Cartomizer Terminology Assistance?

Okay, so I'm trying to plan ahead for my wife since it looks like she's good with the Essence line of liquid from ELiquidPlanet. Unlike me, she works away from home, has an hour long commute both ways, and is in class for 4hrs a day 3 days a week. Needless to say, dripping may be a bit of a challenge for her. So I'm thinking cartomizers would be her best bet.

But I'm totally confused on the connection terminology. I know that there are some brand new 510 cartos that just came out, and while first impressions of flavor and TH are good, it seems that since they're much smaller than regular cartos they really don't last very long.

So I was thinking of going the adapter route, since I've already got five 510 batteries to give her. But what am I adapting to? Is a carto an 808 A 901? I just can't tell. NHaler has a "510 to cartomizer" adapter, but I don't know what numbered connection that is and what carto connection i should shop for when it comes time to get the actual carts.

Any ideas?

I'm not quite sure I understand. First: Are you choosing to use the cartomizer? Second: If so, what are you adapting it to? If you already have 510 batteries there is no need for an adapter the 510 cartomizers will fit without an adapter :)

Thanks for the reply Chris. Yes, I'd like to use cartomizers with my 510 batteries b/c that's all I have (besides some 14500s).

I heard the new 510 cartomizers don't hold much liquid, so you have to top off or just switch them out more than the other cartos that are available (plus I'm hoping to actually refill them a couple times before throwing them away, and that chewy paper shell on the outside of th 510 carto doesn't look liquid-friendly). That's why I was trying to wrap my head around the adapter terminologies.

Ah I understand, well I have not used the KR 510 cartomizer myself so I can't say either way. But if you looking for a KR to 510 adapter for example there are none at the moment that I'm aware of that exist on the market. So a 510 cartomizer might currently be your only bet.

Hey Brandon, Joe2003 just posted in "Introduce Yourself" with an answer to your question.

well I was trying to help someone on the general discussion page.

They were asking about adapters to use cartos on a 510

Chris said he didn't know of any and I wanted to help.

If someone can answer that post,all they have to do is go to

madvapes.com and under e-cig parts click on adapters then look for

the 510 to 808d-1/901.only a coupla bucks if they are in stock.

site says he's got some shipments coming soon if they aren't in.

By the way HI YALL been lurkin a lot but this is my 1st post

Joe's been lurking but this was his first post - trying to help a fellow vaper. thumbsup.gif That's what makes VT so dang fine: The People.

Thanks Joe2003! And good luck Brandon.

Now that Brandon got his answer, would someone care to help me figure out how I can use a cartomizer on my VP2?

I now have both adapters: the 801-to-901, and the 801-to-510.

Is the KR808D-1 cartomizer larger than the KR-510 that Brandon is looking for?

More importantly, How can I attach it to my VP2? Is there another adapter that I'm going to need?

Tektronik, if I'm understanding all this stuff (which is doubtful) you *may* be ready to use cartomizers on your VP2. I don't have a VP2 of course, but looking at VaprLife's website, looks like it comes standard with an 801 thread, and you already have an 801 to 901 adapter, and according to madvape's website, the 501 adapter that I'm after is a 501 to 901/808 cartomizer adapter (which suggests the 901 and 808 share the same thread pitch).

So in theory, with your 801 to 901 you should be good.

Anyone else care to verify?

EDIT: Take a look here: http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php?title=Brand_and_Model_Compatibility_Chart

I'm too tired to digest that nasty beast of a chart right now. Maybe tomorrow :)

Edited by Brandon

Tektronik, if I'm understanding all this stuff (which is doubtful) you *may* be ready to use cartomizers on your VP2. I don't have a VP2 of course, but looking at VaprLife's website, looks like it comes standard with an 801 thread, and you already have an 801 to 901 adapter, and according to madvape's website, the 501 adapter that I'm after is a 501 to 901/808 cartomizer adapter (which suggests the 901 and 808 share the same thread pitch).

So in theory, with your 801 to 901 you should be good.

Anyone else care to verify?

EDIT: Take a look here: http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php?title=Brand_and_Model_Compatibility_Chart

I'm too tired to digest that nasty beast of a chart right now. Maybe tomorrow :)

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I have a feeling there might be something more to it. I remember seeing somewhere-i can't remember where- that even though the thread pitch is the same, and the 901 atty has a female end, i can't know for sure without actually seeing a KR808D cartomizer up close. I think somewhere someone mentioned something about the draw being a little stiff. I think there might be an adapter so the 808 will fit on a 901, but for me that would be like having an adapter for an adapter for the 808! Two adapters at the same time?

I might just have to break down and buy some empty 808 cartomizers just to please my curiousity.

Yes it is, Dave. The people - who are so willing to help. Like you for helping Joe get his message where it needed to be. +1 to you for being such a good guy.

Aw. Shucks. unworthy.gif

Tektronik, I may be way off base here but I'm pretty sure that I've read that KR808 and 901 are the same base. If that's true, then your 801 - 901 adaptor should do the trick. I'm sorry that I don't have a 901 to be certain however. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in here. ;)

A little off topic but I've been feeling that I want more than one adaptor for each combination. That is, I use 801 - 510 but only have one adaptor. Yet there have been plenty of times I wished I had at least two so I could use, for example, 510s on both my devices (VP2 and VP PT). Am I the only one who wants multiple adaptors of the same purpose? Just curious, really.

From what I've been able to find,the kr8 cartos will work with 901 auto batts

but not with 901 manual batts.(no airflow).Seems that what you need for the cartos

to work on 901 manual style is an 808 adapter that has air holes.

I'm not familiar with the VP's but if they have sealed batt to atty connectors

then you'll probly need an 801 to 808d-1/901 adapter that has the air holes.

Or you can mod the 901 adapter with a dremel to make the air flow notches.

(just dremel a tiny groove across the batt side straight from outer edge across

center pin to opposite edge)Or you can try the staple mod to get the air flow on

a 901 manual batt.

Hope I was clear enough.I know what I'm sayin just don't know if I said it right :blush:

Aw. Shucks. unworthy.gif

Tektronik, I may be way off base here but I'm pretty sure that I've read that KR808 and 901 are the same base. If that's true, then your 801 - 901 adaptor should do the trick. I'm sorry that I don't have a 901 to be certain however. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in here. ;)

A little off topic but I've been feeling that I want more than one adaptor for each combination. That is, I use 801 - 510 but only have one adaptor. Yet there have been plenty of times I wished I had at least two so I could use, for example, 510s on both my devices (VP2 and VP PT). Am I the only one who wants multiple adaptors of the same purpose? Just curious, really.

So far I've been looking for multiple style adaptors to get more experiences with

the same mod.that way I can go from big vapor to big taste etc..

since taste is said to be different with the same juice in different attys

and at diff.volts and vapor is said to be better with some than others I want to

try them all!! That way sooner or later I can settle on what I like best and still

be able to change up for variety every once in a while.

So far I'm more interested in good taste than anything else but once in a while

I start craving the TH more.That's not much of a problem right now cause all

my juice is 24mg.Although I did notice that tobacco flavors give me better TH

than the sweet flavors.

And also,thank you Dave for gettin my post over to where it might help.

I've done a lot of reading but don't have the experience yet so I'll try to point

folks to where I found the info.

Now that Brandon got his answer, would someone care to help me figure out how I can use a cartomizer on my VP2?

I now have both adapters: the 801-to-901, and the 801-to-510.

Is the KR808D-1 cartomizer larger than the KR-510 that Brandon is looking for?

More importantly, How can I attach it to my VP2? Is there another adapter that I'm going to need?

From what I've read the kr8 does hold more juice than the new 510 cartos.

One thing I forgot to mention in my other post is,Are you aware of the

burning issues with the kr808's?I don't know personally but the pics

I've seen are not encouraging.Some say the issue can be avoided if you keep

the cartos really wet but it seems to me that defeats the advantage of using

the cartos.You'd be topping up as much as with a 510 etc.

Have you considered the greencig (not greensmoke) cartos?They have issues too

like not as much flavor and being a pain to refill but they don't have the burning issues. This is all just what I've read,no personal experience but it's

food for thought:)

Aw. Shucks. unworthy.gif

You're not the only one. Before I bought my VP2, I did a lot of reading. I was looking for a PV at 3.7 volts that would let me do the same thing you are trying to do. I ordered mine with just the 510 adapter. My last order from Vaprlife included a 901 adapter. My frind was selling his OEM 901, so I am using his attys. There's definitely a difference between 510 and 901 attys. I can't yet pinpoint the description, but there's something different. Maybe it feels like the 901 is a slightly cooler vape. I know that Midnight and Dulcis (less than 5mL left now!) both taste different on the same voltage but different attys. I've been suing 510s from the start, but now I think I'm preferring the sweeter flavors on the 901, and the tobaccos on the 510. I also notice that the 901 attys does not flood as easily, but that may just be me getting better at regulating drips. Each paycheck, I order more stuff. maybe this time it will be two 801 attys.

Back to my KR808 quandary; Since you have a VP2, you probably notice that the 901 adapter (I got mine from Vaprlife) already has a hole in the side. Putting a 901 atty-which also has a hole- gives you two holes for airflow. Curious, but if you say that the KR808 carto is already mate-able with the 901 adapter for our VP2, then it would work, but at a reduced airflow due to only one hole? Bah, I'm just gonna get the darn things and see for myself. Was hoping that someone here has already used an 808 with their VP2. Thanks for your advice.

From what I've been able to find,the kr8 cartos will work with 901 auto batts

but not with 901 manual batts.(no airflow).Seems that what you need for the cartos

to work on 901 manual style is an 808 adapter that has air holes.

I'm not familiar with the VP's but if they have sealed batt to atty connectors

then you'll probly need an 801 to 808d-1/901 adapter that has the air holes.

Or you can mod the 901 adapter with a dremel to make the air flow notches.

(just dremel a tiny groove across the batt side straight from outer edge across

center pin to opposite edge)Or you can try the staple mod to get the air flow on

a 901 manual batt.

Hope I was clear enough.I know what I'm sayin just don't know if I said it right :blush:

Hmmmmm. from what you just said, I may not need another 901 to 808 adapter with a hole, because my 801 to 910 adapter already has a hole....

Like I said earlier, two adapters together seems silly. Thanks for the info!

You're not the only one. Before I bought my VP2, I did a lot of reading. I was looking for a PV at 3.7 volts that would let me do the same thing you are trying to do. I ordered mine with just the 510 adapter. My last order from Vaprlife included a 901 adapter. My frind was selling his OEM 901, so I am using his attys. There's definitely a difference between 510 and 901 attys. I can't yet pinpoint the description, but there's something different. Maybe it feels like the 901 is a slightly cooler vape. I know that Midnight and Dulcis (less than 5mL left now!) both taste different on the same voltage but different attys. I've been suing 510s from the start, but now I think I'm preferring the sweeter flavors on the 901, and the tobaccos on the 510. I also notice that the 901 attys does not flood as easily, but that may just be me getting better at regulating drips. Each paycheck, I order more stuff. maybe this time it will be two 801 attys.

Back to my KR808 quandary; Since you have a VP2, you probably notice that the 901 adapter (I got mine from Vaprlife) already has a hole in the side. Putting a 901 atty-which also has a hole- gives you two holes for airflow. Curious, but if you say that the KR808 carto is already mate-able with the 901 adapter for our VP2, then it would work, but at a reduced airflow due to only one hole? Bah, I'm just gonna get the darn things and see for myself. Was hoping that someone here has already used an 808 with their VP2. Thanks for your advice.

I noticed the flavors seem rougher or / stronger on the 510 atty. I can't STAND ry4 on the 510 but I luv it on the 901.

Even my banana seems less sweet on the 510, so I think what you are talking about. In my case, I've gone from the 901 kit to an Ego, so I don't have any adapters to test the theory. (scratches that down on shopping list)

INNNNNNNTERESTING...

So far I've been looking for multiple style adaptors to get more experiences with

the same mod.that way I can go from big vapor to big taste etc..

since taste is said to be different with the same juice in different attys

and at diff.volts and vapor is said to be better with some than others I want to

try them all!! That way sooner or later I can settle on what I like best and still

be able to change up for variety every once in a while.

So far I'm more interested in good taste than anything else but once in a while

I start craving the TH more.That's not much of a problem right now cause all

my juice is 24mg.Although I did notice that tobacco flavors give me better TH

than the sweet flavors.

And also,thank you Dave for gettin my post over to where it might help.

I've done a lot of reading but don't have the experience yet so I'll try to point

folks to where I found the info.

I totally see what you mean! There are so many different variables out there that I'm trying to formulate my own constants.

My half-broken 510 passthrough (see "the finiky 510 pt") gives me constant 4.6 volts (wish it were 5) so I can see what my juices taste like a higher voltage. I might get a 3.6 cheapy passthrough to get the same consistency. Im thinking about this all the time because I notice that even with the same atomizer, a single juice's taste will change as a battery runs down, it's not that much of a difference, but it's there.

I noticed the flavors seem rougher or / stronger on the 510 atty. I can't STAND ry4 on the 510 but I luv it on the 901.

Even my banana seems less sweet on the 510, so I think what you are talking about. In my case, I've gone from the 901 kit to an Ego, so I don't have any adapters to test the theory. (scratches that down on shopping list)

INNNNNNNTERESTING...

That's it! You've called it! The 510 seems rougher/stronger. It does that to Dulcis (i've heard is is like RY4) and Midnight. I didn't know this until I used a 901. Now I wanna try the 801 and see what it does.......That will be on my shopping list for the 15th!

Thanks, and buy the way, I love the way you write! I can "hear" you in your words! Especially when you rant and rave. It's so cool!

That's it! You've called it! The 510 seems rougher/stronger. It does that to Dulcis (i've heard is is like RY4) and Midnight. I didn't know this until I used a 901. Now I wanna try the 801 and see what it does.......That will be on my shopping list for the 15th!

Thanks, and buy the way, I love the way you write! I can "hear" you in your words! Especially when you rant and rave. It's so cool!

I want to do the same thing. So now I have to go fumbling thru the suppliers and find one that sells adaptors AND something else I want, since paying for shipping on one little adaptor would not be that smart.

It's very interesting how the 510 and the 901 attys affect flavor. I figure my 901 PT must give about the same power as the Ego, so in my case I'm thinking it isn't the power level. I may get a 510 passthru at some point because A: saves battery life on my beautiful Ego

and B: The 901 PT is acting up anyway.

And thanks so much about the "talking".! It's the closest I can come to the GREAT AMERICAN NOVELIST I was once going to be. Until I discovered that creating a plot and then FOLLOWING a plot is really rather boring. LOL So I stick to chatting and poetry. Get your point across and get OUTTA there. LOL