Poisons In E-Juice?

Wannavape

I just read where the FDA said that they analyzed E-juice and found it to contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals. I thought it was reasonably safe. Can anyone elaborate on this?

The FDA studies where questionable at best. They claimed to have found 1 chemical (diethylene glycol) however it was in such extremely low quantities (we're talk micro grams here) that it's unlikely it would cause any effect on your body. With that said, even it if did indeed cause issues, common sense say one is better than 4,000 chemicals found in traditional tobacco.

It's also important to keep in mind that this was found ONLY in Smoke Everywhere's cartridges, it was not found in NJOY or any other supplier for that matter. The press however has had a field day with this one small test result.

The FDA studies where questionable at best. They claimed to have found 1 chemical (diethylene glycol) however it was in such extremely low quantities (we're talk micro grams here) that it's unlikely it would cause any effect on your body. With that said, even it if did indeed cause issues, common sense say one is better than 4,000 chemicals found in traditional tobacco.

It's also important to keep in mind that this was found ONLY in Smoke Everywhere's cartridges, it was not found in NJOY or any other supplier for that matter. The press however has had a field day with this one small test result.

Find one needle, in one haystack, and now jumping into a haystack is dangerous. :angry:

Edited by Ray

If you really want to be the safest, you can order from totally wicked. They certify all their juice is sourced and mixed in the UK and contain only pharmacutical grade PG and nicotine, plus flavorings I suppose. Not my favorite juices but certainly certified clean.

• 3 weeks later...

If you really want to be the safest, you can order from totally wicked. They certify all their juice is sourced and mixed in the UK and contain only pharmacutical grade PG and nicotine, plus flavorings I suppose. Not my favorite juices but certainly certified clean.

As I mentioned in another thread there are ingredients on TW liquids on the bottle. I don't know what they are and havn't looked them up but my brother said he worked with one of those and they are "bad". Also how about supliers in USA who claim 100 American Juice from American sources. It's funny how they run out of stock (juice)after the Chinese new year. What ingredients could they posibly be waiting for? Does it come from USA or doesn't it?

As I mentioned in another thread there are ingredients on TW liquids on the bottle. I don't know what they are and havn't looked them up but my brother said he worked with one of those and they are "bad". Also how about supliers in USA who claim 100 American Juice from American sources. It's funny how they run out of stock (juice)after the Chinese new year. What ingredients could they posibly be waiting for? Does it come from USA or doesn't it?

That's a good question Mike. Maybe it should be advertised as mixed in th USA not made in the USA. Does anyone here know of a US manufacturer (not supplier) of pure nicotine base liquid? Don't you have to have a pharmaceutical liscense to extract and make pure grade nicotine?

Hmmm... inquiring minds want to know.

That's a good question Mike. Maybe it should be advertised as mixed in th USA not made in the USA. Does anyone here know of a US manufacturer (not supplier) of pure nicotine base liquid? Don't you have to have a pharmaceutical liscense to extract and make pure grade nicotine?

Hmmm... inquiring minds want to know.

I don't, but I'm sure there's somebody(USA) that does extract nicotine for other reasons such as patches and gum; and I take "USA juice" with a grain of salt but I have come across at least one supplier that claims 100% USA "SOURCED" ingredients and this is why I brought that up........nicotine extraction is not a DIY activity and there will be much more said about this subject by local and federal gov in the near future. Let's all hope Uncle Sam says/does the right thing.

Looks like we've got ourselves a smart member! I've been saying this for a while, I call BS on most "American Made" E Liquid. I believe most of it is mixed. In fact some of the american made E Liquid have flavors very similar to that of which Lor Ann oils sells. In fact you can go down the list of flavors and match them up.

I think what most are doing is ordering the unflavored liquid from China, mixing it here in the states and selling it as American Made. One of these days it's going to back fire on them and I'm glad we have members who are starting to catch on. (I would like to mention that I believe Johnsons Creek and Vermont Vapor is in fact created in the states, however the rest I would use caution with)

And currently buying a bottle of nicotine just isn't going to happen without having some serious licensing. You can however purchase nicotine has a pesticide and break it down, but boy you better know what your doing...I'd rather stick with China.

This brings up another point. If these American mixed juices are being mixed at someones residence, what are the health & safety proptocols that are followed?

This brings up another point. If these American mixed juices are being mixed at someones residence, what are the health & safety proptocols that are followed?

That's exactly what I mean about something being done in the near future. This technology is here to stay and I can't see DIYers doing this for much longer without strict guidlines...and thanks for the compliment Chris, sometimes notice everything around me other times not but this whole vape thing is very interesting and I just got wind of it late last year.

Edited by Mike

The FDA is like a really bad parent, first they didn't do anything about vaping, then they aggressively tried to take it away from people, but that didn't work, so they tried scare tactics (really I guess it was both at the same time.) I wouldn't mind if they regulated some things to ensure the safety of people who vape, but at this point they just look like a bunch of meddling asses and I don't trust them, I really don't feel like they're looking out for my best interests.