Everything I've Read About Cartomizers Is True

Got a 5 pack of blank 808d cartomizers from ELiquidPlanet last week and some adapters from MadVapes and CigTechs today so that I could finally put the two together on my BB and 510 batteries.

And yes, everything I've read is true. The throat hit is less, the vapor production is less, but the flavor is totally off the chain! I'm still coming to grips with how a small difference such as an atomizer can affect the experience so much. The juice flavor is much more intense and really is different. I'll say 'different' because it's like I can pick up on more of the subtle little undertones and flavor notes that I hadn't noticed before.

I''ve only used 2 different juices on them so far, because I only got a 5 pack and don't want to burn through them too quickly. But I can really see the attraction to these little beasties due to the outragious flavor and also how long they last. I filled up a carto with some Essence USA mix from ELiquidPlanet for my wife about noon today. She vaped on it sporadically for about 2 hours, and I took it over for the rest of the day. Granted, I've been switching between it and my other carto and 510s but the thing has yet to completely cash-out.

I was hoping these cartomizers would be a good alternative for my wife since they're a little less harsh and can last so long. Unfortunately it doesn't make vaping for her any easier, but for someone that's not as sensitive as her and is constantly on the go (like she is) these dudes could have great value. It even makes that Essence USA flavor pleasing to me (I didn't really like it on my 510) because it just brings out so many extra little details on the flavor.

Truly amazing. And I'll be buying some more blanks to try my other juices as well. Totally recommended buy, even though most sites don't carry the blank cartomizers *and* the 510 adapters in one place.

Got a 5 pack of blank 808d cartomizers from ELiquidPlanet last week and some adapters from MadVapes and CigTechs today so that I could finally put the two together on my BB and 510 batteries.

And yes, everything I've read is true. The throat hit is less, the vapor production is less, but the flavor is totally off the chain! I'm still coming to grips with how a small difference such as an atomizer can affect the experience so much. The juice flavor is much more intense and really is different. I'll say 'different' because it's like I can pick up on more of the subtle little undertones and flavor notes that I hadn't noticed before.

I''ve only used 2 different juices on them so far, because I only got a 5 pack and don't want to burn through them too quickly. But I can really see the attraction to these little beasties due to the outragious flavor and also how long they last. I filled up a carto with some Essence USA mix from ELiquidPlanet for my wife about noon today. She vaped on it sporadically for about 2 hours, and I took it over for the rest of the day. Granted, I've been switching between it and my other carto and 510s but the thing has yet to completely cash-out.

I was hoping these cartomizers would be a good alternative for my wife since they're a little less harsh and can last so long. Unfortunately it doesn't make vaping for her any easier, but for someone that's not as sensitive as her and is constantly on the go (like she is) these dudes could have great value. It even makes that Essence USA flavor pleasing to me (I didn't really like it on my 510) because it just brings out so many extra little details on the flavor.

Truly amazing. And I'll be buying some more blanks to try my other juices as well. Totally recommended buy, even though most sites don't carry the blank cartomizers *and* the 510 adapters in one place.

Since you now have some 808 carts, would you mind taking a resistance reading off one of them? I like to add that to my list for future referrence. Thanks.

Since you now have some 808 carts, would you mind taking a resistance reading off one of them? I like to add that to my list for future referrence. Thanks.

No prob there sir. I just measured 3.6ohms on 2 separate cartomizers that are brand new and never used, and then 3.3 and 3.2 on the 2 that I've been using today. Possible that it would go down a little as you vape on it more, but I'm not sure on that.

Yup the flavor from cartomizers is awsome. Now we just need to perfect the amount of vapor that comes from them. It's only a matter of time before they get better I would think.

Rock on with that Chris! Now you've really got me curious about a cartomizer on a higher voltage, like the VP PT.... Dang I hope it comes in stock soon :)

I found that while the TH was less, it was also quite "scratchy". I would be interested in how the flavor compares vs. a 901. I had originally got a KR808 for my wife, but it didn't work out either. I have used one on my VP/PT and found that you may get one or two good hits and then you have to let is sit for several minutes before you can get another one. Maybe I just haven't messed around with it enough, but I didn't care for them that much. I get juiced a lot with them.

I check a filled, but unused carto and it's 3.3ohm. I'd say the 3.6 was empty (dry)? The resistance probably comes down a little when it's wet.

I found that while the TH was less, it was also quite "scratchy". I would be interested in how the flavor compares vs. a 901. I had originally got a KR808 for my wife, but it didn't work out either. I have used one on my VP/PT and found that you may get one or two good hits and then you have to let is sit for several minutes before you can get another one. Maybe I just haven't messed around with it enough, but I didn't care for them that much. I get juiced a lot with them.

I check a filled, but unused carto and it's 3.3ohm. I'd say the 3.6 was empty (dry)? The resistance probably comes down a little when it's wet.

Very interesting! You know I've been trying to find an adapter to use my 901 attys on my 510 and everywhere I look I find the opposite but not that. LOL I'd scream and stuff, but I gotta sing later... hehe

Meanwhile I've obviously not been vaping long enough, because every time one of you says "I get juiced" I picture a very drunk person, usually sayin "I love you man!!!!!" lmao

TeriJo VaporKings has the adapter you are seeking http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye_510_to_DSE901_or_KR808D_1_adapter_p/adapt-510-to-901-808.htm "

Description

Now you can vape a DSE901/RN4075 atomizer or even a KR808D-1 cartomizer on any of your Joye 510 batteries or USB passthrough adapters.

Solid metal construction with a silver finish.

"

Edited by mcquinn

TeriJo VaporKings has the adapter you are seeking http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye_510_to_DSE901_or_KR808D_1_adapter_p/adapt-510-to-901-808.htm "

Description

Now you can vape a DSE901/RN4075 atomizer or even a KR808D-1 cartomizer on any of your Joye 510 batteries or USB passthrough adapters.

Solid metal construction with a silver finish.

"

My HERO! Now I gotta find somethin else to make it worth the shipping... :harhar:

Meanwhile I've obviously not been vaping long enough, because every time one of you says "I get juiced" I picture a very drunk person, usually sayin "I love you man!!!!!" lmao

LMAO! I haven't been that juiced in a very long time! :whistle:

My HERO! Now I gotta find somethin else to make it worth the shipping... :harhar:

Here ya go good price and fast shipping too.

price plus shipping is better than the other places price alone :thumbsup:

Kinda becoming a fanboy cause he's got so many DIY goodies.

http://www.madvapes.com/510-to-901808-D-Adapter_p_2151.html

Liquidxpress has new cartomizers that are for the 510. These are hard carto's, not the new 510 soft ones. According to Rob, they were specially designed for better airflow, and the coil heats from the center instead of the bottom so they should work better.

They are prefilled and only come in four flavors right now (liquidxpress flavors). I'm going to order some to try. I've been wanting to try the Honey Flue Cured anyhow.

liquidxpress cartomizer

Liquidxpress has new cartomizers that are for the 510. These are hard carto's, not the new 510 soft ones. According to Rob, they were specially designed for better airflow, and the coil heats from the center instead of the bottom so they should work better.

They are prefilled and only come in four flavors right now (liquidxpress flavors). I'm going to order some to try. I've been wanting to try the Honey Flue Cured anyhow.

liquidxpress cartomizer

I am sure they are refillable(let us know if they are not) there is always a way..Even the new sealed(glued on cap) premium cartos from V4L are fillable with the cover method.I dont use my 510 much since I got my VK and the 510 cartos may get me back to it especially if they produce more vapor and same great flavor.

Carts are dead IMO and Cartomizers are the future!!!!

Cant wait to hear how they(510 cartos) work!!

Old KR Carts come alive at 5V with a cheap $20 passthru from V4L.I dont use batts at home most of the time I plug in a AC to USB(1200mah) and attach my V4L PT and 5V at the couch all evening!!!It gives me 510 like vapor with 1-3 hour refills depending on use.

Top does not come off, you'll have to use the condom method, 510 carts that had caps that popped off in my mouth thoroughly annoyed me as I would take a cap in the back of the throat and get a mouthful of liquid. I talked to many people about good voltages to use. I personally use my fistpack anywhere between 4.2 and 4.9 under load, and have heard good reviews of them working up until 6v where they will pop due to burning liquid too fast and the atty drying out quickly.