E9 E Minicig Review

VapeFiend

I received my Chinese E9 E minicig from e-cig.com about 8 days ago, and I haven't smoked any analogs so far. I ordered the deluxe starter kit and about 10 packs of cartomizers and a carrying case, bringing my total to about $111, which allowed for free shipping, which was nice.

The kit came with 2 batteries, 10 prefilled cartomizers and a usb adapter and power supply. The batteries came somewhat charged and had to be plugged in after about 2 cigarettes-worth of use. After breaking the batteries in for a couple days, I find them to last about 5-6 hours, so it's good to have both charged and with me (alternating batteries on the charger is very tedious). I only smoke about 3/4 pack a day, so this contributes to most of the battery life. I would say the battery would probably last about 1-2 hours of non-stop use, but the atomizer would surely burn out before that.

The prefilled cartomizers last a whole day, or about 15 cigarettes-worth. I have the Camel, blueberry, strawberry, apple, vanilla and red bull flavors. They are all horrible and all but the Camel make me gag or run for a glass of water. The Camel tastes nothing like a Camel cigarette, but it's sweet and has a decent similarity to throat hit and production of a Camel. The vanilla cart has the most production and has a very light vanilla aroma, but has no flavor. The other flavors are so poor they are not worth a mention.

-=TBC if requested=-

I received my Chinese E9 E minicig from e-cig.com about 8 days ago, and I haven't smoked any analogs so far. I ordered the deluxe starter kit and about 10 packs of cartomizers and a carrying case, bringing my total to about $111, which allowed for free shipping, which was nice.

The kit came with 2 batteries, 10 prefilled cartomizers and a usb adapter and power supply. The batteries came somewhat charged and had to be plugged in after about 2 cigarettes-worth of use. After breaking the batteries in for a couple days, I find them to last about 5-6 hours, so it's good to have both charged and with me (alternating batteries on the charger is very tedious). I only smoke about 3/4 pack a day, so this contributes to most of the battery life. I would say the battery would probably last about 1-2 hours of non-stop use, but the atomizer would surely burn out before that.

The prefilled cartomizers last a whole day, or about 15 cigarettes-worth. I have the Camel, blueberry, strawberry, apple, vanilla and red bull flavors. They are all horrible and all but the Camel make me gag or run for a glass of water. The Camel tastes nothing like a Camel cigarette, but it's sweet and has a decent similarity to throat hit and production of a Camel. The vanilla cart has the most production and has a very light vanilla aroma, but has no flavor. The other flavors are so poor they are not worth a mention.

-=TBC if requested=-

You may find you taste the vanilla after you've been off analogs for a while. But sometimes yeah, they can be pretty tasteless

OK part 2: There is a HUGE flaw in the design of these devices. I'm not sure if it specific to this brand but somebody needs to find a cure! When the liquid in these cartomizers starts to diminish, the poly-fill inside burns and produces a smoke that is pretty much equivalent to smoking the wrong end of a cigarette. I'm assuming everyone here knows what that's like... so every day I have to experience that wretch and gag before I know it's time to change the cart. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some sort of indication (less vapor production) before this happened.

The best thing about the product is that their vapors have virtually no scent. The vanilla cart smells faintly of vanilla but the vapor itself is non-scented. The Camel vapor has a slightly sweet smell, but it goes away as soon as it dries. This is my favorite part of the product because I can puff away on it all day and I won't smell like an ashtray! (consequently, I have developed a strong sense of smell towards tobacco odor, and cannot stand the smell of my friends that still smoke).

All in all, I would rate this product 7/10. It passes because I have no desire to smoke, but it lacks in quality and flavor. -=Next review when I receive my usb passthrough and DIY e-liquid kit=-

If you haven't been off analogs long enough you will have trouble tasting most of the flavors. Give it time and it will come around slowly.

The real point here is to just keep on keeping on and not to give up on vaping. Believe me, it gets better!!

Take heart, eventually you'll begin to sense when you're about to get that awful burnt-poly taste and will be able to avoid the worst of its effects. You're right that we all know that one! I think this is one reason most of us end up direct dripping eventually. That's really the way to go, but won't work with cartomizer units.

Good review!

I've found that cartomizers get a little dry and scratchy on my throat near then end.

Do you refill the cartomizers? I'm not familiar with that model, but I think it's the KR808 cartomizer, which can be refilled a couple of times.

I don't know the brand-equivalents, sorry, I'm only 10 days into this whole thing. I placed an order for refillable cartomizers instead because I wanted to see if Lorann had better flavors than theirs. I should get my shipment in a couple days and I'll post a new review.

Dave, that sucks! I was hoping to try direct drip but I didn't know you can't do it with cartomizers! I really feel disappointed after joining this forum, not because of the forum itself (super awesome and best community of all time) but the fact that I hastily bought the first product I researched. If only I had joined this forum first, I probably would be enjoying that wonderful looking passthrough everyone keeps raving about! (when are they gonna get more of those in btw?)

You may find you taste the vanilla after you've been off analogs for a while. But sometimes yeah, they can be pretty tasteless

You were totally right! Today was day 10 and I tried all my flavors over except blueberry and I can actually taste them now! They still suck but there's a real improvement here! Also, the smell of cigarettes is starting to bother me a lot lol but I don't want to be a **** to my friends so I just don't say anything... wasn't too long ago people were complaining about my odor :X

I don't know the brand-equivalents, sorry, I'm only 10 days into this whole thing. I placed an order for refillable cartomizers instead because I wanted to see if Lorann had better flavors than theirs. I should get my shipment in a couple days and I'll post a new review.

Dave, that sucks! I was hoping to try direct drip but I didn't know you can't do it with cartomizers! I really feel disappointed after joining this forum, not because of the forum itself (super awesome and best community of all time) but the fact that I hastily bought the first product I researched. If only I had joined this forum first, I probably would be enjoying that wonderful looking passthrough everyone keeps raving about! (when are they gonna get more of those in btw?)

Hey Fiend -- that's a normal story; mine too! I did all the same stuff and most of us here did too. ;)

You were totally right! Today was day 10 and I tried all my flavors over except blueberry and I can actually taste them now! They still suck but there's a real improvement here! Also, the smell of cigarettes is starting to bother me a lot lol but I don't want to be a **** to my friends so I just don't say anything... wasn't too long ago people were complaining about my odor :X

The "I have smell back" really hit me at Walmart. I was at least 50 feet away from a truck..windows open, and I could smell old pipe tobacco from 50 feet away. I was like, wow.

::UPDATE:: Day 11, tried the blueberry again. It was the worst of all flavors on the first day, but today it was actually pretty good! Still doesn't taste like blueberries, but all the harshness is gone. Looks like I'm better prepared to try my DIY liquids (which I'm receiving tomorrow; new review coming soon) :thumbup:

::UPDATE:: Day 17, returned my e-cig package and all parts (except emptied cartomizers and open bottle of nicotine and broken syringe), customer service is less than satisfactory so far. The representative was reluctant to give me information on how to return to their shipping center, and seemed to speak very little English. I should get the refund in about a week, which is when I will finalize my review in the supplier's review section. Expect a negative score!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines