Question For You Modder's

Rhavage

I've been trolling a lot of different forums on making mods and it has gotten me to want to revisit my shop class days of old. (And also get a device that I don't have to charge every 1 1/2-2 hours *glares at 901 battery charging*)

My question is where do you solder the wires to the 901 battery connector?

I've seen plenty of info on soldering 510 connector's but nothing on 901's. I assume it's pretty much the same isn't it?

I'll probably come up with some more dumb questions in the future so bare with me.

Edited by Rhavage

Solder the 901 atomizer in the same manner as you would a 510. One wire to he center post, and one wire to the outer body. All of the atomizer connectors I've messed with have been from dead batteries. With those, I've had to be careful not to heat up the whole connector for too long; you can melt the rubber insulator on the center post, use minimal soldering techniques rather than making big globs.

I agree with Tek if you use connecters off of batteries they are already tinned ( they have solder adhered to them)and if you tin you leads it does not take a lot of heat to attach the wires.I also like to go ahead and solder the hole shut to seal out liquid,but that is optional you could silicone or epoxy it shut as well.

Edited by mcquinn

Thank you for the response guys. I don't have any dead batteries yet so I figured I would go with plan B and grab some of the connectors from MadVapes or some place of the like. Think they are $2.50 a pop or around there.

Madvapes is awesome, and addictive. I've baught enought stuff from there to make several mods (switches, resistors, LED's, project boxes, flash lights, 5v regulators, etc). Can't seem to control myself. The odd thing is that I've only made one box mod.

Aw, but Brian, you'll have plenty of spares to make your own if you need it someday - like during a ban.

I have a bunch of parts for making a mod, too, but only have a partially finished box mod so far. :rolleyes:

Madvapes is awesome, and addictive. I've baught enought stuff from there to make several mods (switches, resistors, LED's, project boxes, flash lights, 5v regulators, etc). Can't seem to control myself. The odd thing is that I've only made one box mod.

I know what you mean Brian, I have enough to make 20+ mods now---lol

I wish they had a box that would hold three 18650 batteries so I could make a double battery 3.7 volt last more than a week mod.The one I made for 18650's with 3/4 copper pipe is awesome I can use it for more than three days ,I have never run one down yet I always go ahead and put in a fresh battery after a couple of days.

I wish they had a box that would hold three 18650 batteries so I could make a double battery 3.7 volt last more than a week mod.The one I made for 18650's with 3/4 copper pipe is awesome I can use it for more than three days ,I have never run one down yet I always go ahead and put in a fresh battery after a couple of days.

If you want, I could make you a "billy club" on my lathe---LOL

If I put them end to end it would be nine inches long!! Besides that I prefer running two 3.7 batteries in parallel for lotsa mAh and that would be tricky end to end.I suppose if you had a milling maching you could cut out something.I am still not to sure about running protected batteries in series ,that would put two of those chintzy circut boards with all the surface mount components in the circut.That is a lot of very small conducters for 2 or 3 amps to go through.Might be why some of them are blowing up.

Mad Vapes is out of control they just keep adding toys and adding toys.I think they are trying to get my whole check.

They just put up the Mini Vape Stack and Drip Tips for sale tonight in limited stock to boot.

On a side note, I'll be getting my order from them tomorrow(nothing that I linked above) and had another quick question. I understand how to make the LED come on when you press the button, but how would you go about the wiring to have the light go off when you push the button?

They just put up the Mini Vape Stack and Drip Tips for sale tonight in limited stock to boot.

On a side note, I'll be getting my order from them tomorrow(nothing that I linked above) and had another quick question. I understand how to make the LED come on when you press the button, but how would you go about the wiring to have the light go off when you push the button?

That would require a single pole double throw type switch.The normaly closed would go to the light and the normaly open to the aatty.

Seems like you should be able to squeeze them into one of these.

http://www.web-tronics.com/pb-1p.html

You could cannibalize a 2XAA box for the +/- contacts gluing them directly to the box itself.

Seems like you should be able to squeeze them into one of these.

http://www.web-tronics.com/pb-1p.html

You could cannibalize a 2XAA box for the +/- contacts gluing them directly to the box itself.

No need to destroy a box - madvapes sells the contacts. :)

Edited by Brian