Please Help

Ethan118

Hello all. I just watched a review from youtube by ChrisFromCali and he made some good points for us newbs. Heres the link

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6njcPqo2oM&feature=related)

Now im very new to Ecigs. I have been doin alota reserch on finding the best ecig for me. As of now im heading towards the "Blu".

Now I know theres alota mixed reviews out there for this product, but im cerious what you guys think. Heres what im lookin for in a Ecig:

1. I would like a decent amount of vapor, but im not too picky about it.

2. Battery life should be between an hour or two (Blu cigs have a great battery charging option which I think would make it where i would never run outa Bat life.)

3. Flavors need to be rich with a good throat hit.

4. Size, now I switch between 100s and regulars quite often. But for my Ecig id like somthing small. As far as what ive been reading the Blu is the smallest.

5. Reliable, strudy, but not too heavy.

6. Good customer service! Good value for the money!

Blu Starter kit:

25 carts (only 5 flavors avalible)

2 batterys

2 atomizers

USB Charger

Wall Charger

Blu Pack Charger (which is great)

Online Retail Value: 59.95 W/O tax or shipping.

Link (http://www.blucigs.com/checkout/cart/)

What are your thoughts on this. Please help me out ima be buying one very soon and id like to best for my money.

Thanks.

Welcome to Vapor Talk Ethan! You found a great place. thumbsup.gif We love answering questions around here. ;)

I would definately disuade you from purchasing a blu. These units have a very hit-or-miss reputation - mostly miss. You will find that most experienced vapers will recommend a Joye 510 kit for your first experience. It's a quality device with a solid reputation. You'll get consistent results with plenty of battery life as you describe that. You can find these in the Suppliers section on Vapor Talk.

The cartomizers (the 'filter' unit that includes both atomizer and cartridge) like those used in the blu are okay, and for many they are desireable due to the reduced maintenance vs separate attys and carts. But with this convenience you sacrifice a Lot of affordability. You will find that refiling carts, or better, direct dripping onto the atty, is far more economical and provides a more consistent vaping experience.

Take a look at the video section in the forum. You'll find many product reviews and helpful instruction for newbies. Others will come along shortly to give you more and better advice than mine, so keep reading. The folks here all want to help you succeed in your new, healthy life. Good luck and have fun!

Welcome to Vapor Talk Ethan! You found a great place. thumbsup.gif We love answering questions around here. ;)

I would definately disuade you from purchasing a blu. These units have a very hit-or-miss reputation - mostly miss. You will find that most experienced vapers will recommend a Joye 510 kit for your first experience. It's a quality device with a solid reputation. You'll get consistent results with plenty of battery life as you describe that. You can find these in the Suppliers section on Vapor Talk.

The cartomizers (the 'filter' unit that includes both atomizer and cartridge) like those used in the blu are okay, and for many they are desireable due to the reduced maintenance vs separate attys and carts. But with this convenience you sacrifice a Lot of affordability. You will find that refiling carts, or better, direct dripping onto the atty, is far more economical and provides a more consistent vaping experience.

Take a look at the video section in the forum. You'll find many product reviews and helpful instruction for newbies. Others will come along shortly to give you more and better advice than mine, so keep reading. The folks here all want to help you succeed in your new, healthy life. Good luck and have fun!

Great Thanks! I love how fast the forum posted a comment on my post :D

I have a few questions

Does the joye510 have a charging pack like the Blu Pack?

Does the joye510 have a warrenty? or a 30day money back?

Whats the difference between manuel and automatic batterys?

I have more but my Internet explorer crashed after i wrote my reply :X hate that!

Anyways if theres a person here who has tried the Blu and has a non biased opinion on it please lemme know what you think.

I do realize everyones opinion is a bit different on these things and not everyone is goin to recive a perfect working stoge all the time.

So for those E-cig Vets out there your posts will be much appreciated!!

Thanks again ddavelarsen for your post.

No matter what device you get it can be filled with and juice. The Vapor Talk Store has some of the best juice out there. I use a joye 510 and sometimes 701 e cigar. They both work great but when the cigar atty dies it is not replacable. The 510 is a vapor monster and works good with higher voltage modifications. The standard battery life isn't real good but it will last long enough until the other one charges! We're here for you if you have questions. Welcome to Vapor Talk.

Hi Ethan. I'll address one of your questions now then I gotta get to a meeting. :) The auto battery turns on when you pull on the end of the e-cig. To get vapor going you need to do one or two primer puffs, then pull for your vapor. With a manual battery, you depress a switch to turn on the battery. A benefit to the manual battery is that liquid cannot leak into it and short it out like the auto batts can. Another benefit to the manual battery is control - you just have better control of the timing of your drag.

Good questions, keep asking and we'll get you set.

Oh - warranty. I can't say for sure, but I know that our vendors will stand by their products. I'm "pretty sure" - don't quote me - you can get a PCC for the 510. But I might be wrong about that...

Great Thanks! I love how fast the forum posted a comment on my post :D

I have a few questions

Great, the members are awesome :D And welcome to the forums by the way :)

Does the joye510 have a charging pack like the Blu Pack?

You must be talking about what is called a PPC. And yes the 510 does have a PPC. (Personal Charging Case)

Does the joye510 have a warrenty? or a 30day money back?

Most suppliers offer a warranty, but do not offer a money back guarantee. But trust us we've been around for a while, your not going to want your money back. The Joye 510 WILL help you move away from tobacco. Just trust us, many have come and many have left tobacco behind.

Whats the difference between manuel and automatic batterys?

Well the short story is that auto batteries risk liquid entering into the unit. After a few weeks the battery may stop working, the is especially likely if you start to direct drip. (and you will) Manual batteries are sealed and instead have a little button on the side of the battery, you press that instead and the unit turns on.

I personally have used blu, in fact I've used every model on the market. Your buying into the look and not the quality, I get the feeling your looking to be convinced to buy blu, when in the long run your setting yourself up for disappointment. It's unfortunate but Blu does have an awesome look but I can't count how many times I've heard about unhappy customers and broken units. Save your money, get a Joye 510. I've tried well over 100+ models, the joye 510 is a great starter unit. The Janty Ego is also another great choice if you like the look. :D

Welcome to VT! Looks like all your questions have been answered. I know there were a few members here who started with the Blu, and the only good thing I've heard it that it worked well enough to be a good introduction to vaping, but wasn't satisfying enough. I've never heard from anyone who actually still uses the blu, only from those who started with it and moved on to the 510 or something else fairly quicly. Fortunately for me, I found VT before I made my first purchase and I went with the 510. As you can see from my meter below, it went quite well. :thumbsup:

I agree that the Janty Ego/Totally Wicked Tornado are very good options for equipment. But for a lower price - as much as half the cost - the Joye510 will get you into e-smoking, and the atomizers and cartridges are compatible with the Ego/Tornado.

I tried to start off with a 401-style e-cigarette (equivalent to the Blue you mentioned) and 3 hours later, deep into a nicotine fit, I was down at the 7-Eleven. Two days later I was given a 510 starter kit, with the manual battery, and I have never looked back. Not once, not for a second. I can go into a 7-Eleven and not even glance at the cigarrete display.

That was six months ago, and I am way down on daily nicotine fixes from my 2+ packs a day Marlboro 100's addiction to - well, I;ve never stopped to count my puffs-per-day, but I'm using 6mg nicotine liquid now, about 30ml per month - I order once a month.

There are vendors that sell the 510 starter kits for less than $35 (plus shipping). Buy a good liquid - if you think you want tobacco, I'd suggest a small (10ml or less) bottle of Dekang RY4 to try out this e-smoking stuff.

I wanted away from cigarettes. I hated them, hated the grip they held over me, was embarassed because I smked, mortified because I had tried to quit (and failed) so many times. There was nothing about smoking that I liked, but I still could not quit. I made it six months without a Marlboro once, and my addicition returned with a force that shocked me. Gum, patches, lozenges, prescription inhalers, couseling, hypnotism. Nothing worked.

These did. I'm still an addict, but my maintenance dose is much, much, much lower now. And the day I went to 100% e-smoking I still had three packs of Marlboros in the house. It took me a month before I tossed those packs in the trash.

Everyone is careful to point out that e-cigarettes are not a smoking-cessation product and are not marketed with any claim that they are smoking cessation products, so I will point it out too. But I also have to make clear that my ingoing purpose was not to quit nicotine, but to quit cigarettes - and these have worked. These are the only thing that have ever gotten me off the pack and separated me from my Zippo.

I can't imagine going back.

I agree that the Janty Ego/Totally Wicked Tornado are very good options for equipment. But for a lower price - as much as half the cost - the Joye510 will get you into e-smoking, and the atomizers and cartridges are compatible with the Ego/Tornado.

I tried to start off with a 401-style e-cigarette (equivalent to the Blue you mentioned) and 3 hours later, deep into a nicotine fit, I was down at the 7-Eleven. Two days later I was given a 510 starter kit, with the manual battery, and I have never looked back. Not once, not for a second. I can go into a 7-Eleven and not even glance at the cigarrete display.

That was six months ago, and I am way down on daily nicotine fixes from my 2+ packs a day Marlboro 100's addiction to - well, I;ve never stopped to count my puffs-per-day, but I'm using 6mg nicotine liquid now, about 30ml per month - I order once a month.

There are vendors that sell the 510 starter kits for less than $35 (plus shipping). Buy a good liquid - if you think you want tobacco, I'd suggest a small (10ml or less) bottle of Dekang RY4 to try out this e-smoking stuff.

I wanted away from cigarettes. I hated them, hated the grip they held over me, was embarassed because I smked, mortified because I had tried to quit (and failed) so many times. There was nothing about smoking that I liked, but I still could not quit. I made it six months without a Marlboro once, and my addicition returned with a force that shocked me. Gum, patches, lozenges, prescription inhalers, couseling, hypnotism. Nothing worked.

These did. I'm still an addict, but my maintenance dose is much, much, much lower now. And the day I went to 100% e-smoking I still had three packs of Marlboros in the house. It took me a month before I tossed those packs in the trash.

Everyone is careful to point out that e-cigarettes are not a smoking-cessation product and are not marketed with any claim that they are smoking cessation products, so I will point it out too. But I also have to make clear that my ingoing purpose was not to quit nicotine, but to quit cigarettes - and these have worked. These are the only thing that have ever gotten me off the pack and separated me from my Zippo.

I can't imagine going back.

You said you found a starter kit for under 35$? May i ask which site you went to? Becuz i can only find them cheapest at Awesome Vapor. (49.99+tax) for the starterkit. plus a free sample of e-juice. ARNO YOU ROCK!

You said you found a starter kit for under 35$? May i ask which site you went to? Becuz i can only find them cheapest at Awesome Vapor. (49.99+tax) for the starterkit. plus a free sample of e-juice. ARNO YOU ROCK!

A $35 kit probably only comes with one batt and one atty.... not sure though.

A $35 kit probably only comes with one batt and one atty.... not sure though.

Hello, this is my first post besides my introduction, and I actually can help with my opinion, I hope, our first ecig was a blue after tons of research I thought is was the best deal for the money, thank God it wasn't to bad or we wouldn't have gotten hooked, but very shortly after I received the blu I ordered a 510 for my husnband and another for myself one from Arno at awesome vapor and one from cignot ($35 with 2 atomizers)thay are both superior in shipping (within 3 days) we were like kids waiting for Christmas, so this was very important to us, especially when you first start vaping (like a machine) and realize :blink: yer almost out of juice (don't make the mistake of not ordering extra juice, like we did) My husband is very happy with the 510 manuals, we were both a pack to a pack 1/2 a day Marlboro Lt. smokers, Myself, I have gotten kinda attached to the sweet flavors, which I have found diminishes after the 510 atomizer gets broke in, and the only conclusion I can come to is that the atomizer, once broke in gets hot enough to burn most of the sweetness out of the flavor :angry: I have tried different venders for flavor, currently waiting for some from tasty vapor to see if they are as good as claimed, but I have read that the 801 doesn't burn as hot and gets you more flavor with less vapor, so I'm considering getting an 801, any advice on that would be welcome. But I would definately skip the blu and go straight to the 510. My blu has been unused since I got the 510's, though the batteries and atomizers are interchangeable.

ECF10 will get you a 10% discount at awsomevapor. VTALK10 will get you 10% at Electronixstix. :)

Ok all i just now purchased my 1st e-cig from arno. Im so excited and cant wait for it to come in. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with deciding.

I used the normal priority shiping method, and was woundering whats the time frame for that shiping method. a week? if you have ordered from Arno b4 plz lemme know how soon you recived your purchase. I feel like a kid on christmas morning (uber excited).

Thanks again

~Ethan

Ok all i just now purchased my 1st e-cig from arno. Im so excited and cant wait for it to come in. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with deciding.

I used the normal priority shiping method, and was woundering whats the time frame for that shiping method. a week? if you have ordered from Arno b4 plz lemme know how soon you recived your purchase. I feel like a kid on christmas morning (uber excited).

Thanks again

~Ethan

Hoorah for you :clap: Hopefully you will have an awesome experience and put the stinkies away for life! If you ordered today he will prolly ship tomarrow depending on if he sends out in the am or pm I'd bet you'll have them by Thurs. I live in Iowa and got them within 3 days. I know what it feels like to run to the mailbox for your new toy! :mail: I just hope you got plenty of juice, if yer like me and everyone else I've read about, you become a vaping monster can't get enough the first week, heck, I still can't get enough. In the meantime the more you read up on them I think, the better.

Congrats Ethan..You're on your way to a great experiance.

The 510 is a great place to start. Don't forget to get some extra juices (try the midnight or sweet dawn from VT store)

If it's USPS priority it should be to you in 2 to 3 days not counting Sundays.

So keep checking that mailbox.

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask...as you can see everyone is willing to help.

WAY TO GO!!!!

Sorry everyone - awsomevapor code is ecf10p. My bad.

N

Aww man I wish I new that earlier I just ordered it and added that code but didn't do anything to the price. Maybe Arno will see that code and realize I didn't put the (p) at the end and reimburse me. Oh well if not then it is what it is.