Who Knew There Fda Drama In The Ecig World!

Greetings All!

(sorry, that was to be "Who knew there WAS fda drama..."

I am brand new to the forum, and brand new to ecigs (and in love btw).

I wanted to share my thoughts, my 2 cents... well maybe 5 cents.

I come to you from the land of autism and vaccine controversy

--let me say up front I refuse to discuss that here, here is not the place to tell me my opinions are wrong, this is not the place to debate it.

I just want to give you some background on my beef with the FDA and other gov't "regulatory" bodies.

There are lots of parents just like me who saw vaccine damage in our kids. We aren't dumb, we aren't crazy fringe people.

Most of us have clinical and lab evidence on our sides along with biological plausibility.

Vaccines carry risk, in our country we choose the "herd immunity" method, and even vaccine manufactures will acknowledge that sometimes people take one for the herd.

B/c of this we fight... the CDC, the FDA, big Pharma, etc. We want safer products, true informed consent, and a safer vaccine schedule/program.

Are we asking for too much. Apparently so.

I was surprised to learn that the FDA was trying to ban ecigs, but only for about 1 nanosecond.

Most of you are hitting the nail on the head. Money rules.

Who stands to lose? Tobacco Companies for one. THAT is a HUGE lobby in Washington... Big Pharma... probably the biggest lobby!

--As a smoker I don't want a patch or gum, I want something to put in my mouth and drag on. I am not even a big nicotine addict, heck, for my refills I ordered zero nicotine liquids. For me it was the hand to mouth habit. So, bye bye gum and patches and Chantix and Zyban.

Let's not forget the taxes on cigarettes that are paying for children health care in every single state. (more on that in a minute)

And of course, all the politicians take contributions from Tobacco and Pharma, and those directly in their pockets.

This is a tough group to go against. And right now, the ecig community is SMALL. --comparatively small. So the FDA is trying to strike RIGHT NOW while, essentially, no one is looking. But in the end, ecigs WILL WIN.

1. Vaccines are the sacred cow, I am not sure we will ever "win" --too many see them as essential and safe and necessary for survival. The vaccine battle that I fight will go on for decades.

2. Everyone knows cigarettes are HORRIBLE for you. They are "death hasteners" :) ANY product seen as a "safer" (not SAFE, safER) alternative will win out in the court of public opinion. (Though, as far as I am concerned these are safe) Ecig users MUST start educating all their family and friends and people we come into contact with about ecigs --Hell, I suppose I should get with the rest of you and STOP calling them "e cigs" and call them vaping devices.

--like I said, the FDA is moving quickly now b/c they don't think that enough people CARE!! Make sure they do! b/c the first thing my mom said when I told her about this was, "Of course they want to ban them, it's all about the money." The public at large needs to be educated.

Start SHAMING them. Ask them, "Why do you want me to stop breathing in water vapor and go back to burning cigarettes?"

Frame the question to point out how ridiculous they are being!

educate, educate, educate. I think this issue will hit its tipping point pretty quickly the more that everyone, smokers and non smokers understand just HOW this product compares to regular cigs... CAN someone make a comparison chart? List the % of "toxins" found in ecigs versus regular cigs? b/c that would be a hilariously lop-sided chart.

I could go on and on, but perhaps more of my thoughts and opinions will come out in the replies, so I will stop, b/c I am the queen of rambling, BUT...

I wanted to point out something that made me laugh --the whole anti-freeze thing...

Did you know that Antifreeze is in vaccines? Diethylene Glycol is in some childhood vaccines. Along with many other toxic substances and heavy metals.

I will keep this little nugget close to my heart and be sure to bring it up the next time I am telling off someone all up in my face about vaccines :)

--oh and my thought on taxes. I do think these should be regulated, to an extent --but I wonder about the "sin" taxes. If the FDA regulates this as a nicotine/tobacco product are they going to TAX the hell out of it... Will they find a reason to tax water vapor?

Edited by Jenny

Wow Jenn I'm glad you are on our side. :D You've become well informed in such a short amount of time. The vaping community can always use more members that are willing to stand up and fight for our rights. thumbsup.gif

Now that's a great way to enter into the forum. Welcome :D

I can't agree with you more. My wife and I just had our first child and we both faced some criticism when my wife wouldn't take the flu shot immediately while pregnant. It wasn't that she didn't want it but rather than her and I wanted a Thermasol free vaccine. (She did end up with the shot but only after finding a DR's office with single dose shots) Finding single dose shots vs. multi dose shots became quite a challenge. The amount of ethyl mercury inside some of these multi dose shots shots just gives me the chills. This of course all done in the name of money because single dose shots are just "to expensive". Our next challenge will be making sure the MMR shot isn't given all at once.

But your correct it is very sad but not surprising that a product with so much potential has so much against it. For years people joked "why can't they create a safer cigarette with all this technology we have" bam here we are. Now I'm not saying the electronic cigarette is safer, I can't, legally. But I do think common sense says this has to be better. I wouldn't say it's 100% safe but it's one heck of a start.

Anyway welcome to the forums, glad to have you here :)

Semi-new myself, but moreso just a dirty lurker for awhile.

Agreed with the ideas presented in this thread 100%. If money weren't such a giant factor, we wouldn't be struggling to get a healthier alternative in the clear. The sheer amounts of bad things pharmacology presents as "cures" or "preventative medicine" is flat out obscene. Makes me want to vomit listening to the side effects of the current "ask your doctor" drugs being presented on television, as well as any chantix commercial just flat out pisses me off, sure you *might* quit smoking, but then again you might hang yourself too! BUY CHANTIX!

I would put forth shame and guilt to any proponent of big tobacco, or pharmacology, even my aunt who swears by medication, despite their tendency to screw you up more than help, I've argued with her quite often regarding this in fact. It's just sad that people have to have the bad things happen to them, in order to believe that something may be wrong.

Anyways, sorry to be so depressing and pessimistically viewed, I just feel that until I have the billions of dollars to throw into those greedy fecks in congress' pocket, the desires of the actual citizens of the United States will continue to go ignored.

+1 Jenny and welcome! You're sure right about the Money; that's all govt is about, is money. They quit doing their sworn jobs decades ago, if they've ever done them. Anyway, I'm glad you're here and looking forward to hearing more from you. Vape on!

Stand back , Wow you just gave me the chills. As i stated to you in your indroduction post, thanks for helping with the cause and having more people like you (well informed) in our lil but rapidly growing community it will make it that much more dificult for bt and pharma to control this situation . i thank you first and formost for leting us in to your world and hope that together we all mkae this ban a minor bump in the road tword a better life. thanks jenny you rock

Welcome to Vapor Talk! Such an insightful post. You definitely hit the nail on the head; this is going to be a journey for sure, but hopefully one that ends with all of us being happy and 'healthier'.

Oh! Such a lovely welcome... Thank you! I am so used to getting yelled at, this was nice, lol.

Look what I saw today, I thought of you all right away!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/21/nicotine.vaccine.nicvax/index.html

It is so sad, but funny, but sad... I think it illustrates my points. If you wonder how much money vaccines can make for the manufactures,

Gardasil made $3 billion for Merck when it was approved for girls only... AND this wasn't a mandatory vaccine covered by insurance!

This of course all done in the name of money because single dose shots are just "to expensive". Our next challenge will be making sure the MMR shot isn't given all at once.

ugh. Good luck. MMR manufacture Merck stopped making the single shots... then said they would begin again, now they have said they will not.

SO currently no one is making the single shot.

If you would like some info on some books about vaccines and that suggest alternative vaccine schedule, and what you can do to avoid MMR, etc etc... then send me a private message and I will help you out as much I can. :)

... Makes me want to vomit listening to the side effects of the current "ask your doctor" drugs being presented on television, as well as any chantix commercial just flat out pisses me off, sure you *might* quit smoking, but then again you might hang yourself too! BUY CHANTIX!

ROFL, right??? all medicine should be risk vs. benefit. In the case of smoking vs Chantix, I suppose one could argue risk v. benefit, Chantix wins... you *might* hang yourself ;) but you probably WILL die from smoking. HOWEVER, in the risk v. benefit evaluation you have to consider OTHER options... Chantix vs. smoking vs. vaping.... there is an obvious winner.