Expert 510 Help

ggringa3

New to this whole situation:

Ok, I keep reading all about how everyone loves their e-cig and how wonderful the vapor is, but I'm just not feeling it. I have the Expert 510, and it just seems to me that I'm not getting what I need. Is this not the right one for me, should I buy one of those cartomizers, what? I do know that my atomizer starts to get real hot after a couple of hits. Would somebody please help me!!!

Vaping is simply not smoking.You are inhaling vapor so it will never have the body to it that tobacco smoke has.The main thing is onceyou accept that you find pleasing flavor that you look forward to and that you find a nicotine level that meets your needs.Liquids with higher VG levels produce bigger clouds of vapor for the eye ccandy effect.Draw slowly and as long as you can and get a big mouthfull of vapor before you inhale slowly .It takes a while to get a style worked out so just hang in there.In my opinion they all are capable of delivering the goods and you could go broke trying to find the perfect PV.

Hi ggringa,

I know it can be frustrating if your e-cig isn't producing like you want it to. It still happens to me at times. The advice that helped me out the most when I first started was to not vape the e-cig like I used to smoke a cigarette. Take long slow drags, kinda like sipping a milk shake through a straw. I f you are taking a lot of quick drags the atty will heat up fast.

Are you using the pre-filled cartridges? Is it just the amount of vapor that's lacking, or do you not get a throat hit also?

If you could give us more info we might be able to help out further. :)

Hi ggringa,

I know it can be frustrating if your e-cig isn't producing like you want it to. It still happens to me at times. The advice that helped me out the most when I first started was to not vape the e-cig like I used to smoke a cigarette. Take long slow drags, kinda like sipping a milk shake through a straw. I f you are taking a lot of quick drags the atty will heat up fast.

Are you using the pre-filled cartridges? Is it just the amount of vapor that's lacking, or do you not get a throat hit also?

If you could give us more info we might be able to help out further. :)

I take long drags, and yes, my package came with the pre-filled cartridges, but I have been refilling them. The amount of vapor I get is fine. I was thinking that maybe the flavor (Camel) that it came with is the problem since I'm used to Marlboro. I don't know.

I have never liked the flavor of the pre-filled cartridges. I have a friend who just started vaping and she loves the pre-filled carts. It's a personal preference. You won't be able to find a juice that has the exact same flavor as a Marlboro, but there are some very good tobacco flavored e-juices out there. Part of the fun with vaping is trying out new juices. :)

I take long drags, and yes, my package came with the pre-filled cartridges, but I have been refilling them. The amount of vapor I get is fine. I was thinking that maybe the flavor (Camel) that it came with is the problem since I'm used to Marlboro. I don't know.

I had to try several different flavors and strengths of juice before I found one that satisfied my cigarette cravings. I really liked the menthol from awesomevapor @ 36mg. The 36mg may be a little strong but it worked well for me coming off of menthol analogs.

I have yet to try a juice that even comes close to the same flavor as an analog. It may help if you up the nicotine a little and just know that not many juices come close to the taste of an analog.

So basically I would say to try out dripping a couple drops of higher nic juice directly onto the atty and take longer drags. I really started enjoying vaping when I ordered juice from the vt store, it's really good stuff.

hi , fellow vaporer . ok so from what i read i think that you are not getting that itch scratched, i too felt/feel like that, but it helps to find 2 or 3 different flavors that you like and switch them around when you get those cravings , kinda like trickin your mind in to thinkin thats what i wanted. thats been working for me , i too was a red's smoker and i find that coconut, popcorn, and menthol are my go to juices. hope this helpped you a bit. as for the marlboro flavor , lol let me know when you find one simular that is my undieing quest aswell lol

i have tended to lean towards avejuice.com -gamel, boba, blends myself

I've heard that the boba's bounty is very close to a burning analog cigarette, but I haven't actually tried it myself.

For me, the closest thing I've ever tasted to a burning analog is "Kent's" flavor from WordUpEcig in a cartomizer at 5v. A dead-ringer for a real burning cigarette. In a regular 510 atomizer, it's much different. But, by the time I had found this combination I'd been off analogs long enough that they taste and smell horrible to me now, and I could barely choke-down more than just a few toots. I let my wife try it (who is still smoking) and she said "that's a real cigarette... it's not my marlboro lights, but it's a dang cigarette".

This is a pretty specific combination that most folks won't have the equipment for at any particular time, but it's just to show that flavors and combinations of equipment can make a huge difference in the outcome.

The day I accepted that vaping was vaping and would never taste like analogs is the day I started believing I could kick the nicotine habit.I had a PV for my two nights in the hospital but I did not use it as much as I thought I would.

I agree. Learning how to draw and get that perfect amount of intake takes a few tries and getting use to. When I first started using my 510 I used to flood it all the time and draw to hard and get juice on my lips, but after a while I got the hang of it. There is a small learning curve when it comes to using and E-cig. but in the end the pay off is worth it!

The 510 batts to get a bit hot after a couple draws and need to cool down a bit in between. sometimes I run two and alternate, when I am vaping alot.

What strength are you using?? may need to increase the strength. liquid strength and how much we smoked does not always go hand in hand.

definitely need to try some new flavors--alternating really does seem to help. 5 ml sample bottles are great for trying strength and flavor.