Bans Currently Under Way In 4 States

soooo true "extra language", that's what I mean by "it opens the door". And going back to the vetoed bill of last year that actually started out referring to "green" cars, boy did she put a spin that bill!!

If it's to stop the sale of Electronic Cigarette sales to minors only then of course I'm all for it. But as Vacker stated Corbett's last bill started of as a "green" bill that ended up banning electronic cigarettes. Luckily for us Arnold ended up stamping it with a big fat veto. We just need to keep a very close eye on the bill and make sure it doesn't outright ban ecigs like last time.

Here is the ammended bill http://www.leginfo.c...ed_sen_v98.html

Nice find Jeff, this Bill has been changed -- very much -- as you can see with the crossed out and italic text. Although (again if I am interpreting it correctly) it is all about distribution to minors. BUT (and yes there is always a BUT) this again could be changed many more times before it comes up for passing which I believe is in Sept (please inform me if I am wrong).

I'm from Northern California and I have to yes to all the above.. I feel that Corbett has an agenda and she wont stop unless we all give her a good reason to stop. This is how politics works. You introduce a bill that you know will pass, then you amend it after it has become law and see if you can turn it into the Bill you originally had planned.. I will be doing my part to write all my congressmen and senate folks. Shes out to try and squash something she really knows nothing about... but that's what most people do when they see something they don't understand.. the squash it.. I have hope that with everyones help and e-mail that we can make a difference and keep E-cigs available for adults who wish to buy them and use them.

Just my 2 cents!

I'm from Northern California and I have to yes to all the above.. I feel that Corbett has an agenda and she wont stop unless we all give her a good reason to stop. This is how politics works. You introduce a bill that you know will pass, then you amend it after it has become law and see if you can turn it into the Bill you originally had planned.. I will be doing my part to write all my congressmen and senate folks. Shes out to try and squash something she really knows nothing about... but that's what most people do when they see something they don't understand.. the squash it.. I have hope that with everyones help and e-mail that we can make a difference and keep E-cigs available for adults who wish to buy them and use them.

Just my 2 cents!

just posting this update I received today regarding this bill. Looks like the the Business committee review is in. with no objections.

update 4/16/2010

SB 882 http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_882&sess=CUR&house=B&search_type=email

ANALYSIS http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0851-0900/sb_882_cfa_20100415_161204_sen_comm.html

Awesome Darth! Let's keep it up!!! :2guns:

Christopher, as the proposed California law stands now, how is that going to work for suppliers selling via the internet? How are you going to know if someone is 18yrs old or not? Will you just accept them saying that they are at least eighteen?

The reason that I ask is that a while back when I tried to get a cigarette coupon, I actually had to give them my diver's license number, birthdate and license expiration date, because the cigarette company was so paranoid about giving the coupons to minors.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently there are bills in the following states CA, IL, MD, and NY. If your aware of any other states post back here and on any other electornic cigarette forum. We need to band togeather on this.

Chrisopher...as I understand the california bill SB882, The state is ONLY banning sales of ecigs to anyone under age 18 years old. I don't see that as a problem. It does have nicotine in it. I think we need to pick our battles and focus our efforts on states that are trying to ban sales and use of the ecig completely. The current CA ban is really nothing more than what the industry is already doing on their own...which is not selling to minors. Every site I've entered says that. Is there an issue I am misunderstanding?

"Chrisopher...as I understand the california bill SB882, The state is ONLY banning sales of ecigs to anyone under age 18 years old. I don't see that as a problem. It does have nicotine in it. I think we need to pick our battles and focus our efforts on states that are trying to ban sales and use of the ecig completely. The current CA ban is really nothing more than what the industry is already doing on their own...which is not selling to minors. Every site I've entered says that. Is there an issue I am misunderstanding?"

The bill was changed after Chris's original post back in March. :)

I've never voted beofore but am registered... is there some way to excerside our rights as voters? im young and dumb, and would be glad to type up my story again. Also, wasnt someone making a book about this way back when, that we all entered our stories on? What happened to that?

• 5 months later...

I just found out that back last year they tried to ban e-cigs on the state college campuses here in AZ, actually in the county of Maricopa, where I live. I will now go and look to see if there is any sort of ban or a proposed ban. I did just stock up on juice from Gourmet Vapors, I have a liter of 36mg..... so hopefully that will get me thru any tough times, until the hubbub dies down and people come to thier senses. The tobacco comapnies here in the states may find it worth thier while to make nic juices and then tax that as they do analogs. Unfortuneately it may drive the prices up as it did on cigarettes, but we are a growing grassroots population as it becomes more clear that e cig's and all thier componants are healthier than smoking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in Texas and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about bans here. I did some google searching and found nothing. I just wanted to be positive. I'll also be trying to help with other state bans as much as possible.