Lip issues

Matt77

Hi,

I’m pretty new to vaping. I’ve done it on and off at concerts etc. I wanted to try to substitute it for cigars in the winter. So far I’ve tried 2 Lava plus flavors (cool mint, clear ice). Each time I’ve tried, I get split and cracked lips in the corners of my mouth. I’ve been hydrating and using chapstick but the only thing that stops it is to stop vaping for a few days.

I’ve seen a few threads about this online with advice to hydrate,chapstick etc. I’ve tried this with no relief. Could it be that I’m using a disposable vape?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

From what you wrote, it could be a number of things. First, when you "hydrate", are you drinking plain water or are you drinking sodas, coffee, tea or energy drinks? Plain water is best from my experience. Next, it could be the flavors you're vaping. Try something bakery related or a non-acidic fruit, if possible. Give those a try and let us know if it helped. Vaping can be a lot of hit and miss things. Once you get past that, it can be a lot of fun as well as a way to get off nicotine. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the advice! I switched to the Lava plus strawberry banana flavor and no significant change over the week. The cracked lip corners seem to heal when I stop completely. Could it be that I need more VG thanks PG? I’ve read that the PG can be an issue. Should I try another brand maybe?

also , I drink almost 90oz of water per day , not sports drinks or sodas. I’ve been using lip balm a lot as well.

thanks again!

matt

What's the PG/VG ratio of your eliquid? Depending on what kind of tank you're using, too much VG can gum up the coil.

VG = thicker liquid, slightly sweeter, more vapor

PG = thinner liquid, more throat hit, less vapor

If you can change the ratio of PG/VG, do it a little at a time, vape to see if that's enough to stop the cracked lips. Also, try to be more conscious of how often you're licking your lips (especially around the corners). Because of the cracking, it might be that you're licking your lips more often therefore exacerbating the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have this problem from vaping but as a girl who cares about looks I can offer you to take skin vitamins (A and E combo) and try to use some oil (apricot/almond) at night, it may help. And yes, I agree with Tam in the part of trying less "sharp" juice.

So, I’ve tried just about everything suggested and still keep getting the cracking. Maybe I have an allergy? I’m really not sure.

i wonder if switching to another disposable vape brand or buying a pod system would help?

6 hours ago, Matt77 said:

So, I’ve tried just about everything suggested and still keep getting the cracking. Maybe I have an allergy? I’m really not sure.

i wonder if switching to another disposable vape brand or buying a pod system would help?

What are you using to vape now?