Metallic Flavor

Scarlette

I know that if you don't have enough juice in the atomizer then you will get a metallic flavor. I have put 4 drops in the atomizer and still have a metallic flavor. Yesterday the flavor was great and the vapor was plentiful. Today the vapor is not quiet as much and the flavor is not good at all. Help?

Hi Scarlette, All I can figure is that there is a break in period for the atty. You said yesterday you got great vapor and flavor and today not so much, Could it be that you flooded the atty? 4 drops in the spade is a bit much. I usually find 3 to be plenty. Try blowing out the atty ( disconnect from the battery and blow through the bottom into a paper towel) re-drip and see if that helps. If not check back in, I'm sure there will be more answers.

Hi Scarlette, I would think as you use it today that metallic taste will go away. I assume your atty sat overnight with some juice inside of it. I think once this leftover juice gets used up you will again have the same experience you had yesterday. Let us know how it does today. :)

Oh, that may be it. I didn't realize you weren't suppose to leave juice in it overnight. So, it sounds like you are suppose to clean it out every night. Yes? I don't like asking so many questions and it would have been helpful if some sort of instructions had come with it.

Edited by Scarlette

Oh, that may be it. I didn't realize you weren't suppose to leave juice in it overnight. So, it sounds like you are suppose to clean it out every night. Yes? I don't like asking so many questions and it would have been helpful if some sort of instructions had come with it.

I leave juice in my atty every night :D I guess I've just grown accustomed to the first few hits in the morning not being up to par. Please don't worry about asking too many questions, that is what this forum is all about.

Hello Scarlette...You can never ask too many questions. That's how we all learned about e-cigs in the first place.

Hope the atty works out ok.

Good Luck and happy vaping.

Also, you can get a bad taste if you constantly change flavors in your atomizer. It is best to have a atomizer for each flavor type(fruit flavors, warm flavors like coffee and chocolate, tobacco flavors, and menthol.) When I started vaping I had a sample set of juice. When I was testing them I changed the flavor about every half an hour. It started tasting like crayons. If you use one atomizer for all your flavors then when you put in a new flavor use it at least until the old flavor is gone before you change the flavor again.

This usually happens when you've vaped with not enough juice, usually vaping straight for 30 minutes or so will rid of the taste, if the taste doesn't disperse it's what we refer to as a "partial burn" in which part of the atomizer was damaged and that taste will probably remain.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed with all of the above, some attys are just plain stubborn to break in as well. may take a day or 2, unless your a vapor vacumm like some of on here! lol

Hey! I work really HARD to be a vapor vacuum, LOL!

We vapor vacuums also notice a metallic taste when the atomizer needs to (ugh, work) be cleaned, too. It usually gets harder to draw, too. Had that happen just last night. After even a quick & dirty cleaning, the metallic taste was gone.

Teresa, Pushing the Vaping Envelope