Low Resistance Attys Are A Bad Idea

Mark

I only say this because now I'm spoiled. I don't think I can go back to a regular 510 attys. I gave my wife one to try and now she has taken my stock of them. (that's ok---she goes to bed earlier than me...I'll get them back) :innocent: . The vapor production and throat hit are fantastic on the low res, I just need to see what the life span is. Thats all for now--I'll continue lurking on the forum now. :shiftyninja:

I think your right. I just got some 510 cartomizers which I think have a lower resistance atty. I notice quite a difference and now I just have to have the attys your talking about with one of those t tip things. I will then be all set in the vaping department. I do enjoy my high voltage homemade creations but I do prefer a standard battery, especially when I can get so much vapor and throught hit.

I fell in love with my LR 510 atty, too, but it died on me today. After only 3 days. I opened the second one and am using it now. I'm really hoping it was just fluke because I'm really liking these things. Especially with the drip tips. Just plain awesome! Next on my list is trying the cartomizers. :dribble:

Im hearing great things about these lr 510's

Anyone know what is the metallurgy makeup of the element? I dont waht to start a rave but tungston's what the stock one (Should be made of), other then that only thing thats less resistant is brass or copper , both cause harmful vapor's. just a public announcement

they could also just have 2 elements inside which would create a lower resistance and more heat but other than that i never have understood how the low and high res attys work because normally with electricity more resistance more heat that is why a lightbulb filament is so tiny it gives it alot more resistance unless the attys just use larger leads on the inside or just copper leads instead of tin which would give the lower resistance im not sure i suppose if anyone had a blown one they could send me to disect so i can figure out how they do it lol

Most likely it is the turns in the atty coil. More turns = more resistance, less turns = less resistance. Remeber its all about the watts. More wattage = more heat, much like a light bulb. The equation for determining watts is W=E2/R ( W=watts, E=volts, R=Ohms) so the lower the resistance (ohms) the higher the wattage.

I think your right. I just got some 510 cartomizers which I think have a lower resistance atty.

Huh? Where did you get LR carto's? I know Drew @ Nhaler is working on HV carto's, but haven't heard of a LR carto. Please, tell more. :thumbsup:

Man Mark, you had me going there for a minute. So many people have given up on them I was beginning to think I'm the only one still sold. My first one lasted a couple weeks until I (foolishly) tried it on the PT in my car, which popped it almost immediately. :) The next one died in about a week. The one I'm on now has about three weeks going so far, and so far so good.

Many people complain about the nasty taste they can build up. And that's true. The way I get around that is to do a kind of hybrid dry burn, where I pull drags on the thing while it heats up and createshuge clouds of vapor. When it gets really hot I drop the switch and continue dragging the rest of the vapor out, and then let it cool for a few minutes. I repeat that process four or five times until there's very little vapor being created. When I re-drip it, it's a massive hit again with full flavor again. I'm sure this must reduce its life, but the current one is holding out well so far.

Well the Princess has been very busy and has not really followed this new fangled atty. Please tell me more, can I use it on any battery or is it just for high voltage?

iiam.gif

It's actually intended for 3.7V, and truly does provide a simulation of vaping at high voltage. Since I got mine I haven't used anything else; it's back to my trusty VP2. But there's some evidence that they do not have as long a life as regular 510s, and there's been some dissatisfaction with that. Also, they tend to 'burn' (?) the liquid and can acquire a truly nasty flavor that has to be dealt with in some way. This too has caused some users to abandon them. Like everything else we use, it has tradeoffs. For me it's wonderful and I'm willing to accept the tradeoffs for the fantastic hit they give. But that's just me. ;)

It's actually intended for 3.7V, and truly does provide a simulation of vaping at high voltage. Since I got mine I haven't used anything else; it's back to my trusty VP2. But there's some evidence that they do not have as long a life as regular 510s, and there's been some dissatisfaction with that. Also, they tend to 'burn' (?) the liquid and can acquire a truly nasty flavor that has to be dealt with in some way. This too has caused some users to abandon them. Like everything else we use, it has tradeoffs. For me it's wonderful and I'm willing to accept the tradeoffs for the fantastic hit they give. But that's just me. wink.gif

Thanks dDave, this info has humbled yet enlightened the Princess and I may very well need purchase a couple to experiment with. Currently use my Spade and VP2 and switch to regular 901 battery occasionally. I have adapters to make them all take the 510. Hmmm, I feel the old credit card slipping out o' my pouch now.

unworthy.gif You have been Knighted by the Princess for sharing this with her royalness.

Huh? Where did you get LR carto's? I know Drew @ Nhaler is working on HV carto's, but haven't heard of a LR carto. Please, tell more. :thumbsup:

I believe that's what the newer 'Premiums' are. From a bit over 3Ω they have gone to a bit under. Seems like soft one piece end caps (not glued) are also the new deal.

The Boge 510 cartos (full size) come in at about 2.7Ω.

Edited by WillBlack

I believe that's what the newer 'Premiums' are. From a bit over 3Ω they have gone to a bit under. Seems like soft one piece end caps (not glued) are also the new deal.

The Boge 510 cartos (full size) come in at about 2.7Ω.

Wow, cool ohm symbol! How'd you do that? thumbsup.gif

And more importantly, where does one find LR cartos? Dang, I just ordered non-'premium' cartos! Sigh.

Wow, cool ohm symbol! How'd you do that? thumbsup.gif

And more importantly, where does one find LR cartos? Dang, I just ordered non-'premium' cartos! Sigh.

The 510 cartos you ordered are about 2.8 so you're good to go.

I think the "premium" cartos is in reference to the new KR808 cartos.