Janty Stick Battery

Brian

The Janty still uses unprotected 10440 and the spade uses protected 10440's. The eGo will last much much longer but the batteries are more expensive to replace. It's a trade off. :)

Didn't want to get off-topic so I'm starting a new thread.

Ok - so why do they use unprotected batteries? I thought from looking at the pics and that they say 320mah that they were unprotected... same battery that's in the USB PT battery box. I was thinking of getting the new Janty Stick, but now I'm not so sure. Why do they use unprotected batteries, and is the unit safe?

Adding to my confusion - the Janty site says this:

"2 x SPECIAL E-cig rechargeable batteries 320 Mah Protected (not AAA battery!!!)"

But then says this:

"The batteries used for the stick are CHEAP rechargeable 360 MaH E-cigar batteries. You can find these batteries in our shop as accessories. AAA batteries can NOT be used for the JANTY STICK. A special e-cig battery wallcharger is also available in our shop."

The unit is safe because it cuts off. A custom modification usually has minor circuitry inside if any at all, it's a "dumb unit" so it needs to use protected batteries in the event they are ever discharged to fast. (Which usually only happens if it's pulling more amps than the batteries can handle) The Janty stick however has a cut off, it has circuitry in side which will stop it from discharging to low. The 510 battery does the same thing, when it starts to blink, thats the protection mode kicking in :)

Adding to my confusion - the Janty site says this:

"2 x SPECIAL E-cig rechargeable batteries 320 Mah Protected (not AAA battery!!!)"

But then says this:

"The batteries used for the stick are CHEAP rechargeable 360 MaH E-cigar batteries. You can find these batteries in our shop as accessories. AAA batteries can NOT be used for the JANTY STICK. A special e-cig battery wallcharger is also available in our shop."

I know my JS V2 was unprotected. My spade battery charger walked away so I've been using my JS to charge my protected Spade 10440. I first tried fitting the slightly longer protected battery into s USB Passthrough I have to charge and it was really to tight a fit. JS seems to do the trick...

Ah - thanks Chris. Thinking of getting one for my wife - want to make sure it's safe. Can you use the protected 10440's in it, or are they to big?

Brian,

The protected 10440's are too big, you can cram them in there, however they don't work as well. With the built in protection module in the JS, and the PCB on the battery, it does not output enough power... Gotta stick with the unprotected for the JS, but they are cheap. I just got 3 of em for under $9 bucks..

The batts that I just got with my Janty Stick V3 have "10440p" printed on them. Does the "p" mean they are protected? These are blue batts and about 1/8 of inch shorter than the gray Trustfire protected 10440's I use with my Spade.

The batts that I just got with my Janty Stick V3 have "10440p" printed on them. Does the "p" mean they are protected? These are blue batts and about 1/8 of inch shorter than the gray Trustfire protected 10440's I use with my Spade.

Not sure what the "p" means, but that's the same thing that is on the batteries that came in my usb pt battery box.

IRC10440P 320 mAH

Ok got my answer from Jeff at Janty,

New stick "Protected" batteries available!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have the new protected e-cigar, jantystick batteries available for immediate shipping. The battery model # is 10440P and they are 320mah.

Let us know if you have any questions...

Jeff

Janty USA