New Cart Design Needed

I wanted to see if anyone would like to see a long lasting refillable cart with no filler. I love to use carts but there is a lot of fussing around to get them to work right. Has anyone thought to make a more long lasting metal cart that you just fill with fluid (no filler) then at the base is just a mesh similar to that of the atomizer. No filler no problems with wicking just a metal tube with a liquid reservoir and some permanent mesh to transfer liquid to the atty. Something along the lines of the auto drip mod but designed specifically for it.

You may want to look at the T Tip from super T. It's a little pricey but works great. Your able to direct drip right through the top. I use one all the time :)

http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id72.html

I use the older style but it still works great.

The closest thing we have right now are the Zero-Cart-Filler mods. Although not manufactured or endorsed by any e-cig company, they seem to work very well for many people (I can't personally attest to this b/c I don't have them).

The principle is very simple, and so is the construction. Check it out here: http://stealthvapor.webs.com/apps/webstore/

For me though, until some major breakthrough is found (which is supposedly in the works at Janty) I'm very happy using the 510 cartomizers.

Edited by Brandon

The closest thing we have right now are the Zero-Cart-Filler mods. Although not manufactured or endorsed by any e-cig company, they seem to work very well for many people (I can't personally attest to this b/c I don't have them).

The principle is very simple, and so is the construction. Check it out here: http://stealthvapor..../apps/webstore/

For me though, until some major breakthrough is found (which is supposedly in the works at Janty) I'm very happy using the 510 cartomizers.

I forgot about cartomizers. I may need to grab a few of those. Wonder what sort of life span the attys have? I assume less than a normal 510. Thanks.

I forgot about cartomizers. I may need to grab a few of those. Wonder what sort of life span the attys have? I assume less than a normal 510. Thanks.

Right, cartomizers are meant to be disposable. You can refill them a number of times, I filled one of mine 5 times before throwing it away. But I wouldn't push it to more than 5, and I'll probably settle around 4 times for peace of mind. It's possible that the juice in there could foul up if you try refilling too many times, which is a definite turn off.

Cartomizers have their benefits and also disadvantages. They're not for everyone, but for me they're perfect. The flavor from a cartomizer is out of this world, and for me that's the most important thing with vapor production a close 2nd and throat hit a distant 3rd.

So overall, the cartos aren't as cost effective as a normal atomizer. But if you don't mind the extra money pinch, they could be your main atty. And until I find something different, they're my go-to atty.

Edited by Brandon

I just recieved some 510 cartomizers from Vapor Kings. I like these alot but am also going to try out the t-tips. I mainly drip so the t-tips might be for me but I really like these carto's. The draw is easy and the vapor and throught hit are right there. I did have a hard time popping of the endcap and fueling up. Is there a better way to do this? I can't just fill through the hole can I? Mabey with a syringe I can. Just wondering how other people do it. Definately like these and his tobacco flavors are really good also.

I just recieved some 510 cartomizers from Vapor Kings. I did have a hard time popping of the endcap and fueling up. Is there a better way to do this? I can't just fill through the hole can I? Mabey with a syringe I can.

Fantastic news Mike! Glad you decided to try them and super glad you like them too. I've been hijacking threads too often lately, so in regards to refilling methods I'll just post a link to some discussions on refilling these 510 cartos instead: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4870-510-cartomizers/page__st__24

It sounds like I'm not doing it the most effective way, so Cmdryker probably has the best method. I've only tried to pop off the end cap once (and this was when I was dissecting one that I was about to throw away). It came out in pieces for me, so I'll not try that method. The condom-filling method seems to work good for me, but I've not tried the syringe or dripping through the hole.

I haven't read where any of you have used the Joye 306,from what I am hearing you say about cartomisers they would be very similar except the 306's are going to be easier to refill/top off ,and you can dip them.The 306's would fit your 510 power gear if you want to experimant.

Fantastic news Mike! Glad you decided to try them and super glad you like them too. I've been hijacking threads too often lately, so in regards to refilling methods I'll just post a link to some discussions on refilling these 510 cartos instead: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4870-510-cartomizers/page__st__24

It sounds like I'm not doing it the most effective way, so Cmdryker probably has the best method. I've only tried to pop off the end cap once (and this was when I was dissecting one that I was about to throw away). It came out in pieces for me, so I'll not try that method. The condom-filling method seems to work good for me, but I've not tried the syringe or dripping through the hole.

Hi guys

I haven't tried this myself(yet)but I've read that if you dip the mouthpiece end

of the cartos in boiling water for a few secs.the hard plastic cap will pop right off.

Apparently it melts the glue just enough.I'll find out next week for sure since I plan

to order some of these 510 cartos later this afternoon. :rolleyes:

I haven't read where any of you have used the Joye 306,from what I am hearing you say about cartomisers they would be very similar except the 306's are going to be easier to refill/top off ,and you can dip them.The 306's would fit your 510 power gear if you want to experimant.

The 306 doesn't compare to the carto when it comes to longevity. I have taken my 510 carto to work and its lasted me all day with consistent vapor. There is no way my 306 would last that long without filling a few times.

That being said, I do like my 306 for dripping, it produces some good vapor. Since it has an exposed atty, I have to be more careful when dripping.

The 306 doesn't compare to the carto when it comes to longevity. I have taken my 510 carto to work and its lasted me all day with consistent vapor. There is no way my 306 would last that long without filling a few times.

That being said, I do like my 306 for dripping, it produces some good vapor. Since it has an exposed atty, I have to be more careful when dripping.

Still have a couple 306 attys from my first kit. Good backups. I agree they are great for dripping. Never got a cart to work at all with them. I have to say they produce more and thicker vapor than my 510. Mcquinn are you talking about a 306 cartomizer? Haven't heard anything about that.

No,just the Joye 306 after you start prying carto's open and refilling them it appeared to me to resemble the 306 but a lot more difficult.

Perhaps we need to just rethink the whole thing.It doesn't have to be 3.7 ,5 or 6 volts it could be 110 volts the thing is to find the right temperature to vaporise the liquid .So a person could have a little chamber hooked to a piece of tubing to a pipe tip,the chamber would need access to drip liquid in and for air to replace the vapor when you evacuate it.An easy heating element would be 5 to 15 watt night light bulbs and these should last quite a while as they are twice removed from the liquid.This could be put into a housing that would resemble the elusive "Hookah" so many people are looking for or get artistic.Being 110 volts and low wattage it would not cost a lot to leave it hot in standby and if the chamber did not have much mass it would heat up quickly after it has been off.Most of us are sitting around the house more than 75% of the time we are vaping anyway.

Edited by mcquinn