Getting The Indulgence

Okay - I have a trip to Las Vegas coming up, want to bring a suitcase full of equipment. I'm going to pick up the indulgence based on Dr. J's reviews and the battery cup as well. My understanding based on the description is:

The indulgence comes with two 18350/900mah batteries, use one, charge the other

The extender cup comes with two 16340 (CR123A) batteries, 3V, 880 mah, use together to go 6V but can also use the 18650 battery I believe for 3.7V

On the ecigsupply site are the following battery options:

RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4

TrustFire TR123A 880 Mah 3.7v

18650 2400mAh Protected Batteries.

18650 3000mAh Protected Batteries.

Battery Charger that charges batteries: 10430, 10440, 14500, 16340, 17670, 18500, 18650

So my questions are:

1) Can I get the RDR123A as backups to the provided CR123As?

2) Is the only difference between the 18650s the mah?

3) I'll be getting two chargers if I get the indulgence and the cup, if neither one is truly universal (the one I listed) do you think the one I listed will charge 18350? They never listed it as a possibility...

nana - if you're going to try 6V anyway, why not get the cup and an 18650 separate? Or am I totally confused as to how this works?

I have asked if the LiFPO4's will work in it, but haven't gotten an answer yet. I'll let you know when I do. It was my suggestion to get the extender cup with the 18650 and then get the LiFePO4's for 6V. Not sure it really matters, but I know the Tenergy batts have a good reputation for 6v.

They don't have the Tenergy's in stock, but it looks like battery junction is back up.

Here's what I'm about to order. Tenergy RCR123A

Edited by Brian

I have asked if the LiFPO4's will work in it, but haven't gotten an answer yet. I'll let you know when I do. It was my suggestion to get the extender cup with the 18650 and then get the LiFePO4's for 6V. Not sure it really matters, but I know the Tenergy batts have a good reputation for 6v.

They don't have the Tenergy's in stock, but it looks like battery junction is back up.

Here's what I'm about to order. Tenergy RCR123A

Thanx - so I have things basically straight? Either 18650 will do for the cup? Too bad they don't have more 18350s, two ain't enough for me. I want two more since I believe the most use will be without the extender cup. I won't need the 18650, figured nana would though.

I think the 3000 mah is 68mm vs. the 2400 mah at 65mm. You may want to shoot them an email to verify that either one will work. I think the stock battery with the extender cup is the 2400 mah.

Madvapes has the 18350 and the 18650 in stock. Maybe just get your batteries elsewhere.

I think the 3000 mah is 68mm vs. the 2400 mah at 65mm. You may want to shoot them an email to verify that either one will work. I think the stock battery with the extender cup is the 2400 mah.

Madvapes has the 18350 and the 18650 in stock. Maybe just get your batteries elsewhere.

Actually I think their description said the 3000 was what could be used. I think I also saw reference to a spring so maybe both. That's nana's problem, I have no intention to use the cup for 3.7V. Thanx though, I think I can speak for nana and say we both appreciate the info.

The Tenergy LifePO4 RCR123a batts do work in the 6V extended cup, but as I believe Dr J said in one of his reviews you have to stretch the spring out a little to get them to fit well. The batteries provided are LifePO4 16340 3.2V 1000mAh (not Tenergy) and they fit just fine without stretching the spring, but the Tenergy LifePO4 750mAh are a little shorter and require a little work to get to fit in properly. Also the battery cup is a little too wide for the batts so they tend to shift and rattle a little, I ended up making some fairly thin bumpers out of electrical tape and applied them to the inside wall to prevent this and it feels really solid now.

FTJoe- When you going to Vegas? I'm working a show out there (NAB) April 12-15.

Also the 18650 will fit the extended cup, but just like the Tenergy LifePO4 750mAh it sits a little low until you fix the spring.

Side Note: So far the spring in the extended cup is the only real problem I've found, and I'm really glad that it's such an easily fixable and inexpensive part to replace myself. The button is alright, nothing like the amazing button on the Silver Bullet, but it's lighter and slimmer then my Silver Bullet but packs just as much punch @ 6V and has tons of great options with the USB PT add on and the multiple battery cup sizes. Also connections for pretty much every major atomizer there is included, which is awesome. Definitely get the HV attys they sell (4.5 ohm) I'm really impressed with the ones I got (801 style) the mesh bridge is really thick, and they definitely handle the 6V load really well, no boiling.

Edited by GDub

FTJoe- When you going to Vegas? I'm working a show out there (NAB) April 12-15.

4/10-4/18. Not hitting sin city until 13th or 14th I think, starting in Phoenix AZ...

And thanx for the info...

Edited by FTJoe

@FTJoe - You most certainly can speak for me. I really and truly appreciate all the help.

As for your first question, when the indulgence was first ordered, the cup was not available. It is now, but I thought I could wait. Because it only comes with the CRC123's, but not the ones I want (not LiFePO4), I didn't want to get those. And yes, that was Brian's suggestion. I trust and value his opinion on this stuff. That's why I didn't order it the way it comes right now and get the 18650's from somewhere else. And I'm not in a huge hurry right now.

I don't know that I need the 18650's, but I really, really want them. That's for sure. I'm a little bit leery of the length of the whole unit with the 18650's, but really like the idea of the length of the charge. It could be a toss up for me. I'll just have to wait until I get it all to know for sure. I'm also curious enough that I will try it at 6 volt, too. I have no idea what I'll think of it, but I sure do have to give it a try.

Yeah - I want to try 6V as well. Though I'm a little leery of going 6V and using a HV atty, seems like I would be canceling out the HV by using an HV atty. Anyway, I'm ordering today, will get the cup only for the 6V as I'm only an occasional vaper these days. Who am I kidding, I'll be ordering the 18650s as well if only just for giggles...

I just ordered some Tenergy batts from batteryjunction for my BSB to try 6v. Ecigsupply has some 3.5ohm HV atty's which, at 6v should put your right at 10 watts (the alleged sweet spot). I think I may order a couple to try.

I just ordered some Tenergy batts from batteryjunction for my BSB to try 6v. Ecigsupply has some 3.5ohm HV atty's which, at 6v should put your right at 10 watts (the alleged sweet spot). I think I may order a couple to try.

Thanx. Well the extended cup comes with cr123a batts (not tenergy). I figure if I like the 6V with the HV atty, I'll go ahead and get the tenergys. Looks like they sell the tenergy RCR123A as well but sold out. Since I'll be flush with low resistance attys, I figure I'll just be going 3.7 mostly, but IDK. I guess that's whole point, flexibility.

So I'm getting the indulgence (still no titanium - waaaa!) with two 18350s, extender cup with two CR123As, 18650 3000mah and 2 HV attys. What am I missing?

And if someone is still thinking about it, price dropped $10 after I ordered it. Figures. Also, rumor has it no batteries with cup but this is the description of the cup on the indulgence page. Waiting for a confirm from ecigsupply...

*The Optional Extended Indulgence Battery Cup with spring adjusts to multiple batteries (it's sold separately to this kit) and is bundled with either 1x 18650 3.7v protected 3000mAh battery rated at 24+ hours of continuous usage or 2x 16340 (CR123A) 3v protected 880mah batteries (used together) so you can enjoy the high performance of 6v with Specially Designed EM5-HV, EM8-HV & EM9-HV 4.5 OHM High Volt Atomisers (optional with bundle).

I emailed ecigsupply and the reply I got says the extender cup does NOT come with any batteries.

And yes, the price was $58.99, then went up to $69.99 and is now $59.99.

Edited by Brian

You use the cover that comes on them if you want to do the "condom method". I ripped the cap off, scraped out the glue from the inside and filled it up. Pretty much destroyed the cap, so I used a regular 510 cart cut off just below the vent and it works great. I reckon I'll have to try the condom method one of these days.

You use the cover that comes on them if you want to do the "condom method". I ripped the cap off, scraped out the glue from the inside and filled it up. Pretty much destroyed the cap, so I used a regular 510 cart cut off just below the vent and it works great. I reckon I'll have to try the condom method one of these days.

I think Brandon got the last set of blanks. OOS at

Found these at vaporkings.

As luck would have it, shipping message came 20 mins after I posted this...now I still need to verify the battery issue and the $10 difference. I have some batteries from mad-vape in my cart but hoping ecigsupply might help...

Okay - I have it, very nice. Charging batts right now, tried the low res atty, very nice. The sleeve is huge and the 18650 battery looks like it will last days. I bought extra 350s and I bought these for 6V, I messed up I think...

http://www.madvapes.com/Protected-16340RCR123A-30-V-Lithium-Ion-Battery_p_2213.html

http://www.madvapes.com/Protected-16340CR123-Lithium-Ion-Battery-37v-880mah_p_2037.html

Have we decided if the RCR can be used, because the other 16340, CR123 batteries are 3.7V? What the heck is that?

Also a little worried about the universal charger. Looks like the same one that came with the spade (which the cleaners hid on me with a battery in it). I thought I saw it would work on the CR123A, but the RCR123A is still charging (or at least the light is red).

Edited by FTJoe