510 Usb Pt

I am losing power on my usb 510 pt. I switched attys and that got it going for several hits. I also took the battery out and reinserted it and that gave me a few more hits as well. I have only had it 3 weeks, do the batteries go that fast? Is the battery a standard aaa or is it a special battery? Thanks for the help. Jen

It is a 10440 3.7 volt battery ,the same as is used in some mods.,I have had pretty good luck with mine.Do you have a volt meter? Try a different usb port.

I think they are 10440's, but only 320mah so they are a little smaller than the normal 10440. Anyhow, a 10440 360mah will not fit. Mine say IRC10440P 320 MAH.

Edited by Brian

I am losing power on my usb 510 pt. I switched attys and that got it going for several hits. I also took the battery out and reinserted it and that gave me a few more hits as well. I have only had it 3 weeks, do the batteries go that fast? Is the battery a standard aaa or is it a special battery? Thanks for the help. Jen

Jen

As mcquinn said it's a 3.7 volt lithium battery. A standard AAA is only 1.5 volts.

If the PT work for a few puffs then dies, then works again for a short time, the battery is probably no good. I've had mine for about the same amount of time and it still works fine. You could try and clean the ends of the batteries with a pencil eraser and also the contacts on the charger and see if that helps. If not you should replace the battery before replacing the PT. Don't buy the protected 10440's as they won't fit in the inline charger as Nana mentions.

Wish you luck,

Edited by Ray

i got a 510 passthru a couple weeks ago at wordup ecig. [on vapor talk suppliers list]. it is a usb unit with no battery to go bad and has been working very well! at $15 and free shipping it might be worth considering.

Edited by kato07

I tried one of the batteries from my Spade in my 510 PT and it didn't fit. Too big. I've been using my pt for over 3 months now and it's still doing fine. Maybe I got lucky with mine.

That's because the Chinese passthroughs use unprotected batteries. The protected batteries (used in The Spade) are a tad larger. :)