Heat Destroys Flavor

My mother -in-law made me some watermelon flavored juice. The flavor was good and strong. Well, today I had to drive to a meeting in another city. I was happily vaping my watermelon on the way. I left the juice in the car and spent 3 hours in the meeting. It was about 85 degrees here in SoCal so that means the car temp was probably around 95. I got back in my car, and the juice which was originally pink, was now a tan color. I still decided to vape it anyways. Absolutely all the flavor was gone and it tasted kinda nasty. So let this be a lesson to you, keep your juice away from heat and direct sunlight.

Yup! :D This is part of the secret to Vapor Talk's juice, we monitor the storage temperature of the juice closely. If you take Dulcis for example and place it in the car for 4 + hours in weather hotter than 95 it will turn orange. Definitely throw that bottle away. By the way heat will also break down nicotine and reduce it's potency.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Thanks for the heads up guys. As I commute and am in a service van all day, I usually have a couple of bottles of juice with me. Maybe I should keep a small cooler with me just for that reason (the wife says I need to eat lunch anyway so there is a good reason).

Wow, good info Jeff! Summer is coming and there's a good likelihood I'd have left some valuable juice in the car at some point.

Chris, what's the 'ideal' storage temp? I have mine at room temp, which is about 71 degrees. Does humidity affect it even in storage?

Chris, what's the 'ideal' storage temp? I have mine at room temp, which is about 71 degrees. Does humidity affect it even in storage?

I'll be a big buttinski...its almost like Christopher is here...spooky ;-)

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4509-e-liquid-question/page__view__findpost__p__39606

Christopher might still want to address ideal. And I can't believe humidity would really affect juice once its in the small 10/30 ml bottles. But then again, what do I know?

Edited by FTJoe

Thanks Joe. Yeah, I can't imagine how humidity could affect a sealed container either; just thought I'd ask. :)

The post I linked to he did caution against moisture...I just noticed Dulcis is in a 0 nic now? Creating a post in the store section...this is fantastic...

My mother -in-law made me some watermelon flavored juice. The flavor was good and strong. Well, today I had to drive to a meeting in another city. I was happily vaping my watermelon on the way. I left the juice in the car and spent 3 hours in the meeting. It was about 85 degrees here in SoCal so that means the car temp was probably around 95. I got back in my car, and the juice which was originally pink, was now a tan color. I still decided to vape it anyways. Absolutely all the flavor was gone and it tasted kinda nasty. So let this be a lesson to you, keep your juice away from heat and direct sunlight.

I'm sorry for your loss. But it did give the rest of us some valuable information, so thanks for the heads up.

I'm so glad I followed Scizo... Schizo... (how do you spell his name?)... 's advice and purchased an Insulin bag. The icepacks should help keep my juice nice and cool. For now, the coleman igloo is my main fridge and setting it on the floor keeps everything nice and cold. Anybody want a beer? :)

:::making a mental note to hurry up with that deep cell battery so I can plug in my igloo thingie:::

That makes me think it might be a good idea to store my juice in the refrigerator when I'm out camping. What do y'all think?

I'm so glad I followed Scizo... Schizo... (how do you spell his name?)... 's advice and purchased an Insulin bag. The icepacks should help keep my juice nice and cool. For now, the coleman igloo is my main fridge and setting it on the floor keeps everything nice and cold. Anybody want a beer? :)

:::making a mental note to hurry up with that deep cell battery so I can plug in my igloo thingie:::

Did someone say beer? :beer: I'm in!!!

Cool!! Bring a few limes with ya, I'm fresh out and hubby won't let me near the car since he read TeriJoes post on my commute thread.

ummmmmmm Ooooooooooops? Sorry. Well Uma, tell the hubby of yours that I don't drive. I don't have a license. That would be why MY hubby would tell me that. LOL

I drove for a while. I decided stressed out Teri should NOT be on the road. When you have to spend 5 minutes unclamping your hand from the steering wheel, it is a clue you should let someone else drive.

hey, I was just joking about it... in light of Rays post "WATCH THE ROAD"...and the posts that followed.... (yours and Daves)...

just trying to be funny.... don't take it wrong!

Here, have a beer, it's on the house! :beer:

hey, I was just joking about it... in light of Rays post "WATCH THE ROAD"...and the posts that followed.... (yours and Daves)...

just trying to be funny.... don't take it wrong!

Here, have a beer, it's on the house! :beer:

Never got into an accident, but man my hands hated me LMAO

OOOOh beer. Sorry, I don't drink and drive. Oh wait.. I don't drive.. GIMME :harhar:

Uma, be careful! You go handing out free beer and Dave will be drinking it all for you. :beer:

Moi?! devil.gif

Hell, I'll bring beer too, where we going? :D And I'll bring limes; why not? Can I bring my dog?

Edit: Oh, Spank me! Getting off topic in Jeff's post! innocent.gif

Edited by ddavelarsen

haha, do you know Dave or do you know Dave! Hey, of course you can bring your dog! We'll need a taste tester lol.

::::rolling out a keg for Jeffb:::: :whistle::beer::fun:

(sorry Jeffb, I will go and post no more... unless provoked! lol)

• 2 months later...

Yup! :D This is part of the secret to Vapor Talk's juice, we monitor the storage temperature of the juice closely. If you take Dulcis for example and place it in the car for 4 + hours in weather hotter than 95 it will turn orange. Definitely throw that bottle away. By the way heat will also break down nicotine and reduce it's potency.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

LOL! Perfect image use :)