Crest Pro Health Cleaning

Been searching the forums on a way to clean an atty I am having issues with . Deciding after some research to try the crest pro health method, What I can not find is how long to soak it. Anyone use this method?

This is the first time I've ever heard of this? What exactly are you supposed to do? When cleaning atomizers I suggest only to use water and boil them, it's better to just purchase a new atomizer but if that isn't an option make sure you stay away from any type of cleaners. You don't want to be vaping any of the stuff into your lungs :)

This is the first time I've ever heard of this? What exactly are you supposed to do? When cleaning atomizers I suggest only to use water and boil them, it's better to just purchase a new atomizer but if that isn't an option make sure you stay away from any type of cleaners. You don't want to be vaping any of the stuff into your lungs :)

From what I have been reading some people have had success reviving an atomizer by soaking it in crest pro health mouth wash. But to walk on the side of safety I did just boil it in the water. It is drying and I will see if it works tomorrow. I have back up just wanted to see if I could revive it :)

From what I have been reading some people have had success reviving an atomizer by soaking it in crest pro health mouth wash. But to walk on the side of safety I did just boil it in the water. It is drying and I will see if it works tomorrow. I have back up just wanted to see if I could revive it :)

I have heard of soaking it in mouth wash.

Like Chris said I would just use water. It worked fine for me and they have not died on me yet! (knock on wood!) blush.gif

Are you cleaning it because it's dying, bad flavor, or just to clean it? Just curious. I had an atty die a few weeks ago. I boiled it in distilled water, along with a couple that were not performing very well. After the boil and dry, the one that was completely dead was still completely dead. I did a dry burn on it. At 3.7v I held the on button for about 20 seconds, and it just barely started to glow a little. Did this a few times, but didn't change much. I put it on my VP/PT and gave it about 10 seconds at 5 volts and it fired up. I checked the ohms and it about 3.4 ohms (should be 2.2). It works great on my VP/PT at 5V, but doesn't work well at all at 3.7. I have heard of dead atty's being revived using a dry burn, but this was the first time I had tried it. It was a pretty old atty though, so don't know how long it will last.

Chris - I'm close to giving up on all this cleaning crap and following in your footsteps... when it's dead it's trash!!! Guess we all have to learn for ourselves. :)

About a week ago, I boiled a few atomizers that were just tasting a bit icky but working fine. I drained them overnight with pieces of tissue, then I boiled some water in the tea kettle and poured it over the atomizers and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Dried them overnight and they seem to be tasting fine.

Too much work but saved me a couple bucks. I am not sure if I really want to do this. I have tried this in the past and ended up losing some really nice 801's. I am still on the fence about cleaning atomizers. I do agree that I wouldn't use anything but water to clean them.

Lots of good points made in this thread. The vinegar thing works wonders for me, but honestly I don't know if that shortens their life b/c I've not been vaping that long. I haven't had one die on me yet, but on the flip side of that arcade token is the fact that I have 5 attys in rotation right now.

I like the idea of chunking an atty when it starts to taste nasty, but for me it's not practical. I honestly think it's b/c of the juice I vape. I'm about 95% all VG right now (only whip out the PG when I have a craving for it or maybe if there's a beer in my other hand). And it's about 50/50 between Rath's juice and WordUpEcig's VG juice. After only a very short time I start getting that burnt-sugar carmalized flavor. Like after 1 day.

I haven't really heard it happening to folks so quickly, so it's either something I'm doing, or it's the juices I'm vaping (oh and this didn't happen when I very first started vaping and was on strictly PG juice).

But in either case, disposing of attys begs the question: who has genuine Joye510 attys the cheapest? I picked up a 5 pack from wicked eliquid b/c they're cheaper that way. But they're not labeled as Joye, rather they have their little devil face logo and the letters MP on the gold band. Besides that they look identical to my real Joye510s I have, but they certainly don't feel the same. The draw is much easier, lighter, and more airy which I actually do NOT like.

So let's suppose I wanted to buy a 5 pack of genuine Joye510s somewhere like once a month. Where do you all suggest to get them?

P.S. Sorry if this is off topic.

It was getting to the point that it was hard to get a draw off of it and very hard to blow through. And it was functioning poorly. This was the one that came with my kit so its fairly new. I thing it was just gunked up. I was afraid to boil it at first I took a slotted spatula and put it in the pan to keep it off the bottom and boiled it for 5 minutes. I blew through it and it seemed some what better. So I repeated the process this morning. It is now easy to blow through I am letting it dry and have not tested it yet but I believe it will be a success...thanks everyone!

Chris - I'm close to giving up on all this cleaning crap and following in your footsteps... when it's dead it's trash!!! Guess we all have to learn for ourselves. :)

Yep, that's what I've come to too; just ditch em when they die. But that means I'm always sweating not having enough spares! Argh! Never ends, does it? I wonder if this is what led Chris to just start his own freakin store? :D

So let's suppose I wanted to buy a 5 pack of genuine Joye510s somewhere like once a month. Where do you all suggest to get them?

Not too off topic for me! Here's where I'd get em:

510s at ENS

He has stainless also, didn't know your preference.

5 pack for $38.50 at Indyvaporshop. I haven't gotten any from there, prefer the gold bands, but it's an option. Be careful to make sure you select the "JOYE" version.

Sensay - I had some atty's that had that "hard draw" (felt gummed down) and have had pretty good success boiling them in distilled water.

Edited by Brian

Lots of good points made in this thread. The vinegar thing works wonders for me, but honestly I don't know if that shortens their life b/c I've not been vaping that long. I haven't had one die on me yet, but on the flip side of that arcade token is the fact that I have 5 attys in rotation right now.

I like the idea of chunking an atty when it starts to taste nasty, but for me it's not practical. I honestly think it's b/c of the juice I vape. I'm about 95% all VG right now (only whip out the PG when I have a craving for it or maybe if there's a beer in my other hand). And it's about 50/50 between Rath's juice and WordUpEcig's VG juice. After only a very short time I start getting that burnt-sugar carmalized flavor. Like after 1 day.

I haven't really heard it happening to folks so quickly, so it's either something I'm doing, or it's the juices I'm vaping (oh and this didn't happen when I very first started vaping and was on strictly PG juice).

But in either case, disposing of attys begs the question: who has genuine Joye510 attys the cheapest? I picked up a 5 pack from wicked eliquid b/c they're cheaper that way. But they're not labeled as Joye, rather they have their little devil face logo and the letters MP on the gold band. Besides that they look identical to my real Joye510s I have, but they certainly don't feel the same. The draw is much easier, lighter, and more airy which I actually do NOT like.

Here ya go http://electronic-ash.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=72