Batteries Dead On Arrival

starri

Hello E1,

I ordered 2 auto batteries for my 510. Put on for charge with usb and they registered full charge....not true....when I tried to vape of course there was no led...no power in battery but yet all chargers usb and wall register them fully charged??? New to ecigs and so far not a happy camper...what the heck is the issue??? Not one...but both.

Hey starri, The first thing I would do is check the connection between the battery and the atomizor. Also, are you sure that the atty is good? Where did you order from? The only other thing I would suggest is to put them on the charger for a couple of hours, then check them. Let us know how it turns out.

Hey starri, The first thing I would do is check the connection between the battery and the atomizor. Also, are you sure that the atty is good? Where did you order from? The only other thing I would suggest is to put them on the charger for a couple of hours, then check them. Let us know how it turns out.

First thank you for fast response. Had batteries charging now for about 6 days. LOL...what a bummer. The atty is brand new...ordered both at same time. New batteries, new atomizers. I have a "manual battery I borrowed from friend and hers recharges just fine. I think I received 2 deadbeat batteries...maybe unusual..but it has happened. Company is replacing, but not til after chinese new year.

Welcome to the forum..I agree with Mark(hate too..LOL) but clean and check the battery to atty connections. Also, try gently blowing down into the little hole in the battery and see if it lights. And lastly I'd try another atty to see if it works.

Good luck in your quest and let us know how it works out. Happy vaping.

Welcome to the forum, starri. I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having. What a bad way to get started with vaping. Hopefully the new batteries will be fine and you'll be good to go. Keep us updated on it, but until then ask any questions you might come up with. We'll do what we can to help.

Welcome to the forum..I agree with Mark(hate too..LOL) but clean and check the battery to atty connections. Also, try gently blowing down into the little hole in the battery and see if it lights. And lastly I'd try another atty to see if it works.

Good luck in your quest and let us know how it works out. Happy vaping.

hahahha....I gotta tell ya..I feel kinda ridiculous blowing my batteries. Well I couldn't get a light, either I'm no good or definitely batteries.

Hello E1,

I ordered 2 auto batteries for my 510. Put on for charge with usb and they registered full charge....not true....when I tried to vape of course there was no led...no power in battery but yet all chargers usb and wall register them fully charged??? New to ecigs and so far not a happy camper...what the heck is the issue??? Not one...but both.

Hello This Is Jeffrey I think that The USB port you are using does not have enough power to charge them.

I could be wrong but I find that the auto battery when charged on A usb ,if the USB does not have sufficient power they will not charge it will stay green and you will think they are charged.

This will happen with a laptop or older model PC , It is also Possible that you received a couple of bad batteries.

Thanks Jeffrey

hi,

I would agree but wall charger does same thing. Registers them green...never see red light. Plain and simple batteries are dead. Just disappointed my first exper. ends this way. Sucks to be me. Thanks for all the help

I would notify the supplier and see what they say. Most suppliers are good about replacing duds. Where did you get them?

If you've tried different charges and the atty works on someone elses batt, then it sounds like bad batteries (or two bad chargers).

Try taking a paper clip and inserting into the little hole and moving the switch, do it gently, but you should be able to feel it going up and down, I had one stick and it wasn't charging although it said it was charged, I was able to free it up with the paper clip and it charged fine then and haven't had a problem since.

Here's another mystery. When I plug into usb or wall unit LED comes on blinks twice like charging and gone?????

This is actually want you want to happen. The blinking LED is to let you know it's charging.

Because the battery is new I don't think loosening up the switch or cleaning it will help. If after the battery blinks it still does not charge I would suggest just having them replaced. It's rare that a kit has 2 dead batteries. Is this an SLB 510 or a Joye 510? I would ask the supplier.

HI Starri, if i were you i would buy at least one battery to use until the replacements come [from another supplier]. The batteries don't last forever anyway and it wouldn't hurt to have extras. you said you'd like to have manuals and could even get a longer lasting 'mega' battery if you wish. sorry to hear you had problems and good luck.