Strange Spade Issue Too!

I just received my brand new awesome, very cool, tons of vapor, SPADE yesterday. Today it doesn't work :( First of all, one of the batteries that came with it doesn't seem to work at all..it's just a dud :( BUT, the big problems is that when I "click the button" with the atty attatched...NOTHING, but when I remove the atty and "click the button" the lights light up just fine ( a very cool purple I might add!!). What in the world is the problem???????? I did read another thread that was similar to this problem with a Spade; but I don't have any noises coming from the battery, and the button does not seem to be stuck or having a problem. I read about the one guy soaking his in ever-clear....no, no, I don't think I can do that....too scary ....Chris, somebody, anybody, HELP!!!

Edited by Char

try to back the atty off 1/4 turn. The center of the atty has probably been pushed in.

OK, I tried what you suggested with that same atty and two other atty's...same problem with all three (the other two I tried are brand new out of the bag) so, not one of the three new atty's I have works.

Any other suggestions?

I'd say make sure the threads on the Spade (and the attys) are absolutely clean, as the tiniest particle of anything conductive could be causing a short. Other than that, wait to hear from the supplier you got it from. If it's VaporTalk, I'm assuming you've started a ticket with Christopher. If you haven't, DO THAT HERE. Chris is the Spade expert, and will certainly make it right, even if you have to return it for repair or exchange.

As far as the "bad" battery goes, are you sure it charged correctly? Many people, including myself, have had minor issues getting the battery seated in the charger correctly. If the charger's red led isn't coming on and staying on after you plug it in, the battery is not charging.

Edited by SmokinHammer

Like SmokinHammer said, the charger those chargers can be a little tricky. Sometime you put the battery in and it goes green right away. I usually have to put the battery in and give it a little turn to get the charger to turn red.

I'd say make sure the threads on the Spade (and the attys) are absolutely clean, as the tiniest particle of anything conductive could be causing a short. Other than that, wait to hear from the supplier you got it from. If it's VaporTalk, I'm assuming you've started a ticket with Christopher. If you haven't, DO THAT HERE. Chris is the Spade expert, and will certainly make it right, even if you have to return it for repair or exchange.

As far as the "bad" battery goes, are you sure it charged correctly? Many people, including myself, have had minor issues getting the battery seated in the charger correctly. If the charger's red led isn't coming on and staying on after you plug it in, the battery is not charging.

Hey 'SmokinHammer'..thanks, I did order the Spade from VaporTalk and did start a ticket; just haven't heard back yet. I have cleaned and cleaned those threads on the atty & battery connection with no results..is there something I should clean it "with" I'm just using a paper towel. Regarding the battery...it really was just a "dud" right out of the box and the thing is, that it says it's "charged" with a green light on the charger. I even looked at a picture here somewhere of how to seat the battery properly into the charger....well the lights on the SPADE battery pack light up, so I'm "thinking" it's charged correctly...it's a mystery and is making me "manic"....

The good news is that I have my 801 for a back-up cause I'm totally addicted to this vaping thing and I for sure do want to go back to those yucky cigs. And after all the $ I've spent on all of this..my hubby might just choke me out if I even looked at a regular cigarette :( thanks again for your help.

Hey 'SmokinHammer'..thanks, I did order the Spade from VaporTalk and did start a ticket; just haven't heard back yet. I have cleaned and cleaned those threads on the atty & battery connection with no results..is there something I should clean it "with" I'm just using a paper towel. Regarding the battery...it really was just a "dud" right out of the box and the thing is, that it says it's "charged" with a green light on the charger. I even looked at a picture here somewhere of how to seat the battery properly into the charger....well the lights on the SPADE battery pack light up, so I'm "thinking" it's charged correctly...it's a mystery and is making me "manic"....

The good news is that I have my 801 for a back-up cause I'm totally addicted to this vaping thing and I for sure do want to go back to those yucky cigs. And after all the $ I've spent on all of this..my hubby might just choke me out if I even looked at a regular cigarette :( thanks again for your help.

I would say its probably an issue with the device itsself. My girlfriend had this issue with the joker that she won and i had to make a scratch where the two parts of the body combine for it to work. Because it is painted and no bare metal the ground was not good on it. Thats why the lights light up when the atty is not on it. It is getting power just not enough to power an atty. Youll probably have to send it back unless you wanted to scratch up your brand new device.

Char, One other thing that I forgot to mention--If the battery is in the charger the wrong way (IE + where - should be) It will show it as being charged. Try flipping the battery over (the one you said was a dud). I had one labeled wrong and that worked for me. Good luck.

Char, One other thing that I forgot to mention--If the battery is in the charger the wrong way (IE + where - should be) It will show it as being charged. Try flipping the battery over (the one you said was a dud). I had one labeled wrong and that worked for me. Good luck.

oh thanks! I'll try that and see....

I would say its probably an issue with the device itsself. My girlfriend had this issue with the joker that she won and i had to make a scratch where the two parts of the body combine for it to work. Because it is painted and no bare metal the ground was not good on it. Thats why the lights light up when the atty is not on it. It is getting power just not enough to power an atty. Youll probably have to send it back unless you wanted to scratch up your brand new device.

:wallbash: that's a little scary for me to do! I think I'll wait till I hear from Chris...I've tried everything everyone has suggested..pretty sure I just got a "bad one" arrgghh! For sure it has power; the lights sure do light up, but not when I attach the atty...then it's just plain dead; no lights, nothing, ZIP. boo hiss. thanks tho for trying to help. I appreciate it :)

ok..thanks....gonna try the battery the other "way" maybe it's labeled backwards or something?? gggeeeezzzz...I'm an artist, not an engineer!!!! (maybe that's the problem here lol!!) I'll try this one more thing but I have to tell ya, Chris just called me :phone: and he's shipping me a new one YEA... :animier: he said it's the seal on the battery where the atty attaches; and that it needs to be repaired. What a great guy with a great company :thumbsup:

Sounds like a dead battery ,it has enough juice to light the LED but when you put it under load the protection circut board cuts it off.Any spare batteries?

only the two that came with the Spade...and one is was d.o.a. (it happens) I'm going to try the battery the "wrong way" go look at the last post re:Mark!

What can I say we try :)

Looks like this is actually a defective device, the center poll may not have been installed correctly, unfortunately every so often we get a bad one. But we're sending a char a new unit! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Seriously, thanks Chris for the call, and for standing behind your product :thumbsup: I sure do appreciate how you have taken care of this. Char

Hey CHar and Vt gang

I"m new Spade user and something I learned and I had a similar incident was that the protective sheath of the battery on the neg side if you don't sit juuust riight on the charger it doesn't make a proper connection since making sure eaxh time I have had no issues to my batteries charging and I'm going for a solid 24 hours one battery (LOVE IT !!! ) as to the atty not connecting I'm not sure of and is a Chris answer for that one good luck Char keep us posted.

Peace and Vape on !!

Angel :innocent:

I'm an artist, not an engineer!!!!

Char, what kind of art do you do? Do you have a website? Maybe you could start a new topic in the Vapor Lounge with a picture or two. I just took a closer look at your avatar, is that a piece of your work? It's hard to tell what it is because it's so small. Looks like it could be ceramic, or jewelery, or even painting. Whatever it is, it looks cool. My wife is a painter. She does very abstract, minimalist, colorful oils on canvas. Anyway, good luck with the new Spade and please share your art with us!

Char, what kind of art do you do? Do you have a website? Maybe you could start a new topic in the Vapor Lounge with a picture or two. I just took a closer look at your avatar, is that a piece of your work? It's hard to tell what it is because it's so small. Looks like it could be ceramic, or jewelery, or even painting. Whatever it is, it looks cool. My wife is a painter. She does very abstract, minimalist, colorful oils on canvas. Anyway, good luck with the new Spade and please share your art with us!

Go to Char's profile page and she has a link to her art work there.

Hey SmokinHammer...I will go to the lounge and post something for you :) I do architectural rendering for a living; and when I'm not doing that...I paint mostly in oils. And yes I do have a website..I'll post that in the lounge too....I don't think I'm supposed to do that here right? I LOVE abstract and minimalist! And I do enjoy doing something "really simple" there just isn't a big market here for that kind of art and a girl has got to make a living somehow!!!

Hi Char, you can also create an album in the Gallery here and show off some of your handy work. :)

thanks...I'll do that sometime....who knew...I'd be on an e-cig site and talking abou art :) vaping and art YEA! and I don't even have to leave my studio anymore to go have a smoke...who knew!!!

WOW excellent work as a graphic artist I"m jealous LOL

ohhhh, I hardly think so. I have to ask you about your avatar tho....is that a picture of you? If it isn't, then I think you own my brother some money for using his photo without his permission!!! The first time I saw that picture, I actually had to check it out to see if is WAS my brother on this site. So, who is that?