510 Cartomizers

So do you still need all the craziness for even the first fill? I'll try to find a video of the various methods to fill unless someone has them handy. I did see sarge say what to do, but I don't have them in hand so...tough to tell.

I found the v4l video, I guess I get it?

Edited by FTJoe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filling these cartomizers is so easy a caveman can do it, Fill them at a red light there that easy to do,,When i say 3/4 that's a blank carto, I give mine a PGA (pure grain alcohol) bath for 24 hours before a differ juice goes in them, I'll often add bout 30 drops of same juice in a carto, rotate mine so there is always a clean dry one, and always one soaking in pga, and always one I'm vaping on, condom from bottom, no fuss, no mess... :thumbup:

Placed my order with DietSmokes this morning for two packs of cartos. Can't wait to try these out when I'm driving to my next camping trip. Waiting until I stop to redrip was no fun at all this last weekend.

If it's messy refilling then your doing it the wrong way. I have kinda refined my carto-condom refill method for these specific cartomizers. I fill the condom 3/4+ with liquid. I push the condom on the battery end a little over halfway. Then I give the combo a couple of quick "thermometer whips" (holding the carto by the mouthpiece end). That is essentially a "quick and dirty, poor-mans Taryn spin). Then I push the condom the rest of the way on.

Huh? Do you put the 3/4 full condom on the battery end or the mouth piece end?

Yes

Ok - so you're putting the empty condom on the battery end. I'm with you. I got some blanks on the way, I think I'll give that a try. I've been ripping the caps out to refill (prefilled cartos) and just using a 510 cart on it.

Now that it looks like my indulgence may not make it in time to play with my low res attys on vacash, I'm excited about my blank cartos!!! Is there no leakage? I'm not having good luck anymore with PTB, foam etc. I think it was Brian or jeffb who jinxed me. I suk at dripping into the d-tip. Catch the sides every time and mmmm mmmm mmmm, juice. Hoping my t-tips will be better.

Also, whoever is in charge of thinking these things up, can we get low resistance cartos? ;-)

Is there no leakage? I'm not having good luck anymore with PTB, foam etc. I think it was Brian or jeffb who jinxed me. I suk at dripping into the d-tip. Catch the sides every time and mmmm mmmm mmmm, juice. Hoping my t-tips will be better.

I've not had one really leak yet in the sense that juice has exited the cartomizer and found it's way on down onto the side of the battery (on either my BB or regular 510 batteries or VP PT) and thus onto my hand. But I do find more juice down in the recess of the battery. No big deal there, but it may be b/c I'm not filling them properly as Cmdryker mentioned.

I have the same experience with the D-Tips. Exactly the same. I haven't actually used them since Saturday just b/c of that :( And I still have 2 more that I haven't even opened yet.

Also, whoever is in charge of thinking these things up, can we get low resistance cartos? ;-)

Dang I was thinking the same thing tonight on the way home from wally world. Now that these 510 cartos have brought cartomizers up into the same level as direct dripping on normal attys (and exceeded it imo), the next step would be a low resistance version... Very interesting to think about!

I've not had one really leak yet in the sense that juice has exited the cartomizer and found it's way on down onto the side of the battery (on either my BB or regular 510 batteries or VP PT) and thus onto my hand. But I do find more juice down in the recess of the battery. No big deal there, but it may be b/c I'm not filling them properly as Cmdryker mentioned.

Cool - that's my biggest issue now (with the spouse, I don't care myself).

I have the same experience with the D-Tips. Exactly the same. I haven't actually used them since Saturday just b/c of that :( And I still have 2 more that I haven't even opened yet.

I'll let you know how the t-tips are. I think my biggest issue is I really can't hold the ecig perfectly vertical and vision not good enough without glasses to, well, see what I'm doing.

Edited by FTJoe

Think you might be confused a few posts back asked if put empty condom on bat end,,No that's not right,,,Here we go step by step

Step 1 go to mailbox get your 510 cartos from box

Step 2 open box containing 510 cartos grab 1 carto from box of 5 and open it you notice each end has a condom on it remove both,,the condom on bat end is larger,,,this is the one we are going to use

Step 3 inside this larger condom is a little piece of rubber that was sticking in bat hole, remove this little piece an round file it (trashcan).

Step 4 Now we have a carto and a condom setting on the table fill up the condom with your favorite juice approx. 3/4 full for empty blank carto

Step 5 now we have a condom sitting on the table with ejuice in side it, grab the carto with 1 hand, hold it with mouthpiece looking at the cieling.

Step 6 slowly insert battery into the condom until bout half the juice is inside the carto, pick up the carto by the mouthpiece and give it the old mercury thermometer shake with your hand, snapping your wrist very fast back and forth. for bout 30 seconds

Step 7 place carto in your hand mouth piece still looking at the heavens, with other hand side the condom rest of the way over the carto, gve it another thermometer shake for bout 15 seconds this time.

Step 8 remove condom and blow softly from bat side, hear little gurgling sound just few drops in the tube, pat off both ends with a dry towel or napkin.

Step 9 This not always necessary but especially with a new carto i would let it set bat down for bout 10 minutes or so before vaping, just so all wadding is wet at the bottom of the carto,, just place it in the condom just in bout 1/4 inch just so it sits upright on the table.

Step 10 choose favorite vaping device and vape away... hope this helps.. eliminates all confusion :thumbsup:

They're in stock at Vapor Kings.

I wanted to order 10 packs, website allows maximum of 5, I called and spoke to a nice gentlemen who fixed it to where I could get 10 online, and ordered a KR808 PCC to play with as well (got some other stuff too).

The site may still be configured to allow you to order up to 10 if anyone wants to stock up before they're out again.

Step 10 choose favorite vaping device and vape away... hope this helps.. eliminates all confusion :thumbsup:

Got them - these are fantastic. Hoping to get a little more TH but I just came off the LR atty. Got about a ml or so in there. I guess I can premake some and get the caps back on for storage. Will try a syringe for refill...

TH still not coming...got spoiled by LR atty. Will test on wife. If not, our friend is psyched on the 510s I lent her, will fill a few cartos with the 18 and 11 juice I ordered for her and she if she likes as well. Put an LR atty on here and I'll buy the stock out.

I have to say, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none. Replacement lappy for my busted one doesn't work. But the old one started working again (fan issue). I have to travel with both now while I await corp. instructions.

Edited by FTJoe

Sorry the throat hit isn't to your liking FTJoe. It's actually perfect for me, though I haven't tried one during a night of heavy drinking. That could be a caveat for me, so I'll keep the LR attys handy just in case.

For a final comparison, I whipped out my last blank KR808 carto today. The 510 cartos still beat them in every respect, except flavor. The flavor seems identical, which is fantastic, b/c I can't imagine flavor being any better on any device than a carto.

As far as amount of juice, I've actually been filling them waaaaay more than just one condom 3/4 the way full. I guess that's why I get juiced sometimes and have a little bit of a mess to cleanup. I go 3/4 condom full, then another 3/4 condom full, then about 1/4 to 1/2 and that's the absolute limit... That's a lot of juice! On the KR808 cartos, I max out at about a 1 and a half condoms full.

I'm going to try Cmdryker's filling regime next time and see how that works for me.

Are you 0mg? I know you wanted to know about 0mg? That's the issue for me being 0mg and no TH. I so wish these were around when I was still nic'ing. I've found if I just just a long slow hit, really slow, I get a good burn/TH. But LRs are for me, wanted something for my better half who went 0mg with me. Hey, she was a weekend smoker and is putting up with ecigs in the first place is amazing.

Also, looks like all my whining paid off, cross your fingers, indulgence might get here in time.

As far as filling, you're saying 3/4, then another 3/4 then more? If I could get two 3/4, I'd be tripping. No leaks?

Edited by FTJoe

Are you 0mg? I know you wanted to know about 0mg?

Not yet. Everything I have is 11mg or less except the free sample I got from WordUpEcig awhile back, which is just too strong for me (24mg... buzz and headache!). I've got 2 zero nic juices that I use sometimes, but neither of which have a throat hit at 11mg anyway (Rath's Banana and Pina Colada). I just placed a big order for some 6mg juices from WordUpEcig too (have to special order it at that low of a nicotine strength), but I don't think they'll arrive until saturday at the earliest.... I'm really taking my time backing down to zero nic. Oh and BTW, Jeff's juices from WordUpEcig have the best throat hit of any juice I've ever had; and I've only bought VG 11mg or less from him. They're better than some stronger nic PG juices I've had. Whatever he adds to get the throat hit works like a freaking charm.

As far as filling, you're saying 3/4, then another 3/4 then more? If I could get two 3/4, I'd be tripping. No leaks?

That's correct. I actually stick the mouthpiece end of the carto into the condom instead of the battery end. I don't stop until I see a bubble of juice come up out of the battery thread's air hole. Which usually equates to a full 2 condoms or a little less. But, it is a little messy. That's why I clean and then put both condoms back onto the carto and sit it upright (mouthpiece up) for a minimum of 30mins so that the juice fully soaks into all the filling. After that, there will be just a bit of juice in the bottom battery condom (excess leaked out), but it's good to go for several hours of solid and constant vaping.

Definitely not the most clean or efficient means of filling, but damn if you can get a lot of juice in there.

Wow. I did five so far, one with just the 3/4 approach, one with 1.5 worth (seemed messy) and three doing 3/4 and 1/2 (1.25). All sealed back up. I love the seals going back on so I can do some in advance.

Any reason you're using the mouth piece end instead of battery? Any trick to refilling?

Can't wait for our friend to try this. But not sureI will stick with with no TH at 0mg. That's what we struggle to find, TH.

Any reason you're using the mouth piece end instead of battery?

Saw a video of refilling a KR808 carto pushing the mouthpiece down into the condom. Seems to work so I kept at it. Oh, one thing I didn't mention was how slow I go. Compared to the video, I push the carto down into the condom at a snail's pace. Slooooowwwww..... I think this also helps the juice to fully absorb into the filler.

But not sureI will stick with with no TH at 0mg. That's what we struggle to find, TH

Right. Isn't everclear used as an additive to get good throat hit? I wonder how far you could go with adding some.... Hmmm...

Right. Isn't everclear used as an additive to get good throat hit? I wonder how far you could go with adding some.... Hmmm...

Yeah - I have some but there is a slight taste. Gave up on that a while back, should offer it again as a choice to the missus. Sorry for the O/T.

Oh geez! I used one of my 510 cartos last night for about an hour, and this morning so far for about 2hrs.

Everything I've heard about them is totally true. These things are incredible!

Vapor production like a normal 510 and flavor almost like a KR808 cartomizer. The throat hit is tame compared to a normal 510, but that's no issue for me b/c I chase flavor and vapor.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I got 23 drops of VG juice in it before it started to overflow (used the condom-fill-method). That's a lot! And even more than the few KR808s that I've filled (those averaged 15-19 of the same juice).

If they ever make a 510 cartomizer PCC that's like the KR808 PCC, then I'll betchya this will be the new wave in the PV world. Seriously. In fact if I can find a dedicated 510 cartomizer PCC (that's not all sharp and pointy like the regular 510 PCC) I'd buy one right now.

EDIT: Wonder if the 510 battery with a 510-901/KR808 adapter would fit properly in the KR808 PCC. Hmmmm.....

Are you noticing a really easy draw with your 510 cartos? I'm coming from KR808s with a 510 to 901 adapter and the draw on those was pretty stiff compared to what the straight 510s are offering.

Are you noticing a really easy draw with your 510 cartos? I'm coming from KR808s with a 510 to 901 adapter and the draw on those was pretty stiff compared to what the straight 510s are offering.

Yep. They were designed for better air flow.

Yes, light and airy just like a KR808. To me personally, that's one of the few drawbacks to the 510 cartos. I actually prefer a stiffer draw as opposed to the feather-weight airiness of the KR808 and 510 cartos. But that's just a personal preference thing.

I honestly can't complain about the draw being so light and airy though. It's just a little pet peeve of mine, and is easily overlooked.

In regards to your experience with the 510 to 901 adapter, I think that's a function of the adapter itself. Not all adapters are made the same. I got lucky with mine, and they pretty much function as if they weren't even there at all. The draw on all the adapters I own are the same as their native device. The only issue I've had is making full contact with the atomizer. Sometimes I have to overly tighten the adapter or the atomizer down, but that's about it.

Oh and BTW: My KR808 PCC came in today, and yes just as Brian pointed out, a regular 510 battery with a 510 to 901/KR808 adapter fits well and doesn't cause any issues. The 510 cartomizers on the other hand are indeed larger than the KR808 cartomizers. So I can only have the mouthpiece condom on it to fully close the case. I'm going to take it out and about with me tomorrow to fully test it. Will let you know how it works.

Oh and BTW: My KR808 PCC came in today, and yes just as Brian pointed out, a regular 510 battery with a 510 to 901/KR808 adapter fits well and doesn't cause any issues.

LOL! That was all you man - I just assisted. :)

Filling these cartomizers is so easy a caveman can do it, Fill them at a red light there that easy to do,,When i say 3/4 that's a blank carto, I give mine a PGA (pure grain alcohol) bath for 24 hours before a differ juice goes in them, I'll often add bout 30 drops of same juice in a carto, rotate mine so there is always a clean dry one, and always one soaking in pga, and always one I'm vaping on, condom from bottom, no fuss, no mess... :thumbup:

How long to you let them dry after the bath?