18650 Battery Boxes/holders

SickDripzz

Anybody know a legit place to find these? I'm talking about anything that will fit an 18650 comfortably and is moddable.

Madvapes has a project box (out of stock at the moment), but it's not a battery box. You'd have to mod it (they also sell battery connections).

This is the one I'm waiting on. Don't know when it'll be back in stock.

18650 Box

They have quite a selection of battery boxes and project boxes so you may find something else you like. Madvapes is very reputable. I've placed several orders there for mod parts. Great selection of stuff.

Yeah I was checking out madvapes and just about everywhere I could find on the web that carries battery boxes/holders and those kinds of items. I also went off looking at flashlightsunlimited.com for anything that would be ideal for an 18650 mod.

That 18650 box you linked me was one of the only viable options I came accross other than making something thats truely homemade...

Edited by SickDripzz

I doubt if anyone makes a box that will fit 18650's without modification.That is an odd sized battery and most of those battery boxes are pretty generic.I keep thinking I would like to have two 18650's in parallel but when I start picturing the size I quickly forget it.The pipe bomb model I built with one battery is 5 inches long without atty or cart.But it sure do last a good long time.I wouldn't have built it but 3/4 copper pipe I have lots of .

I took a look at that one as well before, would rather wait on the longer project box than get moddy on a more square-like box. I would prefer the wiring and electrical componets to be inbetween the atomiser and battery, not parrallel with the battery.

As far as parts and equipment goes, Mad Vapes is the place. Nothing comes close from what I have seen so far.

I doubt if anyone makes a box that will fit 18650's without modification.That is an odd sized battery and most of those battery boxes are pretty generic.I keep thinking I would like to have two 18650's in parallel but when I start picturing the size I quickly forget it.The pipe bomb model I built with one battery is 5 inches long without atty or cart.But it sure do last a good long time.I wouldn't have built it but 3/4 copper pipe I have lots of .

I did consider buying copper/metal pipe but I was brought to a screeching halt when I realized I do not have the tools necessary to create a mod out of metal (I'm a college student, I'm barely getting by as it is... :hrhr:) Otherwise I'm sure that is one of the best options right there.

Edited by SickDripzz

This is the one I'm waiting on. Don't know when it'll be back in stock.

18650 Box

They have quite a selection of battery boxes and project boxes so you may find something else you like. Madvapes is very reputable. I've placed several orders there for mod parts. Great selection of stuff.

That looks ideal Brian. I'll try to keep an eye out but please let me know when you get yours and I'll snag a couple too. thumbsup.gif

I've been looking at this one. I'm too old to be trying to cram things into a little space.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hammond/1591LSBK/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsrGrAVj6eTveLsjJTOd8UPrhKlVvV9mt8%3d

I like that, but not sure about having to put screws in to keep it closed. Bookmarked - will definately think about that.

I like that, but not sure about having to put screws in to keep it closed. Bookmarked - will definately think about that.

Easily remedied,like Carlos' Juice Box. A quick vid to show (not the same box).

He overdid it though, you just need to run screws into the case (he used magnets there also) and put the magnets in the cap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tdB8jmr8g

I think my next mod will be over the top.I am considering one of the lithium ion cordless drivers ,there would be lots of room for the voltage regulator in that puppy.And it would fit in well with my pistola theme that I have going.

Edited by mcquinn

Sweet! Are those magnets something like what's on THIS PAGE?

Wow - don't know what happened there - I hit the post button and the screen scrolled up and down several times (somewhat frantically) then I saw McQuinns post then mine then mine again. Strange.

Edited by Brian

Sweet! Are those magnets something like what's on THIS PAGE?

Wow - don't know what happened there - I hit the post button and the screen scrolled up and down several times (somewhat frantically) then I saw McQuinns post then mine then mine again. Strange.

Uh Oh... there's a glitch in the Matrix. gun.gif

More of a 14500 thing, but check out the VM series boxes, in particular VM-24-AA.

Yes, the very one, with the boot. It'd be a little big, but that might leave room for, say, and auto-fill mechanism should I ever find a good tutorial on how that might work. I've gotten used to carrying Woodimus around, and this wouldn't be any worse than Woody is.

Yes, the very one, with the boot. It'd be a little big, but that might leave room for, say, and auto-fill mechanism should I ever find a good tutorial on how that might work. I've gotten used to carrying Woodimus around, and this wouldn't be any worse than Woody is.

A little big, but not too bad, not much bigger than a pack of 100mm analog cigarettes. I'm thinking of ysing the extra room for an easy access compartment for spare attys and such, I'm just trying to work out the easy access part. If done right, you shouldn't have to ever use a screwdriver to open the box.

A little big, but not too bad, not much bigger than a pack of 100mm analog cigarettes. I'm thinking of ysing the extra room for an easy access compartment for spare attys and such, I'm just trying to work out the easy access part. If done right, you shouldn't have to ever use a screwdriver to open the box.

Yeah, the magnet idea is a good one. Woody has a magnet to hold the back on, but it's not strong enough. I might go check Brian's magnet site to see if I can find a stronger one, and maybe do a little stocking up. ;)