Fluval Me.

Dat's da schtuff!! cut a small piece and pinch and roll it up, shove it into cart and trim off the end. Drip, Vape, Repeat.

Is 244 different? That's what I see in a video I found...anyone?

http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Water-Polishing-Models-6-pack/dp/B0019CUA58/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1266977036&sr=1-17

actually I prefer the fluval 2 plus

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753129

The fluval 2 plus is closer to the consistency of the original cart filler. It is not as fluffy and has less fine hairs floating around.

currently trying the blue filler--will probably end up going back to the fluval--

Just make sure you don't pack the filler into the cart too tightly--loose is good and wicks better.

Not to confuse the issue -- any Fluval will work, it is just a matter of how you pack it into your cart. You will get the hang of it and know what works best for you.

Hence my confusion, the video Brian points people to and the one I referenced made it clear, at least in their opinion, they are not the same. I think one said some won't work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fTNO_fCugs

But I figure it really does look like any will be okay, one thing is the 242 referenced that started this thread reads as "fine" on the box.

Edited by FTJoe

Not to confuse the issue -- any Fluval will work, it is just a matter of how you pack it into your cart. You will get the hang of it and know what works best for you.

Well the absolute best is Aquaclear You get it at Petco for 2.50 block, Make BFD (blue foam dart),, with cut q-tip as the straw, it will suck it dry to the bone every time no leakage, vapor and TH are the best, best mod out there an i've tried them all.. :thumbsup:

Maybe need to rename to the ACD (aquaclear dart) lol

Edited by cmdryker

Ann, This is clearly personal choice, there is no right or wrong. Whatever works for you will be okay, heck some people still use polyester batting from the fabric store, some use tea bags, coffee filters, etc. Any Fluval (except charcoal) will work. As in my over 1 year of using various items I feel I have tried pretty much every suggestion and settled on any Fluval that my local store carries, just pack it the way you need to as you will know if it holds enough juice and draws the way you want it to. All the above fillers seem to work -- just each one performs differently, again whatever works for you is a personal preference.