E-Cig Imports Banned?

Does anyone know if this is for real? Article was posted on 4/1 so I hopes its a joke. If it is for real though this is going to suck. I hope everyone is stocked up on juice and atomizers.

http://www.pr-inside.com/e-cigarette-imports-banned-indefinitely-r1811226.htm

Holy Shnit, its trully happening , they E-cigg's are banned in New jersey in non smokeing area's (a.k.a) EVERYWHERE now , **** another reason for these Nice Gentlemen of the law to pick on US. What happened to United States of (AMERICA) ?????? Seems like everyone forgot about that.... P.s Its just a Minor setback i can and will continue to Vape . i can and will continue make my mod's.

It's very real and has been. The truth is electronic cigarettes have always had an important ban. People really don't respect the amount of money suppliers loose to custom seizures. Even though Judge Leon ruled against the FDA they still continue week after week seizing product like no ones business. I suppose the law only applies to the citizens...

People often ask why are suppliers out of stock? It isn't an easy business and there is much much more that goes on behind the scenes than you'd imagine. Just be glad we're fighting these guys till the end.

Hey Chris i hear you man,

it's gonna start a prohabition all over again , with people having to be discrete about vaping like its a horabble mind altering drug. i really feel they dont have our best interest at hand, but are blinded by there greed and fueled by there ever growing quest to keep us controled like little robots,

As for the supplier's i can agree it sucks to have customs seize cargo, lol i've been through that. but thats another 50 buck's. p.s hope all is going good with the child birth situation..

I've often wondered about product seizures. I guess it's true. Let me just say Thank You to our intrepid suppliers who face these ridiculous constraints on their businesses. Let's all keep up the good fight.

Okay, so if I'm understanding it correctly then this is just about as bad as it can get (besides making them illegal to posses). Someone please clarify if I'm getting the picture here.

The importation of juice and parts are banned indefinitely. Meaning all of our vendors, when they run out of something, won't be able to get anymore. They go out of business due to not being able to replenish their stock, and we start going macgyver-style to keep what parts we have left in our house operating.

So at this point the best we can hope for is that the FDA decides to allow PVs under restriction and regulation. Meaning tax tax tax, and fewer choices. Which will take them a year or more to finally decide, and by that time many vapers will have already had to switch back to analogs.

Am I getting this correct?

I haven't been able to find any information on this in any of the normak news outlets. So far as the people Iv talked to it's business as usual. I dunno.

Well I can say if this is real they are not enforcing it yet. This supposedly went into effect on 4/1 but yet I had 200ml of e-juice get through customs on 4/5 that I ordered from EastMall. So if the imports are in fact banned, customs is not doing a good job upholding the law.

OK folks, My understanding is that this guy (public interest law professor John Banzhaf of Action on Smoking and Health (ASH), ) is a real PR hound and will put out press releases just to see his name in print. While we do have a fight on our hands, all is NOT lost. We just need to remain vigilant and respond thoughtfully and maturely to the things this guy is putting out. ASH is located in DC (I was right across the street from his building on monday. If I'm in the area again, I might have to drop in and talk with mr. Banzhaf. In the meantime I'm just gonna get all of my ducks in a row---

Thanks Mark.

There's a pretty lengthy thread over on the ECF about this, but I just haven't had time to read through all of it (work is actually very busy lately).

But to be safe, I placed some fairly large orders during my lunch break :(

I hate to feed in to mass-hysteria, and I wasn't one of the folks that lined up at the gas station right after the NY bombing. But this was stuff I needed anyway, so I just kinda doubled the orders in size from what I would have normally got.

And speaking of which, Vapor Kings has the 510 cartos in stock. I had to call them to increase the maximum order size that the web would let me, but they were cool with it, and it only took like 60 seconds on the phone (normal max is 5 packs of them, but they increased to 10 for me; it may still be like that now if anyone wants to stock up while they're still available).

And speaking of which, Vapor Kings has the 510 cartos in stock. I had to call them to increase the maximum order size that the web would let me, but they were cool with it, and it only took like 60 seconds on the phone (normal max is 5 packs of them, but they increased to 10 for me; it may still be like that now if anyone wants to stock up while they're still available).

I haven't even received them yet (should be soon) but with my luck they will arrive with the indulgence after I leave for my trip. I'm waiting to see how everything works before committing to more purchases. I have a lot of equipment still. I'm taking a small arsenal with me on the trip.

Got my 510 cato's from Vapor Kings today... 3 packs. I think I'm going to have to get yet another "bigger box" for my stuff. I think ddaves got the right idea - I'm going to start buying nicotine just in case. I've probably got enough hardware to last at least a year already. Just need to make sure I have plenty of nic. Heck, a few more atty's won't kill me either. ;)

Here's the deal the news link is a PR statement. But this is nothing new and the new judgment is correct. One of the members here mentioned they haven't heard anything from any of the new suppliers. This is usually how it goes

1. New supplier starts and is happy

2. New supplier has no problem getting stuff in

3. New supplier gets bigger and customs starts to take notice

4. New supplier runs out of stock and stays out for a long time

5. Customers start to treat new supplier like crap because "he doesn't know hot to run a business"

Fork in the road.

Option A: New supplier closes shop

Option B: New supplier gets smarter

So don't be surprised if you see new suppliers popping up left and right. This doesn't mean all is great it just means they don't need large shipments in. As they grow they will face the same issues.

Vapor Talk has already had a few shipments seized (something we don't advertise) but we keep moving on. But I suspect everything will be back running full speed mid April. Just because everything looks fine doesn't mean it is. Suppliers keep most of the issues rapped up and behind the scenes.

@Chris - that also goes a long way to explain why some suppliers may sell supplies for somewhat lower prices. They haven't yet had to cover the cost of a seized shipment. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

@Chris - that also goes a long way to explain why some suppliers may sell supplies for somewhat lower prices. They haven't yet had to cover the cost of a seized shipment. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Bingo! That's exactly the reason why. Most suppliers that sell cheap usually are pretty new. Older suppliers normally have much higher prices. We try to find a happy medium as best we can. :)