Need Assistance In Choosing The Right E-Cig

Strangebear

Hello,

I have spent the last 48 hours researching several different types of E-cigs out there. I was looking for several set criteria when looking for the right brand:

1. Is the size of a regular/100 cigarette in length and circumference.

2. Can be charged via. USB and AC Adapter (wall unit)

3. Is visually appealing.

4. Spare batteries are fairly priced.

5. Atomizers are fairly priced.

6. Cartridges are fairly priced.

7. As a smoker of 15 years I really need one that:

A. Gives a throat hit as close to an American Spirit Light.

B. Give of as much vapor as a typical American Spirit Light Cigarette would give off smoke.

C. Tastes as close to what an American Spirit Light Cigarette would taste.

8. Has a portable charger that will charge your batteries on the go.

After 48 hours of research and still having ambiguous thoughts about what I want to buy and I won't throw in a drawer after a week I found the "BLU" e-cig. I have not purchased this yet due to hearing a lot of rumors that this e-cigs draw and vapor is nothing like a regular cigarette. Plus, I wonder if their "Classic Tobacco" flavor (the only tobacco flavor) taste anything like a regular cigarette.

The most important thing to be is the size, taste , throat hit, and vapor amount (want all to be as close to reg light cig).

The second most important is that it can be charged on the go (like BLU can) and is in a convenient pack (like BLU is).

The least important is price and look (color etc.)

Any advice would be very appreciated as I don't want to waste $70-$120 for a drawer bound e-cig.

I've only been vaping for a couple weeks now, but I picked up a DSE901 and love it. Gives a decent throat hit with higher mg juices. Or I think a lot of people might suggest the 510. A few of my friends have it and are very satisfied with it. May also want to hit up youtube or the videos here at VT to get better reviews. And on the Blu/Volcano's, they make better paper weights or door stops than a PV. I know it's not much information, but I hope it helps. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Edited by Rhavage

1. You're not going to find (that I'm aware of) any e-cig that small. The battery life would be pitiful

2. Most can. I'm using a Joye 510 and have both AC and USB chargers and a PCC which is basically a case with a battery inside it for charging on the go. The 510 isn't special in that regard. Many if not most e-cigs have AC and USB chargers.

3. I think my 510 looks fine but to each his/her own

4 - 6. I'm happy with my 510 in all of those cost-wise matters.

7. Keep in mind, e-cigs arent all that much like normal cigarettes. Flavor depends on the cartridges or juice you use. Most e-cig users fill their carts with juice they either buy or concoct themselves.

8. Woops already touched on that. I know for a fact the 510 has this as an option.

I'm not trying to talk you into a 510 but I've been very happy with mine

Wish there was an edit option on my original post. I did leave out another important factor and that is the way you go about putting in another cartridge. I see that some e-cigs you need to use a needle with the "juice". I would like the cartridge to be roughly 10-20 cigs with no needles involved. I am ignorant to all of this and for all I know they are all 10-20 cigs. The charging pack (on the go!) and closeness (pull, vapor/smoke, taste) are critical to me.

It would be nice if the brand had phone support also.

Thank so much again,

Erik

1. You're not going to find (that I'm aware of) any e-cig that small. The battery life would be pitiful

2. Most can. I'm using a Joye 510 and have both AC and USB chargers and a PCC which is basically a case with a battery inside it for charging on the go. The 510 isn't special in that regard. Many if not most e-cigs have AC and USB chargers.

3. I think my 510 looks fine but to each his/her own

4 - 6. I'm happy with my 510 in all of those cost-wise matters.

7. Keep in mind, e-cigs arent all that much like normal cigarettes. Flavor depends on the cartridges or juice you use. Most e-cig users fill their carts with juice they either buy or concoct themselves.

8. Woops already touched on that. I know for a fact the 510 has this as an option.

I'm not trying to talk you into a 510 but I've been very happy with mine

I hear a lot about battery life but if you are charging on the go (ie. have a charging box kinda like "BLU") why does battery life matter. Sorry agin if I am being ignorant it just that if you have a "charge box" that you plug in every other day or so and carry this charge box with you why does battery life play a role?

Hello,

I have spent the last 48 hours researching several different types of E-cigs out there. I was looking for several set criteria when looking for the right brand:

1. Is the size of a regular/100 cigarette in length and circumference.

2. Can be charged via. USB and AC Adapter (wall unit)

3. Is visually appealing.

4. Spare batteries are fairly priced.

5. Atomizers are fairly priced.

6. Cartridges are fairly priced.

7. As a smoker of 15 years I really need one that:

A. Gives a throat hit as close to an American Spirit Light.

B. Give of as much vapor as a typical American Spirit Light Cigarette would give off smoke.

C. Tastes as close to what an American Spirit Light Cigarette would taste.

8. Has a portable charger that will charge your batteries on the go.

After 48 hours of research and still having ambiguous thoughts about what I want to buy and I won't throw in a drawer after a week I found the "BLU" e-cig. I have not purchased this yet due to hearing a lot of rumors that this e-cigs draw and vapor is nothing like a regular cigarette. Plus, I wonder if their "Classic Tobacco" flavor (the only tobacco flavor) taste anything like a regular cigarette.

The most important thing to be is the size, taste , throat hit, and vapor amount (want all to be as close to reg light cig).

The second most important is that it can be charged on the go (like BLU can) and is in a convenient pack (like BLU is).

The least important is price and look (color etc.)

Any advice would be very appreciated as I don't want to waste $70-$120 for a drawer bound e-cig.

Hi Strangebear, from what you have said you are looking for, it sounds like a 510 starter kit and a PCC is what you are looking for. I have not heard anything good about the Blu e-cig, so I would advise you to stear clear of that unit.

You won't be able to find an e-juice that tastes exactly like your analog did. There are however some really good tobacco flavored juices that I use, such as the:

Vapor Talk- Traditional Tobacco

Vaperite- Turkish Tobacco

Awesomevapor - French Pipe & 555

There are others out there also.

Trying to find an e-cig that mimics an analog is normal for people that are just making the switch. Try to view vaping as something different and most importantly, just relax and have fun vaping.

Oh and another thing - when I first got my e-cig I was dead-set on mimicking the flavor of my Marlboro's. I didn't like the flavor in the carts so I filled them up with some juice I got with the same order. It was odd at first but now I can't see myself even wanting to try a tobacco flavor. I was an over-a-pack-a-day smoker for 18 years. Loved the flavor of tobacco but now it turns my stomach.

Sounds like I should go with the Joye 510 with a Personal Charging Case. Is their a particular website, with phone support, and tobacco like cartridges and juices I can get this from? Lastly, I an hoping the 510 model will go into the Personal Charging Case in it full form so I don't have to build it everytime I take it out.

Really appreciate this help,

Almost all of us started with a list very much like yours. We wanted something that looked like, acted like, and tasted like a cigarette. After a week or two almost all of us changed our minds! (That's isn't a recommendation but rather just information to let you know that you are not alone!)

I normally recommend that people start with a Joye 510 or a Kr8 cartomizer type unit. The Joye 510 produces bunches of vapor and the Kr8 is really easy to use. If you are dead set on the idea of mimicking the size of a regular cigarette then the M402 is a good model. The M401 and M403 are the same model just with different length batteries.

I buy my Joye 510 products from Cignot. They have great prices and good customer service. And they carry a PCC (that is the case that charges the batteries on the go.)

LiteCigUSA has good prices and customer service for the Kr8 model and the M40x models. They do not carry the PCC for the M401 or M402 yet. (Those are different PCCs - one is taller to accomodate the longer battery.) You can get the PCC for this model from Sharp Smoker.

All of the cartridges and cartomizers (combination cartridge and atomizer) can be refilled. Be sure to buy at least three small bottles of liquid... in different strengths. I suggest around 12 mg, 18 mg, and 24 mg. You don't know what strength will be best for you until you try them for a while. AND... I also suggest that you get a couple of different flavors. You won't know what you like until you try it. And not all flavors with the same name from different companies taste the same!

At this point the most important thing is to try something! Chances are you will end up buying at least one more model in the near future. Each model has strengths and weaknesses.

Good luck! :)

Okay - I was going to be a DB because I've tipped a few. Guineahill gave fantastic advice though. I have to say, I never understood folks who had to have it look like a cigarette. I've taken every drug and device under the sun, I've actually done acupuncture. I didn't care if if I have to place something in my ear and flap my arms to get me to stop smoking, I would do it.

So get the 510 with a PCC, there will be a learning curve, it will sometimes be a pain, if you need to, by all means keep a pack of butts next to you while you play and figure it out. My entire point is, when you find something that hits the sweet spot and puts you in control of the monkey instead of the monkey all over you, its truly liberating. Open your mind, you will be so amazed...

Once you start getting bored with that, and you will, play with the mods. The amazing thing is after a week or two, if you can drop the analogues, you'll actually forget about the monkey and become obsessed with the e-cigs (that's a good thing).

Thanx Mark - I have to say though, guineahill was saying what I was thinking, so I'm going to give them the +1 you gave me. And you too!! Did I mention I was tipping?

Not to jack the thread, but a running joke among my friends when we tip a few..."I love you man!!!!" Feeling that right now!!!

I am new to this as well, but I must say, these guys know their stuff. I was so unhappy with my original purchase, then I found this fantastic place, no I am not high, I'm serious. I strongly suggest you follow the good advice and get the Joye510 with all the bells and whistles. You won't be sorry. I just recieved mine and what a difference, a huge difference.

You should look into the Ego. It is a little bigger than the 510 but the battery lasts much, much longer. I usually get about 10 hours of heavy vaping on 1 charge which eliminates the need for a portable charger for me (comes with 2 batteries). I only got 1 1/2 hours on the standard 510 battery.

The vapor production and flavor are both great with the Ego. I use carts and drip, works well with both.

It is a little bigger in diameter than some of the mini e cigs but you don't have to carry spare batteries or chargers so it kinda evens out.If size is a top priority the 510 would be a good choice, just be ready to juggle a lot of batteries.

Lots of e cigs, I would watch all of the reviews you can and decide which will work best for you.