Walmart, Paypal And The Ecig

tiempo

Okay, so Walmart started selling ecigs on their website. Great! The more mainstream ecigs become, the better! Walmart accepts Paypal for all purchases, including the ecig (just press add to cart, paypal is prominently featured as a pay option)

So, my question is, if people are being banned from paypal for using it to sell anything ecig related, why is Walmart allowed to?

Yes, I understand Walmart carries a BIG stick, but they still are ecigs. Im wondering if anyone here has personally been banned from Paypal over this issue?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11996499&findingMethod=rr#rr

p.s. My intention is not to raise any issue that would cause Walmart to pull the product due to Paypal's rules, just wondering why there is a double standard.

I used paypal to order something related to e-cig. I had no problem. I didn't know at the time that they were against it. Mabey it went through because of the words used to describe the product. I think paypal doesn't trust the e-cig companies and suppliers and they don't want to be bothered by complaints. By doing so with Walmart doesn't seem right to me either. I guess they can always forward complaints to Walmart and get a response. By the way, I've ordered from more than 10 suppliers and have no complaints whatsoever. The customer service and product delivery is exeptional by a large number of suppliers out there.

I think its INSANE that a retail store sells ecigs. But to be honest with you, I really dont see it going anywhere. Exposure is exposure after all, maybe ill stop getting weird looks from vapin all around town and stuff =) Then again i do use a Janty stick.

I dont know whether this is good or bad yet.

What it boils down to is the almighty $ you know how much paypal would lose if they cut off someone as big as WalMart me while someone like Joe Shmoe selling a bottle of e-liquid will cost them nothing in the wallet. So the you go being a hypocrite in a nutshell. :thumbsdown:

What model is it ..Kinda looks like a 901 cart but im not sure....IF the carts are 901's then all I need is a few 901 atties for my KR batteries and I have a local backup if I need it..

Best thing about this Is I can say they sell these things at Wal-Mart and the people that ask about them will know its for real if Wal-Mart has it they must be OK LOL...

I was mad about the Pay-Pal thing especially since Arno at Awesome Vapor used them until they switched to something else and I order regularly from them.

Pay Pal will come around someday the $ is headed that way more and more...IF they want some they better get right!!!

• 2 months later...

Thtree of the vendors I use have been hosed by PayPal in the past .Thier money was held up for a spell and the site were effectivly shut down until alternative accounts could be arranged for credit card transactions.I am not a very big fan of PayPal or Wal-Mart for that matter.Wal-Mart used to advertise about having a lot of American made product but now I don't think they have any.

They musta pulled them. I can't find anything e-cig related at WM dot com.......

Yeah I think so. I did a search and could only come up with the gum & lozenges

• 2 months later...

Okay, so Walmart started selling ecigs on their website.

hmmm don't know if this is still on going but my 2 cents....once upon a time anything "cigarette" related could not be paid for through most banks/credit cards (except discover) due to Banks-Tabacco Industry- Big Pharma and Wall Street all in one big family bed. Most of Walmarts goods are from China and they just moved into #2 slot of economic totem pole over Japan, with U.S.A being in huge debt to both this could get politically interesting lol!