510 Usb Passthrough

haft2doit

Hello all, I just purchased a 510 with a usb pt. I have a car usb adapter that i was going to use while driving to save on battery charging. The pt works fine with my computer but using the adapter it just blinks upon pressing the button. Do I need to purchase a new adapter? It works to charge an ipod. Not getting the right voltage? Thanks

Haft2doit, You're probably getting the right voltage, just not enough amperage. Most usb adaptors only put out 500ma and I believe that most pts would benifit from 2000ma (2amp).

Haft2doit, You're probably getting the right voltage, just not enough amperage. Most usb adaptors only put out 500ma and I believe that most pts would benifit from 2000ma (2amp).

Mark is right. I bought a usb adapter from Walgreen's and used it with my PS V2 pts and it would not put out the vapor, I got from using it through my computer. I just went back to my Spade and kept an extra battery on me.

I think it depends on the PT though. I have two of the 510 PT's and one works on my wall and car chargers and one won't, it will only work on the computer. At least by having two of them, I know it's the PT and not the adapter. In the case of only one PT it's hard to tell where the problem is. Just thought I'd let you know that I have the same thing going on and what your problem could be.

It also depends on what PT you are using. Are you using the VP PT or a generic PT from China? If it's the VP PT you will need 2000ma but if your using a Chinese PT you will have to speak with the supplier you purchased it from and ask him what the rating is.

It also depends on what PT you are using. Are you using the VP PT or a generic PT from China? If it's the VP PT you will need 2000ma but if your using a Chinese PT you will have to speak with the supplier you purchased it from and ask him what the rating is.

I got it from electronicstix I'll have to see if it is Chinese. I'm new to the shorthand what is VP?

The VP PT is the Vaprlife Passthrough sold on Vaprlife.com and the Vaportalkstore.com (Dietsmokes.com also carries it) It's a American Made 5 volt PT that requires quite a bit of power. If your using the Chinese version I would speak with ENS and ask them what voltage it needs to run in the car :)

Hello all, I just purchased a 510 with a usb pt. I have a car usb adapter that i was going to use while driving to save on battery charging. The pt works fine with my computer but using the adapter it just blinks upon pressing the button. Do I need to purchase a new adapter? It works to charge an ipod. Not getting the right voltage? Thanks

haft2doit,

It appears you may be having the same issues as I do with that 510 passthrough.

I don't know how to put the link up here, but you might want to go to the "Help, It Broke" subforum and look for the thread titled the "Finicky Five-Ten Passthrough" I believe it's the model as yours, and mine won't work in the car either. I have a fix in the works. As soon as I receive the part in the mail, I'll add a follow up post and let everyone know if it fixed my problem.

haft2doit,

It appears you may be having the same issues as I do with that 510 passthrough.

I don't know how to put the link up here, but you might want to go to the "Help, It Broke" subforum and look for the thread titled the "Finicky Five-Ten Passthrough" I believe it's the model as yours, and mine won't work in the car either. I have a fix in the works. As soon as I receive the part in the mail, I'll add a follow up post and let everyone know if it fixed my problem.

I think this is the thread tektronik is refering to:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4471-finicky-five-ten-passthrough/

I think this is the thread tektronik is refering to:

http://www.vaportalk...en-passthrough/

that thread describes everything perfectly. thanks. i'm not sure of the best route to take. something like a kensington powerpack maybe. although if im having this problem may not work with a powerpack either. frustrating! thanks for the help.

i got a usb passthrough also but i got a specific usb adapter for it for my car. i now have a usb charger along with usb pt and a usb car adapter :D

i went up to my gf's property and we had so many battery problems as running the generator all day would be a little bit stupid.