Vp/pt

Ok, so after much harassing from some of my fellow bus riders I ordered my vp/pt. I've watched a lot of videos on it from several different people.

One of them was Grimm Green who said how when he got it home and first turned it on how it lit up his kitchen with light from the LED's.

I wont lie I was looking forward to checking out this for myself. Well I got it the other day and the Led's are there but really nothing like what all the hype was on those videos. Now don't get me wrong, the unit is a kick-*** device. The vapor production is great and all that but I'm a little let down by the lack of Led lighting being put out. I know it's a minor and somewhat childish complaint, but I was just a little disapointed with the way it works or should I say doesn't work.

I'm wondering if this is a design change or is there a flaw with my unit? If anyone else has gotten one of the new vp/pt's I would like to hear if you have noticed this also

All in all it's a great vapor producer but I'm a little sad at the lack of Led output.

Edited by snubber

I almost dropped a load when I saw your post here Snubber. I got my VP PT in the mail today, and the first thing out of my mouth was "Crap! The LEDs look like they're waaaaay undervolted".

Mine are incredibly dim. So much so that it's very annoying to me. I got the purple one; not sure what color you got?

So I emailed VaprLife and got the following email in response:

Hello Brandon-

Thank you for your inquiry-

The Purple LED light on your unit may be appear to be dim-

because it is not the usual PURPLE LED we would ordinarily use

but is instead, an ULTRA PURPLE LED-

Therefore, the color is very similar to what you would see with

an ultra-violet or 'black light' which is a low-frequency light-

hence the appearance of seeming to be dim.

Hope my reply was of some help to you-

please feel free to email again if I can be of

further service.

Best Regards,

Mary

Customer Service

VaprLife.com L.L.C.

Monday-Friday

11am-6pm EST

I haven't emailed them back b/c I just now got home (decided to check VaporTalk before checking email; yeah I'm obsessed).

What color did you get? If this is the new standard purple, then I'm just not happy with it. Well, I'm not happy with it either way. I suppose it's a minor complaint for a very good device, because honestly it toots very very well.

I'll have to think about this for a bit.

EDIT: I just remembered I've actually got some ultraviolet LEDs in my LED shelf that I haven't even tested yet. I'll give them a shot and see how they look compared to those in the passthrough.

Edited by Brandon

Guess I haven't watched enough vids of it to know what you're talking about. Around the holes, mine has very little light. And the other part (the plastic tube thingy), my hand always covers it when I use it, so don't really pay attention to it. I got mine in early Jan.

hey snubber i got a green one awhile ago and it is super bright. That was kinda cool at 1st but once the novelty wore off it's almost to bright and would like dimmer. I would offer to trade ya but my dog chewed on my cord a bit (still works thank god)

I almost dropped a load when I saw your post here Snubber. I got my VP PT in the mail today, and the first thing out of my mouth was "Crap! The LEDs look like they're waaaaay undervolted".

Mine are incredibly dim. So much so that it's very annoying to me. I got the purple one; not sure what color you got?

I haven't emailed them back b/c I just now got home (decided to check VaporTalk before checking email; yeah I'm obsessed).

What color did you get? If this is the new standard purple, then I'm just not happy with it. Well, I'm not happy with it either way. I suppose it's a minor complaint for a very good device, because honestly it toots very very well.

EDIT: I just remembered I've actually got some ultraviolet LEDs in my LED shelf that I haven't even tested yet. I'll give them a shot and see how they look compared to those in the passthrough.

I have the red one,and was really hoping to light up my world with it. I sent them an e-mail asking if it was a design change and never received a reply.

I know it's a minor thing, but when you're expecting one thing and get another it's kind of a let down. OH WELL, guess I'll just have to live with it.

I got a blue one, it's definitely not as bright as I thought it would be but I'm pretty happy about that. If there was an option to get it without the light tube I probably would have, but because the blue light is pretty dim and seems to just color the tube I'm pretty pleased with it.

my is one the way back to me after a repair. my (blue) LEDs were actually quite quite bright, but "soft" (due to the fogged white light tube). they did dim somewhat, but that was due to the malfunction (if i fiddled with it i could get the LEDs to go bright again).

my point is you may want to shoot Vaprlife an email, maybe there is something wrong with the unit.

i will say there isn't the massive halo of light like in some of the videos, but, seriously a lot of those videos are not the best quality and you can see halos of light or masive glares from the other lights in the room as well. i assumed before i even got one that it's wasn't going have that light-saber-like glow as some videos make it appear.

my is one the way back to me after a repair. my (blue) LEDs were actually quite quite bright, but "soft" (due to the fogged white light tube). they did dim somewhat, but that was due to the malfunction (if i fiddled with it i could get the LEDs to go bright again).

my point is you may want to shoot Vaprlife an email, maybe there is something wrong with the unit.

i will say there isn't the massive halo of light like in some of the videos, but, seriously a lot of those videos are not the best quality and you can see halos of light or masive glares from the other lights in the room as well. i assumed before i even got one that it's wasn't going have that light-saber-like glow as some videos make it appear.

Thanks for the info...I did send an e-mail, as of yet no reply. But in all fairness Jesso is an awfully busy guy.