Silver Band 510's

Brian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree ... I do not own anything with the color of gold metal at all ... I will not by gold coloring of anything ... jewelry, purses, clothing, etc., but if it works better then the plain Joye atties then that would be the first item I would have in gold ... lol... silver coloring should be an option as steel, pewter, and white gold are more popular then gold now a days.

I can only wear gold due to some allergies to other various metals. I happen to wear WHITE gold because I like it more than yellow and it looks better against my skin than yellow gold. So, I agree, Celtic, we need more choice in different metal colors than yellow. From the responses on this thread, this is important to people and manufacturers should listen to us. ;)

Thanks for the update/review, Brian. Sorry these attys aren't working out for you. :(

Hmmm honestly Joye makes there atomizers the same way each time every time. I don't see why all of a sudden they would move the air holes. The knock offs are starting to look closer and closer like genuine Joye products, but your right about one thing the mesh does not look like Joye mesh to me. I would have to see the atomizer in person to really tell for sure.

Could you take a picture showing the bottom of the atomizer? (If your camera has a Macro option then the closer the shot, the better)

I tried many shots, but this is the best my POS camera would do. :veryangry:

post-1693-126593338376_thumb.jpg

I did email innovapor explaining the issue. I was sure to point out that I have been vaping for a couple of months, and that I had gold band atty's from a "trusted supplier" (that would be VT)and have never experienced anything like this with those attys. I was polite and non acusatory - just asked if they were made differently than the gold band Joye 510's and if they had any suggestions. Got a reply a few hours later. The guy said he took one out of stock and tried it. Said it started off with low vapor, but picked up rapidly. He said continue working with them for a while and if the problem continues to let him know.

On a positive note, the 2nd atty has kicked in and is working okay, but just "okay". Still doesn't seem as good as my other atty's. I'll keep going at it.

post-1693-126593338376_thumb.jpg

Awwww, Brian...I'm so sorry. I hope they do replace them for you.

And I'll add my vote to the silver, pewter, white gold, option thing. I don't like gold either. Although I do have gold on some of my units, I'd replace it in a second with silver.

Awwww, Brian...I'm so sorry. I hope they do replace them for you.

And I'll add my vote to the silver, pewter, white gold, option thing. I don't like gold either. Although I do have gold on some of my units, I'd replace it in a second with silver.

Guess I'll way in on color also - my wife and I both preferred the platinum wedding rigns, and that's what we got. :thumbsup:

You know looking at the bottom of the atomizer it certainly looks like Joye. If you notice there is a tiny little rubber ring, your atomizers rubber ring is clear, Joye's are usually white. If it's a knock off or SLB they did a darn good job at replicating it.

This would be the perfect opportunity to use the Multiquote thing - except I don't know how to use it. (I've tried everything I could ever think of. I'm sure it's just me being old or something.) So this is addressed to all you "I-only-like-silver" folks: Not Me!

Here I go being odd man out again. ;)

I love gold! Gold is warm - it's the color of the sun, and honey. Honey is special - it has many wonderful applications! (Yummy!) Gold connotes quality and wealth, and leisure. If I could, I'd accessorize in gold as often as silver - and I love silver too. (And platinum. Even nickel.) Ah, but Gold! No metal is as sensual as gold. Gold color invokes warmth, and laziness. Gold-band attys must by association be leisurely! And of utmost quality! Yes? Sure!

All that said, I'd still prefer to buy attys that had a silver band, only because my VP2 and any future mod I might buy are going to be the color of their metal: silver. No matter what, I do have a sense of esthetics! :D You'll never find me combining plaids and stripes! At least, not blue plaids and green stripes... Or a gold-band atty on my VP2.

Well, unless it's the best atty out there. I will clash for quality.

he he!

You know looking at the bottom of the atomizer it certainly looks like Joye. If you notice there is a tiny little rubber ring, your atomizers rubber ring is clear, Joye's are usually white. If it's a knock off or SLB they did a darn good job at replicating it.

Well, I can say that the second atty has really kicked in now an is rockin. It's definately working as it should be right now. I think the break-in time on this second one has been pretty reasonable. I was so frustrated by the first one that I didn't give the second much time. I still try an occasion hit on the 1st one, but it's not doing much. I'll work with it some more later.

Well, I can say that the second atty has really kicked in now an is rockin. It's definately working as it should be right now. I think the break-in time on this second one has been pretty reasonable. I was so frustrated by the first one that I didn't give the second much time. I still try an occasion hit on the 1st one, but it's not doing much. I'll work with it some more later.

Sorry if it's already been talked about.... but what unit are you using them on?

The reason I ask is maybe you could try it on a 5v unit at first.

Sure seems like the "break in" faster on those than the regular batts.

Sorry if this is a worthless suggestion.... I'm not really "with it" today.

Sorry if it's already been talked about.... but what unit are you using them on?

The reason I ask is maybe you could try it on a 5v unit at first.

Sure seems like the "break in" faster on those than the regular batts.

Sorry if this is a worthless suggestion.... I'm not really "with it" today.

The first one I tried on the Spade, VP2 and on my VP/PT at 5V. I think the 1st one is a dud. The second one is still working fine though. I think I will put it back on the PT and give it some more time at 5v.

The first one I tried on the Spade, VP2 and on my VP/PT at 5V. I think the 1st one is a dud. The second one is still working fine though. I think I will put it back on the PT and give it some more time at 5v.

Sweet! I figured that's what you were using them on. If only one dud... I guess that's not TOO bad. :thumbsup:

I can only wear gold due to some allergies to other various metals. I happen to wear WHITE gold because I like it more than yellow and it looks better against my skin than yellow gold. So, I agree, Celtic, we need more choice in different metal colors than yellow. From the responses on this thread, this is important to people and manufacturers should listen to us. ;)

Thanks for the update/review, Brian. Sorry these attys aren't working out for you. :(

Funny that I found this thread because I'm overseas right now and working on buying AUTHENTIC Joye atomizers and putting different color bands on them (with silver being the first priority, of course ;)). The idea started because I really don't like gold much either... B)

Joye-tech will make what you pay them to.

Most Go thru Joye-tech & there is 2 others I read about.

Quantity orders Required..

I have talked to a couple of them over at joyetech..

They will take and do what they are paid if there capable. Including anodizing.

Yuppers - That's my preference, I get them in bulk at TW...

First thing I did was carefully remove the little stringy fiber wicks... and I was off to the races!

It was like I didn't even have a "break in period" on my first one. Hope they are all like that from here on out.

Are you a "dripper" or "cartman" ?

First thing I did was carefully remove the little stringy fiber wicks... and I was off to the races!

It was like I didn't even have a "break in period" on my first one. Hope they are all like that from here on out.

Are you a "dripper" or "cartman" ?

Cart cart cart (PTB), dripping is for those crazy kids! What is the stringy fiber wick?

Cart cart cart (PTB), dripping is for those crazy kids! What is the stringy fiber wick?

I'm guessing it's to help the wicking. Although I can't tell the difference either way in that aspect.

I just do it because before I've had parts of the fibers dry up, fall apart, and end up on the coil part.

I also think they eventually can crisp up from the coils heat and add a bit of burnt taste to the mix.

I may be completely crazy and wrong though too... :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it's to help the wicking. Although I can't tell the difference either way in that aspect.

I just do it because before I've had parts of the fibers dry up, fall apart, and end up on the coil part.

I also think they eventually can crisp up from the coils heat and add a bit of burnt taste to the mix.

I may be completely crazy and wrong though too... :thumbsup:

So its wrapped around the wick in the atty? I'll have to go and look at some now...

Check out this thread. There's a link to a vid a few posts down.

My link

Thanx Brian - At work so brought it up briefly but will have to check it out later. Looks like I'll have to have multiple pairs of glasses on to work the atty. And it'll have to be after my latest projects, trying to repair my 6 year old RPTV to use with XBOX 360 and finally setting up my 4.5TB Raid 5 server.

New to the 510 world, butr i got some atty yesterday with looks like a stainless steel ring in the base of the atty under the bridge,,,This thing is a real fog machine, hooked up to my PT it just awesome the vapor and throat hit from it,, just my .02

:thumbsup:

New to the 510 world, butr i got some atty yesterday with looks like a stainless steel ring in the base of the atty under the bridge,,,This thing is a real fog machine, hooked up to my PT it just awesome the vapor and throat hit from it,, just my .02

:thumbsup:

That's the SLB 510. Some like then, some don't, but I heard that they do well at 5v.

Anyhow, we're talking about he outside band of the atty - gold, silver, red, etc. Some atty's are solid black, other have a band on them.

Hi All,

I have atty's from VT, Janty, Innovapor, TW, Cignot and PEC..

All of these work well. The VT atty is my workhorse and the one from Janty is the one I start off new juices with.

My Innovapor (with the silver band) is one that I use ONLY for the Ultrapure. Its the one that doesn't die too quickly from the VG and all 4 I have work well.

One took a while but is up to par now. (2 days). I have 3 from Christopher and these are my workhorse. All work great and these I use for tobacco flavors only. It just seems to work best with the juice from the VTS. Don't ask y, I don't know. Just do..

The one from Cignot finally died and now I use it for dripping juice I make.

The TW ones I use for the sweet flavored juice I have and these were the 5 pack. (no warranty) and if they die (one did) I do take it apart and use for dripping too.

The Janty ones all work and have 4 of these. The one with the eGo and 3 others I got when I got the eGo.

I like them all. Although the one that came with the eGo kit died in the first week. Got it replaced right away (6 month warranty on them) and now works great.

Now I have 16 in reserve when ones start to die and 2 for dripping with the SS T-Tip..

I did forget to mention, I do have one SLB atty from PEC which was from a 510 kit that I bought (not the kit, the atty)

The order is how I usemy 510 atty's and the best to worst.

VTS

Janty

Innovapor

TW

PEC

Cignot

Right now I believe Christopher offers the better atty's as far as I am concern.. Even though they are all Joye Tech except for the one SLB...

Just MHO and .02 cents worth (more like .98 cents worth.. lol)