Cleaning Atties

shane53806

i know there are a million ways everyone is cleaning their atties, but i thought i would post what i tried, i didn't find this method and it seems pretty easy. i have the janty ego as my main vapor smoke, i love it, i used some electronic spray cleaner on two of my atties and it seemed to work really well. i just sprayed in the main cavaity and in the inlet hole, with the little spray hose, then let them dry overnight. not sure of the longevity of the atties with this method, but i will keep you posted. i just know this was really easy and the atties look like new and taste great. if someone knows a reason not to use this method please let me know..thanks everyone

I'm not familiar with electronic spray cleaner. Are there any chemicals in it that you'll be vaping into your lungs when you fire it back up?

i used JAX electrical contact cleaner. it's for cleaning oil, dust, dirt or varnish off of electrical componets. guess i never thought about left over chemicals when i vape. i just know it's a quick drying non-flammable type solvent

I'd have to agree with Brian. I would be worried about the cleaning chemicals used in electronics cleaning solution. These are not meant to be heated up and inhaled in the lungs. Of course, I'm no doctor but I would be very hesitant to do this.

I'd have to agree with Brian. I would be worried about the cleaning chemicals used in electronics cleaning solution. These are not meant to be heated up and inhaled in the lungs. Of course, I'm no doctor but I would be very hesitant to do this.

thanks guys thats why i posted this to see if it was a good idea or not. i will have to due alittle more research, i am just trying to find a simple method that is effective and safe

thanks guys thats why i posted this to see if it was a good idea or not. i will have to due alittle more research, i am just trying to find a simple method that is effective and safe

My atty began to have a slight burnt taste last night after about two weeks of use...I ran it under hot water for a minute, blew it out against a paper towel...then dropped it is a small glass with some vodka. I let it soak for about 20 minutes then blew it out again (vodka evaporates very quickly and I dont mind if I ingest a little bit). I then primed it with a couple drops of juice and threw it all back together. Burnt taste is completely gone :)

I haven't tried this yet, but my buddy uses white vinegar to clean his coffee pot and just drops his 510 attys in there and heats it up. After 10 minutes or so, he's done cleaning both and rinses out the attys with hot water. Then he lets them dry on a paper towel over the heating vent.

Like I said, I have not personally tried this but I am going to. I have used the Coca Cola method and, either I'm doing it wrong or, it has been very disappointing.

Happy Vaping.

Personally I gave up on all the cleaning of atty's about 6 months ago.

every couple days I drain my attys--

using a papertowel or kleenex--just twist a corner and push into the open end of the atty and let drain for a couple hours (amazing how much old liquid is removed)

when I am ready to use again--reprime with 3 drops of liquid and vape.

This method works great for flooded attys too-just leave the kleenex/papertowel in place for about 5 minutes--reprime and vape.

I have only lots 3 atty's in the last 6 months. I am a moderate to heavy vaper.

If that fails and I am still not sure if the atty is dead or dying--I use my multimeter.

(510 atty's)

first set your meter to 200 OHM the touch the red probe to the black probe and you should get a reading of 00.0 if you dont and you get something like 00.2 just subtract the # from the reading you will get from the atty. Ok put the RED probe into the small hole on the battery side and the Black probe into the small hole on the SIDE of the atty or on the thread you should get a reading of 2.2 - 2.9 thats a good strong atty if you get anything above 3.2 send it back..lol the lower the # the better

Now the battery is done the same way EXCEPT set the meter 20v in the DCV section RED to the metal (Dent) on the battery or if you have a Mega just put it on the end that connects with the atty and the Black try and put it on the little gold band You will need to have someone hold down the batt switch while testing ..A half charged battery should read 3.6 - 4.2.

I know other things can affect voltage--but this at least gives me a baseline to work with.

Atty's are considered a disposable item--I figure 1-2 months per atty is pretty good.

Just my opinion though.

Happy vaping to all

I agree that's what i do,got 4 attys, at end of each day that atty get an everclear soak til the morning, so i'm always rotating them always clean.. :thumbsup:

This is a great idea, time to find some everclear. Do you think this would have any impact on longevity?

I have used hydrogen peroxide followed up by a water rinse and then airgun to clean atty's.It works but not for long.Once an atty is too far gone the best bet is to replace the atty.Besides there is nothing like a new atty vape!