Dse 905 & Screwdriver Questions

So I decided on the Ego. I

It comes with ONE Dura atomizer, and a pack of carts..... way cool

So I'm on dietsmokes.com

And I decide I want another atomizer. But Now cart is all ready to go and ... I have a question. Does the DURA and 510 have the same threads and use the same carts?

I'm only seeing pink duras and yuk.... and besides after all the raving I wanna try a 510

I sent an email to parked but I thought I might get a faster answer here depending how fast ya'll see my question. :)

They are the same atomizer. The dura is made by Janty. The 510 is made by Joye.

Thanks Nero! Brian and I were asking questions at the same time....when I went to look at view new....his question answered MINE - talk about fast answers!

Not to mention you answered faast tooo!!!!

So my Ego is ordered......now..... I wait...... the HARD part LOL

Thanks Nero! Brian and I were asking questions at the same time....when I went to look at view new....his question answered MINE - talk about fast answers!

Not to mention you answered faast tooo!!!!

So my Ego is ordered......now..... I wait...... the HARD part LOL

PS My answer from Parked came right after I posted the above, so fast response time GOOOOOOOOO Parked!!!

TeriJo,

congratulations on your soon to come EGO.

if the first impressions of a noob like me are any indication, i'd say you are going to be pleased with your decision.

i started with a 901 january 8th, ordered a DSE905 a week later, and have been very happy with it since.

i wanted a back up for the DSE905, and wanted something less conspicuous.

the first battery came off the charger for my new EGO a few hours ago, and i must say WOW this thing is amazing.

it hits like a two ton heavy thing. :unworthy:

three and a half hours in to the first battery and still going strong. :thumbsup:

as far as the DSE905's battery life, i did have one episode where i forgot to change a battery before going to work and ended up making it a total of 36 hours on one battery.

i did sleep for 7 of those hours though.

that happened during the second week i had it. i don't know if the same battery would do it again now. i swap them every 12 to 16 hours just to be safe.

Edited by thatbastarddon

Arno DOES NOT SELL THE SCREWDRIVER - it's a DSE 905 he sells

His web site says he sells the "Screw Driver Mod". Is this not THE Screwdriver? And why are you yelling? :rolleyes:

His web site says he sells the "Screw Driver Mod". Is this not THE Screwdriver? And why are you yelling? :rolleyes:

It's not the THE Screwdriver - it is the DSE 905 copy. The reason I was yelling is I had pointed this out already in this thread and no-one seemed to notice. I really object to people calling the 905 a Screwdriver as it is trading on someone else's product name to sell an imitation (which many consider inferior)

Thanks Prof, I'd noticed that no one seemed to pick up on that too. Probably a lot of people are not as well informed about the nuances of various models, and when an opportunity to become better informed presents itself, it doesn't get through - possibly due to innocent reckless enthusiasm? We're mostly newer vapers here and still in the "gosh wow" stage of happiness. Maybe not the most discriminating bunch? ;) Thanks for your input.

Thanks Prof, I'd noticed that no one seemed to pick up on that too. Probably a lot of people are not as well informed about the nuances of various models, and when an opportunity to become better informed presents itself, it doesn't get through - possibly due to innocent reckless enthusiasm? We're mostly newer vapers here and still in the "gosh wow" stage of happiness. Maybe not the most discriminating bunch? ;) Thanks for your input.

Thanks Dave - I have NO objection to people selling the 905, and feel that Sailebao (DSE) copying the Screwdriver is just one of those things that happens (especially with China ;) ). What I object to is vendors trading on the Screwdriver name to sell it. As this thread proves, it can lead to people thinking they are being offered an original SD where, it reality, its the 905. Lots of car makers copy each other, but if I want a Ford, I want a Ford not a Tata for example. (Nothing wrong with Tata - they own Jaguar)

Just my two sense.

The DSE-905 IS a copy and a bad one at that. I bought one right when they came out just because they were cheap and I wanted to see what the difference was. The 905 has a plastic connector between the bat case and the atty so that the led can lite it up, bad idea!!! This connection can break the first time you drop it. The original SD is made much better with the exception of the rear mounted switch that can break off if you drop it and it lands just right. There is a reason thy they sell replacement switches for the original. I have two original SD's that work great but I have done some tweeking on the switch to prevent it from breaking. The average user should not have to worry about such issues but it is a very well build unit.

I have recently purchased a new devise from a site called powervape out of the U.S. that is made very well and has the switch on the side. I've only had it about two weeks and I don't use my SD's anymore because I love the switch placement on the powervape.

The powervape is almost identical to the SD in construction but the switch placement makes it more user friendly. Powervape is located in the U.S. so the shipping time was like three days and it was cheaper than the original.

If you are looking for one or the other, definitely get the original SD before the DSE-905.

If you want to save some money, check out the powervape.

Good Luck!

Just my two sense.

The DSE-905 IS a copy and a bad one at that. I bought one right when they came out just because they were cheap and I wanted to see what the difference was. The 905 has a plastic connector between the bat case and the atty so that the led can lite it up, bad idea!!! This connection can break the first time you drop it. The original SD is made much better with the exception of the rear mounted switch that can break off if you drop it and it lands just right. There is a reason thy they sell replacement switches for the original. I have two original SD's that work great but I have done some tweeking on the switch to prevent it from breaking. The average user should not have to worry about such issues but it is a very well build unit.

I have recently purchased a new devise from a site called powervape out of the U.S. that is made very well and has the switch on the side. I've only had it about two weeks and I don't use my SD's anymore because I love the switch placement on the powervape.

The powervape is almost identical to the SD in construction but the switch placement makes it more user friendly. Powervape is located in the U.S. so the shipping time was like three days and it was cheaper than the original.

If you are looking for one or the other, definitely get the original SD before the DSE-905.

Good Luck!

THANKS! I actually wound up ordering an EGO lmao totally away from both of them.... but I will say that the DSE-905 has been improving with it's versions according the the reviews I've been watching.

I just kinda fell for the EGO as I went wandering about. Got it today and am having a lovely time :)

THANKS! I actually wound up ordering an EGO lmao totally away from both of them.... but I will say that the DSE-905 has been improving with it's versions according the the reviews I've been watching.

I just kinda fell for the EGO as I went wandering about. Got it today and am having a lovely time :)

I've thought about you several times today, Teri, and wondered if you got it. Glad to hear you did and are having a "lovely time" with it. Now we want to hear more!!!!!

Just my two sense.

Good Luck!

Good post, thanks. Yet another unit I need to check into? That's just not fair! biggrin.gif

Edit: Checked it out, I have a question - will the PowerVape take protected RCR123As? This is important! Thanks.

Edited by ddavelarsen

Good post, thanks. Yet another unit I need to check into? That's just not fair! biggrin.gif

Edit: Checked it out, I have a question - will the PowerVape take protected RCR123As? This is important! Thanks.

It should since I believe they are they same size bats, I don't use them so I can't be positive. I know the issues with bats exploding but I've been using my SD's for about a year with unprotected bats and for me it's worked out fine.

I do see more problems with the mods that push the voltage up past the 4 volt range and have two bats in the unit. The main problem is that when you have two unprotected bats in a device, one bat can actually take the power of the other and sort of overload.

I have always stayed with the single bat devices so that may be why I haven't had any issues.

I'm not saying you don't need to use protected bats but I just haven't seen I problem with the devices I've been using.

The original SD is designed so that, should a short cicuit occur (for example in an atomiser), the spring will melt and break the circuit. With a 3.7/4 volt device this is really the only likely cause of a battery "turning bad". (Of course if you maltreat a battery by charging it too fast or too much, that is a different thing) The problems with "venting with flame" reported have been almost exclusively with devices using two batteries and drawing a higher voltage.

Please remember that a "protected battery" is normally only protected against over- or under-charge - not against short circuit. (There are batteries with short-circuit protection, but most are not). I've used both protected and unprotected batteries for ages (in single battery devices) withour problem BUT I'm careful not to do things like put them in the charger upside down, and I use a slow charger... I treat batteries with respect.