Juice No Longer Has Good Flavor....

brian1g

Hey all, just noticed the last couple of days that juice just doesn't have the flavor it once did. I first noticed it about 2-3 weeks ago and it's really been bothering me. I'm not sure if its because my attys are a little older or if its the juice I'm using. I do tend to switch up my juice quite a bit throughout the day so maybe thats the problem.

I vaped tastyvapor atomic cinnacide and after that all other juices are pretty much flavorless. The cinnacide was super super strong (to the point of burning my eyes from the vape) and now everything is tasteless. The juices that would normally would be sweet are just muted and while I can tell what flavor they are it's just kinda yuck now.

My midnight has no sweet taste anymore :veryangry: . Right now I have a bunch of juice from stricklyejuice and its the same way, really crappy muted taste.

Anyone have something like this happen? the cinnacide and one of my menthols are the only juices that really have a flavor at all. Any help is appreciated.

Yes I think we've all had this happen a little. When vaping the taste is more from smell than anything else. After a while you just start to get used to it. An older atomizer can also cause problems. After a while an atomizer will just start to give off vapor with throat hit rather than actually giving off taste. If you've had your atomizer for more than 5 weeks it's time to get a new one.

I suggest using one flavor for a day or two THEN switch to another flavor. That way it's stops you from getting used to all your flavors at once. (Or creating a soup of flavors in your atomizer)

Wow, that's good advice Chris, thanks. I hadn't thought about the atty affecting that but of course it would.

I've had this happen when I vape the same flavor for a long time. I've lost the taste for my fave 555. I went off it for a week hoping I'd get it back, but still haven't yet. I'll continue vaping other stuff for another week and hope it gets better. So you see brian1g, this is normal. Don't fret, because your flavors will come back. I think a new atty and sticking to one for a while is a good idea. I'd sure never have thought of that.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I am going to boil all attys and put the older ones away for emergency vaping lol. I still have a couple of newer attys I'll try out after boiling them.

I'm just going to put away all but 2 bottles of juice and 2 attys to keep from talking myself into mixing too many flavors :innocent:

Thanks again for the advice, I sure appreciate it,

Brian

(Or creating a soup of flavors in your atomizer)

I drop of onion, one drop of carrots and one drop of celery.

When my attys start tasting funky a 2 minute flush of hot water usually does the trick. I find myself cleaning my atty every other day or so for maximal flavorness

It's funny how tastes differ, Cinnacide was too tame for me and I have added straight cinnamon oil to pep it up...

Some advice from my month or so at it:

1) dont even open another atty from its package until you are really ready to put the atty in the atty hospital, you want to keep them primed. If you have PG, unflavored or a bland juice, place a few drops on the retired atty and keep in zip lock bag.

2) exception to rule #1, I use 2 attys, one for powerful flavors like cinnacide and menthol and the other for everything that isnt too mellow.

Just my observations from my first month.

I find I lose the ability to tastes flavors the more I vape during the day. If I have vaped a lot during the day, I find my tongue is almost numb to flavors, unless its a good strong flavor.

Unless the flavors are really strong, I've never been able to taste them. But I have found that if I vape some straight VG for awhile, it removes the flavor from the atty and then I can switch to another flavor. That might work for me because I can't taste the flavors as well as other people, but it does work for me and might work for someone else, too. I only use one atty on my eGo, one atty on my Indulgence, and one on my VP/PT. I don't switch them out any more. I only change when one dies. That works the best for me.

I als have definatly noticed that if you change juices mid day it takes awhile for the "juice soup" effect to go away and have an new flavor come through. Even worse if you add different flavor juice to a cart whe refilling! ( I know most of you are saying why would the idiot do that!) Well I started with a prefilled cart, it ran low, I had to borrow a few drops of liquid....... blechhh!