. (I said I don't know the terms).

So many choices so little money...I know the feeling. The 510 is a great model, no doubt about it. It's the best small unit out there. So I would suggest that you have a spare battery or two, but if you want to try a longer lasting battery without spending a lot of money you could try what I did.

I ordered a Tornado battery from Totally Wicked and the quick usb charger and one atty cone. The whole order was only about $45.00 and since I already had several 510 attys I was ready to go. The Ego/Tornado battery lasts about 8 to 10 hrs for me and the quick usb charger has me recharged in less than 2 hrs. Also, if you don't want to use the usb charger you can just get the 510 extension adapter for the standard 510 charger for about $4.00 and it will still charge the ego/tornado and your regular 510 batts.

It's another way to go if you're interested.

Good luck on your choice and happy vaping.

Is the Janty eGo and the Tornado eGo the same thing and if not, whats the difference?

Tornado/eGo are the same. Janty has a six month warranty, not sure what TW offers.

You can now get cartomizers for the 510, so if you have a 510 you can use a carto without an adapter. I'm really enjoying them, but for me, they are for use when I can't drip... when I'm "on the go".

I have two Spades and love them. However, you probably won't get much more life on a battery than you're getting with a mega battery. Spade batteries are 360 mAh and I think the mega batts are 280 mAh.

What is a spade like?

I see Brian helped out on the spade...

http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/The-Spade-510-Ecig.html

Cartomizers give folks a long break between getting the fluid back out to recharge. So I think it is converting some of the drippers as they went to dripping not only for the flavor (I believe some say its better) but to avoid playing with carts all the time. Drawbacks to dripping is getting juiced once in a while and blowing out the occasionally flooded attys.

I didn't order the kit when I got the eGo either. I ordered 2 batteries, the cone, the adapter, and the USB charger. I can charge at the computer or with my regular charger. The eGo (or tornado) batteries cost about twice as much as the regualr batteries, but they last a lot longer. Where I was only getting 1 to 1 1/2 hours with the regular batteries, I'm getting 6 to 10 hours with the eGo batteries (depending on the amount of vaping I'm doing on any given day). The extra time is well worth the extra cost to me just so I don't have to change batteries so much...or have that many extra to carry with me when I'm away from home and can't charge. I've had my eGo batteries for 3 months now and they are still going strong, so they do last a decent amount of time. And I do give them a pretty good workout every single day.