Dark Color Vg Juice

Brian

A while back I got some Rath Waffle and I liked it okay - pretty good, but something you have to be in the mood for. I tried it on 5V once and the taste was just awful so I only used it on 3.7v after that and never had any other issues. So now I've been trying some of the VG flavors that my wife picked out and I'm finding that the dark colors have a very disgusting taste when it's time to drip. Specifically, Avejuice Caramel and Rath Rootbeer Float. While I really like the flavors, you're left with not doubt when it's time to drip. Honestly, I don't think I can use these because it tastes so bad when after a few good drags. Maybe I'll try them with a cart. Anyone else experience this? I'm serious about how bad the taste is. :sick:

I guess I haven't really seen any flavor this dark in PG, but if there are, do they do this also?

Hrrmm, thats very odd indeed :iiam:

Yea. But it's only on the dark colors (and I can add french toast to that list).

I'm trying to get my wife converted, but she wasn't able to vape PG. I treid the Rath waffle and she was able to use it, so she pick out some new flavors to try. I've just been sampling them... banana, blueberry, watermellon, banana cream pie - all good - no problems. Only the dark ones do this.

I think it has to do with what ever they use to get the intense sweet flavor.I have noticed with all the domestic juice I have tried that they have lotsa flavor sometimes too much and something in them carbons up my atty's very fast.Some of them are good enough it is a good trade off some not so much.I tend to stay with the Dekang from Electronicstix and whatever kind Awesome vapor sells.

I've been trying the soda flavors, and the Pepsi and Root Beer have been great. Mtn Dew, not so good. But I just got some Dr Pepper from Wordup which is darker than most. It's not good either. Kind of has a mouth burn to it. only other juice I have which is a little darker is 555. But it's fine.

Interesting thread Brian, thanks. I wonder what they use to sweeten the mixes? I can sure see how sugar would carbonize on the atty, which might both taste awful and reduce its useful life. All the juice mixing 'secrets' are pretty arcane stuff; not for the faint-of-heart. At least you know to avoid dark ones for now.

I've actually heard this about Rath juice, Grimm Green ordered some juice from Rather and said it wasn't good at all. They are still working out their mixes I think, I would contact them and ask for another bottle.

I may shoot Jason an email to get his thoughts, but it's not just Rath... the Avejuice caramel is the same way.

I obviously have no experience on this topic as I've not received my flavors from Rath yet (hopefully tuesday?). But as Chris stated, GrimmGreen did a review of his waffle juice (i've watched every one of his videos btw, the dude is awesome). The first one he received was total crap. Second one was totally awesome (1st one was very light, second one very dark).

Here's the vid since he explains it better:

I'm interested to see if I have the same experience.