Eliquid + Mail = Heat = Destroyed Flavor?

Ohhhhh crap.... A thought occured to me today when I was at the post office mailing out some juice samples. Summer time heat and the US mail system.

Remember that thread Jeff started awhile back talking about how quickly heat can destroy the flavor of ELiquid? What the heck are we supposed to do this summer?!

Hey if it comes down to it, I'll pay double or more the normal shipping cost to have some cold packs thrown in there. To me it would be totally worth it. That would keep me from placing so many small orders, rather I'd be placing large ones infrequently, but I don't care; gotta have that flavor!

I haven't been vaping very long, so maybe you veterans that started last year can chime in with your experiences about summer time heat.

Good question, Brandon. I don't have the answer because I only started vaping in October. Now you've got me curious. We might have to buy all of our juice for the whole summer right now. :censored:

Edited by nana

I think that the length of time that most packages are in 'extreme' environmental conditions while in the process of being shipped is relatively short. Since the packaging is opaque they aren't subjected to light so only the heat is a concern in the summer. I don't think it is really a concern in the normal situation. Things probably get much hotter being left in a car during a short stop at the local mall. Just my thoughts of course... :)

Thanks for the info folks, this helps alleviate my fears. I'm definitely a 'tracking number watcher' and am very lucky in the sense that I work from home so I can check the mailbox quite frequently throughout the day.

I'm still going to keep the idea of cold packs on the backburner. If I start getting nasty tasting juices, I'll ask some vendors if they can throw in those cold packs to try and help. I'm serious when I say I'd pay more for shipping than usual :)

I had absolutely no problems last summer. And I was ALWAYS buying liquids. Now given, I did check the mail alot, and much like the OP, I am a tracking number stalker.... so well yeah.

Also if this helps at all, I was last summer ordering my juice from the east coast, and I am in Utah. Still no problems with juice :D

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought about it before. I think for the most part there is no worry. The amount of time in a truck on the highway would be the only concern. Inside a white box without windows inside a cardboard box sounds cool enough. From where I get juice its on the road for a day. Might worry more if it was in there for a week.