Vaping Intake Vs Analog Intake?

miatafrank

I just started vaping this weekend, and Haven't thought about an analog cigarette since. I do notice howerver that it seems like I'm vaping more than I smoked, especially in front of the computer with the pass through handy. It might be the novelty of it, but I love this thing, and I feel like I must be hitting on it like a crack fiend......LOL

Did anyone else notice a similar experience in the begining? Does it taper off as you get used to the switch? Is it just me?

Of course it could just be that I'm starting this on a weekend that didn't have a lot of pressing things keeping me busy.

Oh yeah. Sitting in front of the computer with a pass through. Can't get much better than that, can it? And yes, I'd say that's pretty normal. Taper off? Ummm. Maybe not. At least not for me. I'm sure it's more habit than anything, but I do vape more when I'm sitting at the computer. Or watching t.v. But it's all good, right?

The newness does add to increased vaping. for the first couple weeks, my 510 didn't leave my hand. gradually I was able to put it down for short periods.

I still vape more than I smoked--but when I smoked, I would smoke a whole cigarette. with vaping I just take one draw wait a bit and then another and so on.

I figured I vape about 1 -1.5 ml of liquid which is 18-27 mg (still less than when I smoked).

Yes, definitely noticed this as well. I've been vaping for a couple of months now and there were times when I had a constant plume coming from my head. I finally started leaving the rig in the car at work so I had to take a break to vape, like with analogs. At home though it's a different story.

Same for me! It's day one and I have been vaping and web surfing vaping related things for a good portion of my day! I am sure it will taper off some, but I am going to have to get some 0 nic juice soon!!

There was a study a while ago that stated you're getting 1/3-1/2 the amount of nicotine each drag off an E-Cig compared to an analog. So that would mean you would have to vape 2 or 3 times longer to get the same level as before. It may also seem like that since when people would smoke, they would finish their analog in 5-10 minutes; where as when you're taking puffs from an E-Cig you're not constantly hitting it due to it heating up and various other factors. So while you may be spending more 'time' using the device, you may actually be using it less comparatively.

That's not to say people don't use E-Cigs more, I'm just pointing a couple of different ideas as to why it may seem like that. I couldn't chain smoke before because the chemicals would start to get to me. Now I don't experience the negatives so it's easier for me to vape all day : )

I made sure I followed my smoking regimen (once an hour going outside) until I started cutting the nicotine down. But I really have to think that while its not good for you, you will know if you are really getting too much.

I made sure I followed my smoking regimen (once an hour going outside) until I started cutting the nicotine down. But I really have to think that while its not good for you, you will know if you are really getting too much.

What I miss most about smoking analogs is my routiene outside 10 minute chillouts. Ah... how I loved taking that short livable break to get a grasp on things.

@miatafrank I definately find myself spending more time vaping than I did smoking cigarettes. At first I vaped a good amount but not an excessive amount, I now vape more than ever. With the subtraction of smoke breaks, I find myself constantly with a PV in hand. Unless you smoked indoors, this will most likely add to your time spent vaping.

I have been vapeing a couple months now, and I have about O.D.'d on nicotine a few times! I have ordered and use some low nicotine juices so when I find myself drooling all over myself in the fetal position, i switch to the low juice :on2long: