Atomizers

Okay so I have been using the same atomizers from my 510 I got from Awesome vapor for about 38 days. It works really good. Then just to have extra I bought four more from Rocky mtn vapor and none of them vaped like the ones from Arno. So I just thought that they were generic or something. Well my husband bought a 510 for his mother from Arno and both of those atomizers worked like the ones from Rocky mtn. They just don't give a good throat hit like the first ones we got. My husband is really picky and I finally got him to stop smoking all together and I don't want him to start again because we can't get decient atomizers. I am just wondering if n-e one knows why some atomizers are better than others especially ones that come from the same person. My second quesions is how do u know whether someone is selling knockoffs are not?

First I'd say give them a little time before you give up on the new ones. It sometimes takes a little bit before they get to vaping good.

As for the knock-off's, look down inside to see if there is a ring around the come shape. It looks like a small washer. If there is then it's the knock-off and not an original Joye atty. I'm sure someone else here can give you some more advice, but that's the info I've been hearing.

Good luck and hang in there.

I have noticed this as well ,the first few atties I bought seemed to vape better and last longer than the last few I have bought.And they came from different suppliers,which I suppose means nothing as they probably came from the same wholesaler.I am having trouble finding low bridge 801's that will wick from carts ,they all drip fine but I prefer loading up a cart and not worrying again for a while.For the time being I have switched to DSE 901's as my main sled .

Edited by mcquinn

I would suggest checking the ohms (resistance) on the atty. The Joye 510 should give you a reading of around 2.2 ohms. If it's much higher than that (say 2.8) then it's probably not a Joye 510, or it's defective. The SLB atty's (with the washer) are about 2.8 I think, as well as the newer "expert" atty. The lower ohm atty gives more watts which heats the juice faster.

To check the resistance with a meter, set it to the lowest setting for OHM (200 on my meter). Touch the black lead to the atty threads and the red one to the atty connector (bottom of the atty).

Definately contact the vendor and see what they say. Also, as pointed out above, make sure you give it some time to break in.

Here's another confirmation of Brian's measurements. Yesterday I complained of the Totally Wicked 510 attys I bought in a multi-pack. They've all tested way too high in resistance, the lowest of which was at 2.8ohms and has remained there after 2 days of vaping. The others were around 3.2ohms if i remember correctly.

I went back and cleaned out my genuine Joye510s last night, and measured them today after they were completely dried out: 2.3, 2.5, and 2.3

Others have mentioned the totally wicked 510s worked fine for them, so it's possible I got a bad batch. But I know I'll be buying genuine labeled Joye510s from now on.

Wasn't there allot of problems with atty quality last year shortly before and,after Chinese New Year? I've used Totally Wicked several tims and never had a problem,however the last batch of multi pack attys I got from them only seem to be lasing around a week.

That's the problem with throw away parts and quality control. When suppliers are ordering large quantities of atomizers there are bound to be a couple bad ones.